Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

HB routes out of the backfield killing me!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-29

HB routes out of the backfield killing me! Empty
PostSubject: HB routes out of the backfield killing me!   HB routes out of the backfield killing me! Empty2009-12-03, 06:06

k so i played this guy that ran nothing but a shotgun play where his running back was on his left tight end on the right with single wideout on the right with two recievers one the left. the running back does one of those angle routes where the back goes out then cuts in, the tight end does a slant over the middle, the slot on the left does a slant out, and the far left reciever does a route where he slants in then goes straight up then breaks to the left corner. if i cover the RB he throws the TE slant if i take those two away he hits his outside guy and it seems if i try and nano him it works better for him. i need help cuz ima rematch this guy and if i can take away this play ill beat him. any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance guys!
Back to top Go down
getyopopcornready
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-09

HB routes out of the backfield killing me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HB routes out of the backfield killing me!   HB routes out of the backfield killing me! Empty2010-02-09, 13:58

1. Play a 3-4 cover 2 flat zone.

2.Whichever side the RB is lined up at make your OLB play a flat zone as well.

3. If the RB happens to run to the opposite flat that he is lined up at then continue to do steps 1 and 2. But now you should make your DE that is lined up opposite of the RB to make him play flats.

4. Control your DT and bull rush the hell out of the QB relentlessly.

Point 1. The 3-4 defense cover two allows you to have your quick corners available to make a play on the RB as soon as he catches the ball.

Point 2. - The point here is that your OLB lined up on the same side as your LB is quick enough to run out to the flats and provide backup for the corner lined up in the flat as well to stop the RB as soon as he catches the ball.

Point 3. - The point here is that your DE lined up on the opposite side of the RB is quick enough to get to the flat to support the CB lined up there since the RB has to run an extra 10 yards (about 2-3 seconds) to get outside to catch the ball.

Point 4. The point here is to provide enough pressure on the QB to make him feel as if he has to rush the throw to make an accurate one. Sometimes if he rushes the throw or is hit while trying to throw it will either just fall to the ground or be a pick 6 for your corner.

The moral - The further outside the RB gets the more chance he has to get into the open field for big yards. If you make the RB catch the ball within your OLB or sooner than this gives your DE and LB's (maybe even your DT and MLB's) a chance to make the tackle before he gets in the open field. If you take away all the above with the RB then your MLB's and Safeties should take away all slants and your DE, OLB, and the 2 corners will be there to make the plays when the TE or WR catch a crossing pattern.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down

HB routes out of the backfield killing me!
Page 1 of 1