Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??

Go down 
+26
AFew88
Madden's Finest 200
xMattex
dracocepheus
Lake RuNz 508
HeadHoncho32
s0liddy
CapnCrunch
Crunk
Cadiz215
Hormel
Mckkz044
Sun
24Marion24
*R3D*D3VIL*
hof8231
CJDAWGG14
so much swag
OMG iTz POPPA
super_mario90
pkismyname
Baseballa
Travbebeastin
DaTBa1LHaWK
Fudgy
BroadwaE
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-01, 18:26

chaser257 wrote:
i have never used the cowboys
where do they rank??

They have a fast defense, good run game, great tight end and a couple good recievers, good QB. A very balanced team. If you haven't tried them you should give em a go.
Back to top Go down
BroadwaE
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BroadwaE

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-01, 23:38

1 Andre Johnson

HOU

WR

72T

2 Reggie Wayne

IND

WR

3 Vincent Jackson

SD

WR

4 Steve Smith

NYG

WR

5 Hines Ward

PIT

WR

52T

6 Sidney Rice

MIN

WR

7 Dallas Clark

IND

TE

80T

8 Chad Ochocinco

CIN

WR

9 Randy Moss

NE

WR

40T

10 Miles Austin

DAL

WR

60T

Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.Com/BwaE
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-01, 23:49

hof8231 wrote:
super_mario90 wrote:
hof8231 wrote:
super_mario90 wrote:
^^^^thats what im saying AFEW88 he did that against two bad defences he ain't gonna do that against the eagles D

I'm glad you already know the outcome, saves me the time of having to watch it. Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes Austin has crazy skill. Sure the defenses he played weren't great, but he was still shrugging off cornerbacks like they were nothing.

And to answer your question there are plenty of receivers better than Andre. Calvin, Reggie Wayne, Ocho Cinco, Randy Moss, Larry Fitz, Anquon Boldin, just to name a few.

"but he was still shrugging off cornerbacks like they were nothing." thats because they were nothing those CB's arn't even good

and the only wr close's to andre is moss and calvin

wayne ain't as exsplosive after the catch

ocho cinco is good but nothing compared to andre

and larry isn't even close to what andre can do on the feild

lol u put boldin on that list HAHA he's not even a down feild receiver he's just good at catching those little under-neith throws

Last season Andre had 1,575 yards on 115 receptions, only 13.7 yards per catch and 8 TDs. Fitz had 1,431 yards on 96 receptions, a 14.9 average and he had 12 TDs. Sounds like just about everything about Fitzy is better than Andre. Wayne averaged 14 YPC, more explosive than Andre. Reggie Wayne was tied for Andre for their longest plays from scrimmage, 65 yards, while Fitz's longest play was 78 yards. Fitz and Johnson were tied with 4 40+ yard plays and Wayne was right behind with 3. You don't use any logic for your opinions, you only use your favorite players and the fact that they're your favorite players means they're incredible. You're not smart football wise.

andre is still more exsplosive after the catch than any one of those wr's im not saying that cuz he's on my fav team it just so happen's that he's on my fav team thats all and he breaks more tackles and fight's for more yrds and go's across the middle of the feild more than any other wr in the league and also is the toughest
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-02, 00:56

You are wrong again, Mario. You say Andre is more explosive after the catch than any WR, but he is 12th on the list in Yards After the Catch. You say he breaks more tackles, well there is no stat for that but he is 12th on the list for first downs. You say he is the best not because he is on your favorite team but because he just is. You have no facts to back it up.

Let me give you one that might help. Why don't you say he leads the league in yardage. Because you are just not checking the facts and your statements are based on opinion

Let me give you another one he has been thrown to 70 times this season and has only caught 38 passes, he didn't even make top 30 on that stat.

Please bring something to the table, instead of a homer opinion. Learn how to back up your statements with fact. Or even better learn the facts before making statements.

You got the whole damn internet available to help support your argument, but you keep coming with opinion and no supporting data. Do your homework.

I am trying to give you a clue here, run with it.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-02, 04:38

i know he leads the league in rec yrds and i don't have to put up stats just look at his high lights they speak for them selves look at this play no other wr can do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpWqMqrZwTU
and he might not be #1 in all the stats but at the end of the season he will be #1 in rec and yrds and now that O.D. is out the ball will go to him even more and no other wr could do what dre did in that clip not fitzgerald,moss,ocho cinco,T.O.,colston,marshall,reggie wayne. maybe calvin though but thats it and every body has to agree i never seen no other wr do anything like that....thats in the league right now
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-02, 11:01

You mean something like this?

Even this. I've never seen Andre make a defender look that stupid.

I'm not saying that Andre's not the best in the league right now, I do however think it's simply ludicrous to say that he's leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else when he has less TDs, less yards after the catch, less yards per catch with the most catches.
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-02, 12:43

super_mario90 wrote:
i know he leads the league in rec yrds and i don't have to put up stats just look at his high lights they speak for them selves look at this play no other wr can do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpWqMqrZwTU
and he might not be #1 in all the stats but at the end of the season he will be #1 in rec and yrds and now that O.D. is out the ball will go to him even more and no other wr could do what dre did in that clip not fitzgerald,moss,ocho cinco,T.O.,colston,marshall,reggie wayne. maybe calvin though but thats it and every body has to agree i never seen no other wr do anything like that....thats in the league right now

Hey look at the bottom, MILES AUSTIN 250YRDS LOLOL
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-02, 16:56

just cuz he's not #1 on every stat doesn't mean he ain't #1 those other wr's arn't better austin sucks but he plays good against bad defence and calvin is on the same type of level as dre and marshall he's up there to but andre is the better wr even if he isn't #1 on all those stats
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-02, 18:57

super_mario90 wrote:
just cuz he's not #1 on every stat doesn't mean he ain't #1 those other wr's arn't better austin sucks but he plays good against bad defence and calvin is on the same type of level as dre and marshall he's up there to but andre is the better wr even if he isn't #1 on all those stats

Really, Austin sucks? 134 less yards and 2 more TDs than Andre on 18 less receptions. Yeah, sounds like it. Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes

And maybe Austin hasn't been playing the best pass defenses, but neither has Andre.

The Jets are tied for 3rd with only 7 passing TDs allowed and are 5th in total offensive ypg allowed. What did Andre do against them? 4 catches, 35 yards, big goose egg for TDs.

His next game he had 2 TDs...against the Titans, who let up the most passing TDs in the league with 19 and is also dead last in yards allowed per game through the air.

His next game was against Jacksonville, who is 26th against he pass and is tied for 26th in passing TDs allowed and he didn't score a TD.

Next up for Dre was Oakland, who has only let up 9 passing TDs all game and is 13th in passing defense. Andre still did not score a TD in this game.

Next up is Arizona who is 20th against the pass and has let up 11 passing TDs. He scored 2 times against their weak defense.

After that was Cincy who is 31st against the pass and has let up 10 passing TDs, and Andre couldn't even score on them.

Next up for him was San Fran who is 29th against the pass with 9 TDs allowed. No TDs.

Last but not least was Buffalo, who ranks 11th against the pass with only 6 passing TDs allowed. He couldn't do anything against them either.

What does this prove? That like Austin, Johnson has yet to do anything against a respectable defense. He hasn't scored a TD besides 2 games against terrible pass defenses.

Now let's look at Miles Austin and the games where he scored his TDs:

Week 1: @ TB. Ranked 15th against the pass with 16 TDs allowed.

Week 5: @KC. Tied for 29th against the pass with 13 TDs allowed

Week 7: vs ATL. 27th in YPG allowed against he pass but only 8 TDs allowed

Week 8: vs SEA:. 18th against the pass and 10 TDs allowed.

So Andre scored against the 20th and 32nd ranked defense and Austin scored against the 15th, 18th, 27th, 29th. Looks like Austin's year has been more impressive to me.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-02, 21:55

lol this is almost comical
Lets look at everything instead of just the stats...

Boldin and fitz are a product of a GREAT QB and a pass happy O. still top WR but it does inflate there stats
Reggie wayne has PEYTON freakin MANNING throwing him the ball, making it easier to get YAC, and he can put the ball exactly where reggie needs it, making everything easier for him
Chad didnt do anything last year (although im not sure if he was hurt)
The last 2 season brandon marshall has played on teams where the leading rusher was at 729 yards, forcing them to throw the ball more
calvin johnson has yet to play on a team with a 1,000 yard rusher
now that brings me to A. Johnson. he played with Matt shaub who is just now coming out as a really good QB, and was one of the only Top WR who had a 1,000 yard rusher on his team

he is a BEAST and he is the best WR in the NFL. if you dont think so, think about how many more catches he would have had if he played in zona last year or any one of those other pass happy teams
the fact that you could put miles austin and andre johnson in the same sentance is an insult. well unless you say something like...
"andre johnson is sooooooooo much better then miles austin"
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 01:11

crazyblack001 wrote:

Boldin and fitz are a product of a GREAT QB and a pass happy O. still top WR but it does inflate there stats
Reggie wayne has PEYTON freakin MANNING throwing him the ball, making it easier to get YAC, and he can put the ball exactly where reggie needs it, making everything easier for him
The last 2 season brandon marshall has played on teams where the leading rusher was at 729 yards, forcing them to throw the ball more
now that brings me to A. Johnson. he played with Matt shaub who is just now coming out as a really good QB, and was one of the only Top WR who had a 1,000 yard rusher on his team

he is a BEAST and he is the best WR in the NFL. if you dont think so, think about how many more catches he would have had if he played in zona last year or any one of those other pass happy teams
the fact that you could put miles austin and andre johnson in the same sentance is an insult. well unless you say something like...

I'm not saying Andre isn't the best, I admit he is. But the fact is Andre has a lot of yards sure, but if someone like Miles Austin can have the same amount of TDs as him, something's wrong there. I also used to stats to show that contrary to what Mario thinks, Andre is not leaps and bounds ahead of every other elite receiver. And just so you don't freak out, no I'm not calling Austin an elite receiver.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 01:32

hof8231 wrote:
crazyblack001 wrote:

I'm not saying Andre isn't the best, I admit he is. But the fact is Andre has a lot of yards sure, but if someone like Miles Austin can have the same amount of TDs as him, something's wrong there. I also used to stats to show that contrary to what Mario thinks, Andre is not leaps and bounds ahead of every other elite receiver. And just so you don't freak out, no I'm not calling Austin an elite receiver.

okay i can live with that. i do think he is pretty far and away the best in the NFL because of the reasons i gave and i think austin is a 1 hit wonder and i think he will start to tail off as the season goes on. he might be an emerging WR in the NFL but by no means is he in the same class as the WR i mentioned because of the fact that he hasnt put up these numbers over a course of a few seasons. if he does, then maybe we can throw his name in there. but until that happends miles austin is nothing more then a guy who has gone on a good run and stepped up on a team that was in need of a playmaker on the outside. all of the TD romo throws cant go to witten so he has stepped up and filled that void
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 02:26

miles austin sucks compared to dre HAHA just because he has certain stats that dre don't have doesn't mean he's better or more impresive dre is the best wr in the game period even without the stats he don't need TD's to prove he's the best his performance on the feild speaks

and defences pay more attention to dre. defences don't even know who austin is maybe thats why dre #'s arn't that great cuz defences double cover and triple cover him most of the time and austin don't even see double coveredge cuz he ain't sh*t just bad tackles against him and bad defences he ain't gonna do nothing against the eagles D but if dre played against the eagles D he would tear them apart!
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 02:32

lol mario i agree with ya...he is the best WR in the NFL by a pretty wide margin. but you make it more and more obvious your just a homer with each post you make. "well dre would do this or that if he played against this team or that team" is not a valid arguement for anything
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 02:36

super_mario90 wrote:
miles austin sucks compared to dre HAHA just because he has certain stats that dre don't have doesn't mean he's better or more impresive dre is the best wr in the game period even without the stats he don't need TD's to prove he's the best his performance on the feild speaks

and defences pay more attention to dre. defences don't even know who austin is maybe thats why dre #'s arn't that great cuz defences double cover and triple cover him most of the time and austin don't even see double coveredge cuz he ain't sh*t just bad tackles against him and bad defences he ain't gonna do nothing against the eagles D but if dre played against the eagles D he would tear them apart!

No....he wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 05:41

yes he would
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 12:50

Dre versus philly facts

6 catches
0 touchdowns
And the Texans lost

Sorry Mario it appears your wrong again

Fact:

Andre Johnson was targeted 175 times last year, number 2 for the season. Fitz was targeted 160 times.

Sorry Crazyblack your "pass happy" theory is also incorrect
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 16:57

they lost cuz they were a different team back then

but the texans team right now could beat the eagles

dre is the best wr in the league period! miles austin is trash nothing special he's just a typical wr he's not even a down feild receiver he can't out run no body most of his big plays come from just bad tackles thats it he hasn't ran straight down the feild and made something happen he ain't a deep threat

1 play against the cheifs but it was for maybe 30 yrds and the CB had his hands on the ball first but austin pulled it away cuz he was fallen and it was against a cheifs CB miles is trash
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 18:50

Deep ball...you mean like this?

or maybe this?

Once again...you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mckkz044
New MS Member
New MS Member
Mckkz044

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 19:08

Miles got an update so what the hell are you guys still arguing about?
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 19:14

Mckkz044 wrote:

Cuz Mario is an ignorant biased douche, that's why.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 20:12

CapnCrunch wrote:
Dre versus philly facts

6 catches
0 touchdowns
And the Texans lost

Sorry Mario it appears your wrong again

Fact:

Andre Johnson was targeted 175 times last year, number 2 for the season. Fitz was targeted 160 times.

Sorry Crazyblack your "pass happy" theory is also incorrect

Fact: last year Kurt Warner was the 3rd in the NFL in Attempts. Fitz targets was lower cause they had 2 other 1,000 yard WR on the roster
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 21:18

Exactly so if Dre was in AZ would they have three or would he replace Fitz or are you saying they would only throw to Dre'.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 21:23

Mckkz044 wrote:

Just havin fun isn't that why the forum is here? Stupid
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty2009-11-03, 22:30

CapnCrunch wrote:
Exactly so if Dre was in AZ would they have three or would he replace Fitz or are you saying they would only throw to Dre'.

if dre was on az kurt would say f*ck fitzgerald if he wasn't so damn slow i would've thrown the ball faster in the super bowl and not had a sack/fumble at the end waiting for his slow ass to get open lol king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??   Will Miles Austin get another rating boost?? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Miles Austin get another rating boost??
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next