Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Beating all heavy coverage defenses.

Go down 
+5
super_mario90
Madden's Finest 200
Ant1010 I Play Wii
B-__-R-__-B
AshBlackstone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty
PostSubject: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-22, 12:47

I see posts on a pretty frequent basis where someone is asking how to beat certain defenses, and they're usually situations where there are 7+ guys in coverages.

And the person is always looking for some sort of pass play to get it done.

Run the football. If you want to be half-way decent in Madden, learn to run the ball down your opponent's throat.

And let me tell you, it's substantially more gratifying to run it down your opponent's throat than it is to air it out all day.

Stop looking for pass plays to beat the defenses that are giving you trouble, and start pounding the rock.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-22, 13:27

what if the clock is working against you?
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-22, 17:40

3 streaks and a deep route usually beat heavy zone coverage. At least is works for me.

Wheel Switch out of Snugs Flip

I streak the left slot and i streak the right outside. The clown route is 9/10 there and the Wheel route gets open on occasions and lastly the HB can turn up field off his route for nice yards too.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-22, 17:48

AshBlackstone wrote:
I see posts on a pretty frequent basis where someone is asking how to beat certain defenses, and they're usually situations where there are 7+ guys in coverages.

Run the football. If you want to be half-way decent in Madden, learn to run the ball down your opponent's throat.

And let me tell you, it's substantially more gratifying to run it down your opponent's throat than it is to air it out all day.

Stop looking for pass plays to beat the defenses that are giving you trouble, and start pounding the rock.
good advise, especially when they're in F@G D and you have to score in less than 2 minutes. Good tip cheers
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-22, 18:40

Theres always a pass play to beat heavy coveredge.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-22, 19:10

Even if the clock is working against you, run the football as much as you can. That is the key to winning in madden
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-23, 03:29

^ idk about that i've always said p*ssy's run the ball b/c they can't throw.

Throwing it DEEP is the key to winning in madden.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-23, 04:14

Madden's Finest 200 wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:

good advise, especially when they're in F@G D and you have to score in less than 2 minutes. Good tip cheers

If they're in a Fag D, and you run the football...you'll score in 90 seconds. I run the football all of the time at the end of each half, even if I'm down a score late in the game.

Last edited by AshBlackstone on 2010-04-23, 04:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-23, 04:15

super_mario90 wrote:

Creating a successful running game is substantially more difficult than creating a great passing game.
Back to top Go down
hacush
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-23, 06:18

I agree but I find the screen to work well against heave coverages provided yu have a decent mobile qb.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-23, 07:27

draw? screen?
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-23, 11:59

AshBlackstone wrote:
super_mario90 wrote:

Creating a successful running game is substantially more difficult than creating a great passing game.

Having a potent passing attack can make your opponent quit before the half i can't remember the last time i actually finished a game with my opponent still playing.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-23, 17:10

super_mario90 wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:
super_mario90 wrote:

Having a potent passing attack can make your opponent quit before the half i can't remember the last time i actually finished a game with my opponent still playing.

lol, yea, i know the feeling.... i think balance is key, however against most bums, you can make em quit early and then just run against the computer to get your stats up
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-23, 18:35

^ even when i play against the cpu i still throw it but i just run out the clock by throwing it and hike the ball with 1 sec left on the play clock.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-24, 09:13

nice... i like to get my run stats up on the comp... i average 150 yds a game cuz of quitters... normally i just get over 100... but to each his own, and i cant argue with mario, if it works, it works...
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-24, 18:35

i believe i average over 300 to 400 yards passing a game.

im sure i get alot of 300 yard passing games.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-25, 11:40

super_mario90 wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:
super_mario90 wrote:

My goal isn't to make my opponent quit. My goal is to be efficient with the football, and to win.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-25, 12:18

why would you want someone to quit? the point of playing online is to play a person.. if i want to play the comp ill go into my franchise.unless its late in the 3rd qrtr or somewhere in the 4th i will go ahead and quit when my opponent does. playing the computer is boring and pointless
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-25, 15:56

Im not trying to make my opponent quit they just end up quitting b/c of how BEASTLY!!!! i am.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty2010-04-26, 15:11

lol, i pass for 300ish yards a game, but i like to run at hte end to kill clock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beating all heavy coverage defenses.   Beating all heavy coverage defenses. Empty

Back to top Go down

Beating all heavy coverage defenses.
Page 1 of 1