Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stopping the WildCat

Go down 
+4
Vendable
TheBillsFly
Skane3
FelixdaCat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Stopping the WildCat Empty
PostSubject: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty2009-11-18, 20:18

Ok well I am still sorta new to the game (I'm 17-16 online on the PS3). I played this guy online who used the Cowboys and pretty much won thanks to the WildCat. I turned the ball over a couple times and in a matter of a few plays scored 3 times with the WildCat. After throwing several objects across the room and swearing so loud the neighbors could probably hear me, I took a minute to calm down and figure this crap out.

A friend of mine said to go FG block, so I did, and let me say it didnt work lol. (That was one of the 3 scores up there)

I then tried some goalline D and that gave up another TD. (The 2nd of the 3 TDs I gave up that I mentioned earlier)

I then went to the 46-normal and found this play called "rush outside". I crash the D-line in the direction the RB goes in motion to, I spread the linebackers, bump n run the coverage, and I user with the FS who is in a deep zone. Felix Jones takes the direct snap, runs to the outside and is stopped behind the line! I am ecstatic at this point. I feel almost as if I have found the cure to cancer. My opponent then calls WildCat again and does the same play and somehow escapes the grasp of my DE in the backfield, cuts back to the left (I moved my FS out of position, woopsie) and Felix Jones is gone.

I still felt like I called the right defense, so I continued it the rest of the game and I shut his WildCat down after that. I was just wondering if there is possibly a better defense to call other than 46 normal rush outside and crashing the line to the side of the power run.
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty2009-11-18, 20:35

I use this play out of goal line call gaps fire.Crash line out,and slide d-lineman wen u see the motion coming.Put yur ends in conatain just in case.And switch the safety to a yellow zone or man wit the TE jus in case its a cheesy pass.Or use FG block wen u kno its abosulty a run.If he passes u dead lol..
Back to top Go down
TheBillsFly
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty2009-11-18, 20:39

yo felix, whats up
i use CB Dogs Man out of Nickel Strong and control the FS
i usually reblitz my MLB and move the DLine to the Strong side.
the most important thing is that you absolutely CANNOT bite on the counter cause once you overpursue with your FS, its over
Back to top Go down
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty2009-11-18, 20:41

Hmmm well I'll give it a shot. I don't like all of that re-blitzing stuff and defensive hot routing...it just seems like it takes too long.
Back to top Go down
Vendable
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty2009-11-19, 03:12

try dime formation - all out blitz and controll the mlb for the run up the middle, works for me
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty2009-11-19, 06:24

yeah my golden play is 46 bear-outside blitz but heres the thing....i dont run the 46 playbook lol. so any solid plays from the jets PB here would be nice lol
Back to top Go down
Brian Fantana
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty2009-11-19, 15:15

Was the guy who ran the wildcat with the Cowboys Arrows53?
Back to top Go down
dlgunn
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dlgunn

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty2009-11-19, 16:56

I use the Jet D playbook and run the Nickel Odd split. This formation allows your defensive guys to stay wider on the field. Most wildcat users just want to get to the outside. I user the safety in the middle to make sure he doesn't run up the middle. You can do the all out blitz, and put the corners in contain. Or just use the middle blitz and reblitz your lb's.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty2009-11-23, 14:23

46 normal - Inside blitz

Reblitz the 2 DT's and put them right over the C and the RG

Contain the ends

Bump and run and pinch the backers, bring the FS closer to the line if you have time

Control the LOLB, back him about five yards behind the LOS, at the snap of the ball, spring right between the C and RG. This takes practice but I'm having a lot of success with it, especially if it is one of the wildcats where the RB comes in motion because you know exactly when the ball will be snapped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopping the WildCat   Stopping the WildCat Empty

Back to top Go down

Stopping the WildCat
Page 1 of 1