Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stopping the Wildcat

Go down 
+9
bigblue723
bigbuddah
Any23Time
beeman999
Fudopi is That Dude
millertime2480
enyo24
Swag Escobar
Mcnair2Wycheck
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Stopping the Wildcat Empty
PostSubject: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 20:06

I see a lot of threads on how to run the wildcat, but how about stopping it? Anyone have any tips?
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 20:32

in the demo i just 3-2-6 man blitzed it... but someone who can run it perfectly will give u problems regardless.....................alot of people will suck tho
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 20:34

yeah I bet a lot of people will force the wildcat this year
Back to top Go down
millertime2480
New MS Member
New MS Member
millertime2480

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 20:38

Seems to me like people are gonna run it to seem cool when rarely anyone can actually run it effectively. Either way my plan is to just blitz the hell out of it. I mean I'm not to worried about the teams running back receiver completing passes down field so I'll just blitz everyone and use my FS. It'd be nice if you could run commit but its not in the demo and I haven't heard that its in...
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 20:42

thats what i mean. They are going to run the wildcat just for the sake of running the wildcat...not when it is the best situatuation to do so. Also they might do it in a situation that is not a good time to do it.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 20:44

Start off controlling one of your safeties, and react.

Call blitzes around the ends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 20:54

1-5-5 spread the defense. run a man blitz. control the fs. flow to the ball. i put the defense in 1-5-5 and couldnt run wildcat. and since most wildcat dont got inside runs this pretty much destroys it. more coming when i get the game
Back to top Go down
Any23Time
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Any23Time

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 23:13

Should be relitively easy since like beeman999 said theres not a whole of running to the outside just load the box id go as far as pulling coverage in cause im not worried about a running back throwing for touchdowns against me if what the madden team said is true with all the new ratings and everything there should be very minimal running backs who can even throw the ball 35 yards on target so just getting pressure to the outside and shifting your line and linebackers correctly should do wonders against it just control the free or strong saftey just to make sure no passes have a chance of being completed
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 23:22

ronnie brown got some boosted ratings and he can sling it
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 23:45

shift everything to the motion side and deal with the cut back if they do it lol
Back to top Go down
Any23Time
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Any23Time

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 23:46

Besides Brown theres really no one who should have good ratings some QBs in the game are rated terrible Culpepper to name one it just takes away from the realness of the game if you have RBs throwing 40 yard touchdowns all the time
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-14, 16:48

Darren McFadden has a 60+ Arm... he used to run the formation at Arkansas. Watch out for him, I was slingin it all over in practice. I'm pretty sure he's better than Russel!
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-14, 21:44

I've been completely shutting down the wildcat with 46 - Inside Blitz and containing the ends. My opponents are probably only averaging about 2 YPC with the wildcat against me.
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-15, 10:23

titans and CJ is just cheese. nearly impossible to stop
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-15, 10:37

thank u dude the wildcat was the only thing i could not stop....
Back to top Go down
HellRellWMU
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
HellRellWMU

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-15, 10:46

so the 46-inside blitz stops it??...are there any specific line adjustments....crashing in or out?....or specific hot routes for defensive players i should do, or just run the play as is?!...

i lost a game last night because he ran the wildcat twice and scored on a 80yd run....
Back to top Go down
HellRellWMU
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
HellRellWMU

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-15, 10:47

btw....what if u dont have the 46 in your d-playbook...what other formations stop it?....

i was thinking something in the nickel...like a 1-5-5 prowl....3-3-5....somewhere around there wheres theres alot of good tacklers hitting the outsides.....

help fellow maddeners?
Back to top Go down
memphisfletch
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty2009-08-21, 19:51

Using 4-3 over or 46. The 4-3 over lines the d line with the up with the slanted line. Also with taking control of a DE or a OLB on the edge, watch the motion and right before the motion back comes across u can time the snap the snap. I figured out if u watch the motion u get in the backfield really fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the Wildcat   Stopping the Wildcat Empty

Back to top Go down

Stopping the Wildcat
Page 1 of 1