Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

beating man coverage

Go down 
+11
jayfury
Skane3
TMC
ontilt05
Sun
DaShizfromDaDesert
Truepatriot83
finfever
o Cpt ViDeO o
Moore's Pats
B-__-R-__-B
15 posters
AuthorMessage
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

beating man coverage Empty
PostSubject: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-25, 22:51

okay so lately ive played guys that like to go man the entire game pressing me, and it seems my WR's cant get off the LOS i got plays to beat man by my guys literaly cant get off the line, i mean dre has a 96 beat press rating and O.D. has a 84 beat press rating yet these two are held at the line for around 3 to 4 seconds and then they dont even run the right rout cuz they've been bumped off course, so my question is how do ya'l like to take advantage of man coverage? i know it sounds silly but this is plaguing my offense and i needa get this fixed pronot, thanks in advance fellas!
beating man coverage 83168
Back to top Go down
Moore's Pats
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Moore's Pats

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-25, 23:28

Find a play like krs14 or z spot also take advantage of the HB slants out of the backfield
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-26, 01:23

Run tight formations and bunch trips, change your package as well.
If your best WR is in the slot theres no way a 3rd string DB will jam a 96 BPR.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mdott360
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-26, 15:20

well its not man coverage itself thats killin me its the bump n run that i cant seem to beat dre is always cought up at the line as well as owen daniels. lol i needa figure something out.
Back to top Go down
finfever
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-26, 15:55

either pick a play that has preset motion (the green route) in it like mesh or z spot. this will prevent that guy from being bumped. or just motion a reciever your self and before he gets set hike the ball. but me personally, i just like to max protect with two running backs and set andre do his thing. just wait it out, make sure you have time with extra blockers, then hit him after he makes his cut. cause no one in the world is gonna be able to cover that beast, unless its darrel revis haha
Back to top Go down
Truepatriot83
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-26, 20:47

When I notice they playing man I usually switch to a 4 WR set and run slant routes but if that don't work usually in man there's no one covering the HB out of the back field so passes to your back should work Good luck dude
Back to top Go down
DaShizfromDaDesert
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-26, 20:50

a lot of times right stick up hot route has worked for me in experience and they get off quickly and often the corner has no shot and it's a big gain
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-26, 21:15

Find a play with a comeback route ran by a receiver that you can motion (not on the LOS). Motion him and hike right away. Bullet lead high/sideline. This is an unbumpable route.
Back to top Go down
ontilt05
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-26, 21:30

I think whats happening to you is the delayed bump and run. Its really effective and Ive had trouble with it from time to time, green routes usually can get off it ... also if you have a play in gun bunch curls attack, hr the middle wr and outside wr in bunch to curls and leave the inside one on the slant out, because hes off line he wont get bumped and the other 2 wrs give a pick for him for a quick pass to the outside, otherwise use compressed sets and get your hb outside, you can even motion him and hit him for a quick pass, with all the bumps it will provide natural picks for you to get your guys into space
Back to top Go down
Moore's Pats
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Moore's Pats

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-27, 02:12

They cant bump a auto motion i dont think
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-27, 06:58

Sun wrote:
Find a play with a comeback route ran by a receiver that you can motion (not on the LOS). Motion him and hike right away. Bullet lead high/sideline. This is an unbumpable route.

can you maybe enlighten me on these "unbumpable" routes? ive heard some things about them but didnt know if they were glitchy or not so i didnt post anything on it cuz i didnt wanna be seen as that kinda player but if people use it and you wouldnt mind givin me some more info on this it would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Moore's Pats
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Moore's Pats

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-27, 14:48

Yeah id like this to
Back to top Go down
TMC
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TMC

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-27, 23:39

I like to spread it out in the gun vs man or twin wr and hit the te and rb's also hb screens are decent
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-27, 23:44

Trips formation,slant,bunch formations,double routes, list goes on lol
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-01-31, 12:49

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
Sun wrote:

can you maybe enlighten me on these "unbumpable" routes? ive heard some things about them but didnt know if they were glitchy or not so i didnt post anything on it cuz i didnt wanna be seen as that kinda player but if people use it and you wouldnt mind givin me some more info on this it would be greatly appreciated!

a real nice unbumpable route is the CROSS IN play out of the I-form pro aka I-form H Pro. since it's a run formation your opponent will come out in a run defense most of the time.

just motion the #1 receiver and hike immediately(like the moment he moves, not even taking a full step). if they try to BnR you the reciever will get behind them. if not, the receiver will have a step on them. this play is a nice change up if you can run effectively already.
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-02-01, 17:14

i just kill people with my RB wit Z spot and they stop then i kill them wit zone killers lolz
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-02-01, 17:48

Great play in Denvers book out the Doubles Flex called FL Drag and it rapes man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
TMC
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TMC

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-02-01, 19:06

What I was doing last night when i played(i played 4 games and all 4 guys did man bump crap) any ways id come out in 3wr and put my slot wr on a fade bring him in motion and before he gets set hike the ball and hed be wide the F open all game espically if they blitz you
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-02-03, 00:56

y or just keep doing crossing routes.. the guys off the line should not get bumped and if they do just send one of them in motion..
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty2010-02-03, 03:26

Good play in the Houston playbook from I-Twins, but I know it's in other as well. China Special.

Audible the HB to a drag route, and the TE to an outside slant. Then motion the #1 receiver(He's on the outside) to the right. Just before he sets his feet, snap the ball. He'll run a slant over the middle.

The TE, HB, and #1 WR will all be wide open against man of any kind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beating man coverage   beating man coverage Empty

Back to top Go down

beating man coverage
Page 1 of 1