Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!

Go down 
+17
Genno
2ToN
BOSTN BEANER
Hormel
xXBlackiceXx
Bruce Wayne
Big Hungry 702
CapnCrunch
TheBillsFly
waltbabyluv203
B-__-R-__-B
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
David noooooooo
EggzOverEazy
s0liddy
MiamiXCanes
super_mario90
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-03, 04:18

T.O. can still stretch the feild and im sure theres a team that needs a deep threat.
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-03, 17:42

Next wrote:
thats from T.O.

"You don't want me to shine, but I'ma shine anyway. Cause I love me some me, believe it!"

he said it during a game, but it has been used for "NFL Films Presents -- The Art of the Game'' during his interview part.

LOL ... Yeah I know I was being sarcastic
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-03, 18:06

super_mario90 wrote:
T.O. can still stretch the feild and im sure theres a team that needs a deep threat.

Definitely not the Cowboys! We got M. Austin for our deep threat baby!
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-03, 18:30

s0liddy wrote:
super_mario90 wrote:

if he does stay with the cboys....miami shall swoop downa nd pick him up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-04, 04:38

s0liddy wrote:
super_mario90 wrote:

lol i wouldn't consider miles austin a deep threat he's more of a short reception wr that can run after the catch i didn't see him run straight down the feild and burn a DB unless it was because of a pump fake by romo that got miles open.

i don't seem to remember romo drop back and throw it over 50 yards this past season mainly because their a running team and they don't have a real deep threat i can only remember romo drop back two or three times and throw it 30 or 40 yards to miles only because of blown coveredge by a pump fake.

I've never seen miles austin out run a DB going straight down the feild i've seen him catch short receptions and break tackles and run after the catch he hardly ever went deep.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-04, 09:58

super_mario90 wrote:
lol i wouldn't consider miles austin a deep threat he's more of a short reception wr that can run after the catch i didn't see him run straight down the feild and burn a DB unless it was because of a pump fake by romo that got miles open.

i don't seem to remember romo drop back and throw it over 50 yards this past season mainly because their a running team and they don't have a real deep threat i can only remember romo drop back two or three times and throw it 30 or 40 yards to miles only because of blown coveredge by a pump fake.

I've never seen miles austin out run a DB going straight down the feild i've seen him catch short receptions and break tackles and run after the catch he hardly ever went deep.

You just contradicted yourself 3 times in one statement

You are using circular logic to prove an invalid point

He never went deep or he hardly ever went deep, which is it

The cowboys are a running team unless they drop back to throw the ball

He is not a deep threat except for the pump fake

He not a threat unless he catches the ball and breaks tackles

Dude, its clear you can't think straight through all that hate
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-04, 15:01

mario ur just silly right now....

why force miles to go deep when he can take a 10 yard pass break 3 tackles and score a 60 yard td? its obvious the guy has crazy YAC potential and the cboys took advantage of that....

if u knew ur nfl u wouldve known miles was the deep threat before he got a starting spot.....he rarely did any route besides a deep streak....but with owens gone and roy dropping sht as well as crayton miles role was to be both the playmaker and the possession guy.....the possession guy rarely goes deep but miles made that role work with his great instincts and footwork as well as his blazing speed....

dont let the cowboy hate blind you from the truth....i hate em just as much as the next guy but im not dumb on talent
Back to top Go down
waltbabyluv203
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-04, 16:55

aHH iTs 2ToN!! wrote:
mario ur just silly right now....

why force miles to go deep when he can take a 10 yard pass break 3 tackles and score a 60 yard td? its obvious the guy has crazy YAC potential and the cboys took advantage of that....

if u knew ur nfl u wouldve known miles was the deep threat before he got a starting spot.....he rarely did any route besides a deep streak....but with owens gone and roy dropping sht as well as crayton miles role was to be both the playmaker and the possession guy.....the possession guy rarely goes deep but miles made that role work with his great instincts and footwork as well as his blazing speed....

dont let the cowboy hate blind you from the truth....i hate em just as much as the next guy but im not dumb on talent

Yeah, Miles Austin and Steve Smith from the Giants both went from reserve rolls to being legit threats. Smith is more of a possesion guy, Austin is a big play guy, either way they both stepped it up big time this year. Austin, Smith, and D. Jackson. 3 nice young WRs from the NFC East.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-05, 04:51

miles ain't a deep threat someone siad "he's (miles austin) is are deep threat" but it's obvious he's not a high flying wr.

and his speed! what speed! he ain't that fast.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-05, 05:09

Dude, we went over this all last season

He had a 4.29 official time in the 40 at Rutgers Pro Day
That is blazing fast
That makes him faster than Andre Johnson (4.33)

All last season you said he was nothing special andhe finished with the most yds in the NFC and 11 TDs

The Cowboys don't play him deep anymore because he is there number 1 possesion reciever

He was a big factor in the Cowboys winning the NFC East title
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-05, 06:11

hes a PLAYMAKER, not a deep threat

i dont know how many times i have to say this, somebody with crazy YAC isnt going deep to often. just because hes fast doesnt make him a deep threat. vincent jackson is a deep threat, but is he fast? no. speed and being a deep threat are 2 different things
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-05, 17:01

MiamiXCanes wrote:

i dont know how many times i have to say this, somebody with crazy YAC isnt going deep to often. just because hes fast doesnt make him a deep threat. vincent jackson is a deep threat, but is he fast? no. speed and being a deep threat are 2 different things

actually jackson is quite fast for some1 his size.......he goes deep because he can handle the jams and can get ahead quite quickly....

and under the cowboys' circumstances austin was the possession guy instead of regularly going deep ala djax.....so that stymied his role as the deep threat guy and changed his role into a playmaker....

u dont just get a 60 yard td off a 10 yard pass with sht speed....the guy outran everyone on a regular basis after he broke tackles....hes an ankle breaker

any1 thinking he doesnt have the capabilities to be a deep threat guy simply cuz the cboys use him differently in order to win games is just dumb.....

mario ur just biased plain and simple for u to be so stubborn to the facts

black while that may be tru for some wrs, most of those wrs dont play a deep pass role nor have they tried to....austin WAS the deep threat guy for cowboys for a couple years before he got the starting job
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 05:12

CapnCrunch wrote:
Dude, we went over this all last season

That is blazing fast

All last season you said he was nothing special andhe finished with the most yds in the NFC and 11 TDs

The Cowboys don't play him deep anymore because he is there number 1 possesion reciever

He was a big factor in the Cowboys winning the NFC East title

but when you put on the tape it's obvious that dre is alot faster than miles.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 05:16

aHH iTs 2ToN!! wrote:
MiamiXCanes wrote:

actually jackson is quite fast for some1 his size.......he goes deep because he can handle the jams and can get ahead quite quickly....

and under the cowboys' circumstances austin was the possession guy instead of regularly going deep ala djax.....so that stymied his role as the deep threat guy and changed his role into a playmaker....

u dont just get a 60 yard td off a 10 yard pass with sht speed....the guy outran everyone on a regular basis after he broke tackles....hes an ankle breaker

any1 thinking he doesnt have the capabilities to be a deep threat guy simply cuz the cboys use him differently in order to win games is just dumb.....

mario ur just biased plain and simple for u to be so stubborn to the facts

black while that may be tru for some wrs, most of those wrs dont play a deep pass role nor have they tried to....austin WAS the deep threat guy for cowboys for a couple years before he got the starting job

[b] did you see the defenses he did that against he had his best game against the cheifs. . .THE CHEIFS!!!! and other atrocious Defenses C'MON SON!.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 05:57

maybe, but you need more then speed to be that deep threat. you need to be able to go up and over DBs ala randy moss. you need to have great body control aka larry fitz. IMO speed alone doesnt make you what is considered a deep threat. yes miles is fast, im not arguing that at all (i want to make that VERY clear, i understand he is fast). but only 1 time, all season did i see him just straight burn a DB on his own. i dont think he can be the guy who you say, "go deep, were gunna gget you the ball" like it is with other real deep threats. the man is a straight up, bonafied playmaker. maybe one of the best in the NFL at YAC, but you can not honestly sit here and tell me that you can throw miles in with guys like desean jackson, randy moss, larry fitz, dre, calvin johnson ect ect cause hes just not

answer this question, you have a one on one matchup with darrelle revis and peyton manning throwing the ball. now rank your top 5 WR you would want to be the WR going deep on him. hell, top 10 for that matter, and lets see where miles austin is at on that list. cause i can name 5 guys right off the top of my head without even thinking about the question and miles damn sure isnt one of them

hes a great WR and everything he did this year was amazing, but the man is not an elite deep threat, and he will never be an elite deep threat
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 08:12

Will never be, hahaha, he has only started 11 games
He was an undrafted free agent from Monmouth
He has not even come into his own yet.

You say he is fast, You say he can catch, you say he had an amazing year. I know he can go up and get the ball, I know he is a playmaker, I know he has great hands. I think the jury is still out. He has not reached his potential. The only reason I would not put him in the top, is he is not at the top of his own game yet, and he is at just the right age this year and next to have the game slow down some for him. Currently with the great year he had, he is getting the coaching and attention that he did not have before. Heck he's only 24, I think? I am excited about his future with the Cowboys!!!

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-03-06, 08:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 08:17

super_mario90 wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

That is blazing fast

but when you put on the tape it's obvious that dre is alot faster than miles.

I just proved he is faster than Dre,
until you can prove otherwise
Your just talking out your assterisk!!!!

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-03-06, 11:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 08:22

i love how you boys fans are quick to throw miles into the "elite" WR and when we throw out that he only had one good year, you all are very quick to dismiss that. but, its okay for you to use that stat when it prooves your point

those coaches know miles, they know what he can and cant do. they have been around him for a few years and they understand his game better then any of us do. so, ill trust them, cause if he was such a great deep threat, he would be used like one. they can use witten underneath and roy isnt anything special at all but he sure as hell isnt a deep threat and yet they still didnt use miles like one? dont you think that says something about it? if he was so good at going deep then they woulda trusted him more, not use double moves and pump fakes to get him open

ill say it again, how many times has miles beat a DB one on one without the help of a pump fake by romo (thats valid because, catching a DB looking at the QB when he pumps it bairly involves the WR. it has more to do with dumb play by the DB, not anything austin did).

anybody who wants to argue, just answer my question. in a one on on situation in a deep ball vs revis, rank your WR that you would want and see where miles is on that list
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 08:34

You say those coaches know him, well look at how dumb they have been. Roy Williams gets #1 and 70 million while there best guy sits on the bench for a year. Maybe they didn't know him at all. Til he went out and proved it. Now they know him. Now everybody knows him.

He led the NFC, that's a pretty good start to becoming an elite WR I would say. String a couple of those together and it will be etched in stone.

Ya I would send him deep, but not if I need him short. Heck, I can't remember more than a couple deep throws all last season for Romo. The Dallas offense is a modified West Coast where you take the under and continue to move the ball methodically upfield. It worked pretty well for them. No need to change.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 11:58

so it was wades idea to bring him in? very doubtfull....jerry jones is the big mind behind all that. he brought in roy, he wanted roy to be the #1 because of the money hes paying him and that was that.

hes a GREAT WR, not arguing that at all...but he is no deep threat
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 12:32

An elusive runner, with blazing speed, that can catch the ball.
Absolutely a deep threat. They just need to work on routes, teamwork and awareness.
Hey, but don't ask me, that's my team and he's my dawg.
I expect to see him in the hall of fame, with Witten and Ware.

You heard it here first!!!
Back to top Go down
waltbabyluv203
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 13:58

CapnCrunch wrote:
You say those coaches know him, well look at how dumb they have been. Roy Williams gets #1 and 70 million while there best guy sits on the bench for a year. Maybe they didn't know him at all. Til he went out and proved it. Now they know him. Now everybody knows him.

He led the NFC, that's a pretty good start to becoming an elite WR I would say. String a couple of those together and it will be etched in stone.

Ya I would send him deep, but not if I need him short. Heck, I can't remember more than a couple deep throws all last season for Romo. The Dallas offense is a modified West Coast where you take the under and continue to move the ball methodically upfield. It worked pretty well for them. No need to change.

yeah definitely, Steve Smith sat behind Plax, Toomer and Hixon before he became our #1. Then he went out and had a season that those guys couldnt dream of. I dont see what the big deal is about going deep? QBs go deep 2, maybe 3 times a game. This league is about the short underneath routes, breaking a tackle and taking it to the house. You dont have to be a great deep threat to be a good WR. On Madden maybe, but in real life no.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 15:50

crazy u gtta realize cowboys fans think their team is the best of the best so dont worry about them sayin austin is elite i dont think he is YET but he has the potential

funny u mentioned revis cuz well he has shut down some of the top wrs in the league lol including wayne andre ocho steve smith and so on and so forth so i dunno if thats a good comparison

as far as miles burning DBs i routinely saw that dude burn dbs in 07-08 seasons.....no one noticed because there was someone else called terrel owens lol....

crunch is right tho romo rarely ever threw deep no like back in 08.....one of the reasons why he had such a great non turnover season is they changed the passing system around....remember jones said he was gonna make it romo friendly? short passes eliminating mistakes and letting ur playmakers make plays to get in the endzone and pound the rock in was the cboys' game so yea u wont see much if any deep bombs on tape for the 09 season regardless of the wr

i dunno why the word deep threat is soooo important....hell west coast systems laugh at that word since they dont care about speed....oh yea miles can def jump up and get the ball guys fast as heck and 6'3....sounds like some1 we all know.....andre!

of course im not comparing austin to dre cuz dre ha sthe resume and austin only started 11-13 games but he most def has the potential to do it and thats all im arguing about....that and his role/system didnt allow him to go deep too often

any1 dismissing austins speed and ability to go up there and grab the fb is sorely mistaken on his talents
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-06, 17:01

^^^^
Nice post
Especially since it supports my position
But none the less, nice post
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty2010-03-07, 04:34

Darrelle revis said "the hardest wr's i had to cover were Dre & steve smith"

enough said LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!   T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

T.O. & OCHO CINCO on the same team WHAAAA!!!!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next