Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

slants are killing me

Go down 
+3
o Cpt ViDeO o
B-__-R-__-B
bullethead527
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bullethead527
New MS Member
New MS Member
bullethead527

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-01-27

slants are killing me Empty
PostSubject: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty2010-03-14, 02:25

I keep getting burned on 3rd and like 3-5 yards with slants, i try zone, man, press cov man, qb spy zone, fag D, controlling the LB, moving the safety manually into a 4-4 type D, put 80% of the time I cant stop that freaking slant. Any tips!!!
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty2010-03-14, 03:24

bring pressure and have a spy they drop right underneath the short slant routes, but pressure is the key, if he has time to throw eventually the slant will beat man D or run out of your defenders zones, so i would say blitz him with a end or linebacker in a QB spy.
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty2010-03-14, 03:41

Like B said, bring pressure and make sure it's nano like, the quicker the pressure the better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mdott360
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty2010-03-14, 06:15

usually on a 3rd or 4th and 4 or 5 ill bring a gap heat while covering the flats and user a safety too cover the middle. tbh im dumb for even saying this cause its really kinda weak when it comes to slants and thats its biggest flaw probably. but if you have great user skills you can throw one of the ends in a spy or hook zone and then only have to worry about the opposite side of the hook zone to user with the safety. if you know its coming a cover 2 sink will probably work and just press coverage and user the blitzing linebacker and just feel free to do whatever with him, id probably watch one of the flats.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty2010-03-14, 11:36

Bring pressure and take away their first read
Back to top Go down
bullethead527
New MS Member
New MS Member
bullethead527

PostSubject: Re: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty2010-03-14, 15:03

THANKS, ILL TRY THAT
Back to top Go down
bullethead527
New MS Member
New MS Member
bullethead527

PostSubject: Re: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty2010-03-14, 15:03

BUT HOW DO YOU SET UP NANO BLITZ SCHEMES? NEVER COULD!!!
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty2010-03-14, 16:14

slants are easily stopped by controling you MLB in the middle of the field...I often use nickle 3-3-5 Two Man Under. You have two safeties deep, MLB in zone and everyone else manned up. Just lurk around the middle field watching for slants and I guarantee youll get a pick or make the qb try to pick up the first.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty2010-03-14, 18:09

3-4 normal cover 2. spread line and put both DE in a spy and spread your line
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: slants are killing me   slants are killing me Empty

Back to top Go down

slants are killing me
Page 1 of 1