Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

stopping the wildcat

Go down 
+10
sferg11
Reddtaktikz
bcity84
Fudopi is That Dude
xBALLiiN
xXMRxVaDeRXx
talent2bheard
mlb6434
EccentricMeat
dahvied
14 posters
AuthorMessage
dahvied
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-24

stopping the wildcat Empty
PostSubject: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-29, 19:17

please help.
Back to top Go down
EccentricMeat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-29, 21:24

This is easy. Punt block man. Always shuts it down.

I played this guy (28-1) who hit me with a surprise Wildcat first play of the game. He got a touchdown. Turns out ALL he could do was wildcat, and by using punt block man, he averaged about 2 yards a carry after that TD. Unfortunately I lost because he got a lucky ass interception when the ball bounced off my receivers hands, then off the O line (he was going over the middle) and then a D linemen picked it off. Yeah, gay.
Back to top Go down
mlb6434
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
mlb6434

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-30, 10:55

Might try out 4-6 normal Inside blitz........maybe try something outta the nickel 1-5-5. Dont really need to worry about the pass so you can run a man blitz on it.........
Back to top Go down
talent2bheard
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-30, 17:59

yep punt blk man and if all they have is run plays in wild cat fg blk, stopping cheese with cheese
Back to top Go down
xXMRxVaDeRXx
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-30, 18:41

1-5-5 engage 8 works every time. User the OLB and the strong side.or the safety on the strong side.
Back to top Go down
xBALLiiN
New MS Member
New MS Member
xBALLiiN

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-30, 19:07

nah dude, someone on here told me about nickel qb contain, and idk why but it works like a charm, they never get more then 8 yards.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-30, 19:20

xBALLiiN wrote:
nah dude, someone on here told me about nickel qb contain, and idk why but it works like a charm, they never get more then 8 yards.

You call that stopping it? they could do it twice and get a first down.

But really, for every play listed so far in this thread I've found a way to beat it on offense, I spent like a hour labbing every single play people talk about the other day and beating em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
xBALLiiN
New MS Member
New MS Member
xBALLiiN

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-30, 19:30

dude qb contain gives up 2 or 3 yards maximum in most scenarios, unless you can get into the backfiekd quick. blitzing is stupid cuase even if u guess right side, the speed backs always find a way out, i'd rather give up 20 max then a TD
Back to top Go down
bcity84
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-30, 22:22

i blitz both my corners on wildcat plays and then i show blitz to have more men covering the middle in case he tries to cut it up the middle
Back to top Go down
dahvied
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-31, 01:17

haha puntblock man? i think ive played people where they used that for everything the other day.. it was stopping me bad... haha.. wow..
Back to top Go down
Reddtaktikz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-31, 04:11

the nickel qb contain was a sikk play nd wrks perfectly
Back to top Go down
sferg11
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-08-31, 05:23

pretty easy i run 46 all i do spread lineman spread lbs play as safty and always shoot to the outside make him cut up the field where the help is
Back to top Go down
DaddyxBooKouT
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-09-01, 09:24

Blitz the corners and spy the middle LB.
Back to top Go down
bcity84
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-09-05, 21:08

recently ive been playing alot of people who line up in wildcat and right when they're being tackled they do a shovel pass to an open receiver. how am i suppose to stop this, is so fucking annoying
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-09-05, 21:12

i shut the wildcat DOWN!!! lol i just do 46 inside blitz
1.crash line in
2.then contain DEs and spread lbs
3.user FS and watch him
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-09-05, 21:31

When I give up a 4 yd run on against the wildcat I get mad at myself that even gave up that much. Wildcat is almost compltely useless in the skilled online community.
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-09-05, 21:34

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
When I give up a 4 yd run on against the wildcat I get mad at myself that even gave up that much. Wildcat is almost compltely useless in the skilled online community.
yea i found out how to stop it the first day i had the gm.....
Back to top Go down
bcity84
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-09-05, 21:36

you guys must have not been playing the people who do a option pass as they are getting tacckled. until you start playing these guys dont talk about how you stop the wildcat
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-09-05, 21:40

bcity84 wrote:
you guys must have not been playing the people who do a option pass as they are getting tacckled. until you start playing these guys dont talk about how you stop the wildcat
ive played peeps dat pich the ball across the field dude so dont tell me sir....
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-09-05, 21:41

dUPxBTefft23 wrote:
Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
yea i found out how to stop it the first day i had the gm.....

I do something similar, I go 46 Inside blitz, contain the ends and pinch the backers then manually shoot the LOLB through the A gap, almost always shuts it down.
Back to top Go down
Buc58
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty2009-09-06, 11:27

I love this 46 inside blitz...its just funny how these dudes that use philly still get yardage. its seems like every man i have they chop block and find a hole and a small as deshaun jackson is he can break mad tackles!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stopping the wildcat   stopping the wildcat Empty

Back to top Go down

stopping the wildcat
Page 1 of 1