Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Running the Ball or Running the Clock?

Go down 
+23
kaneunable
jd7680
CapnCrunch
irobson
saintsboy318
hacush
D_Cash
huh1231
BlackMassRevrend
Vaughnilla619
Ant1010 I Play Wii
hhh1
chitownlilb
MiamiXCanes
Dboyz214
R3V 1T UP
B-__-R-__-B
AshBlackstone
so much swag
frvwfr2
Havey009
Caceres72
Akademiks
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Akademiks
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-11-24

Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty
PostSubject: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-07, 17:02

A lot of people I play defense is quite suspect. So when they get on offense. They run the ball to death. And I don't mean they run it because of success because after taking the play clock down to 10 secs on 5 consecutive runs in the first quarter you can realize they just want to keep possession of the ball.

SO when you guys play a RUN HEAVY game what is usually the goal?? To run the ball to keep your offenseo n the field, the clock ticking and avoid interceptions?? Or basically to move the ball because you have a very effective run game.

Also some might say.. the goal is to run the ball and the clock at the same time, but I think it isn't so unless intentionally.. dunno bout you guys but I'm usually at the line with 20 secs left on the clock so its never a matter of me snapping with 5 secs on the clock n shyt.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Caceres72
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-07, 17:10

on my Madden i run 70% of the time pass 30%. i run the ball because it works not to stop the time, i pass when i only HAVE to or if hes blitzing playaction. running the ball just messes with your head. but me i run because it works
Back to top Go down
Havey009
New MS Member
New MS Member
Havey009

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-07, 17:12

I run 57% pass 43% or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Akademiks
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-07, 17:28

WTF? yall nyggas need to go outside with that run 70 % of the time.. this a video game

i pass like 68 run 32

I get a fat lead first half and run the ball out to save the misery and pride of the nygga im smacking

i dont have time to make the game drawn out though.

Plus I'm a defensive nygga.. i score mad quick to put my defense on the field..

aint nothing better than knowing you only had the ball for 8 min on offense while he had the ball for 20 min.. and you're defense allowed only 14 pts while you're offense scored 28
Back to top Go down
frvwfr2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-07, 18:27

I do it if it works, if I get stuffed a few times I give it up.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-07, 20:43

[quote="Akademiks"]WTF? yall nyggas need to go outside with that run 70 % of the time.. this a video game

i pass like 68 run 32

I get a fat lead first half and run the ball out to save the misery and pride of the nygga im smacking

i dont have time to make the game drawn out though.

Plus I'm a defensive nygga.. i score mad quick to put my defense on the field..

aint nothing better than knowing you only had the ball for 8 min on offense while he had the ball for 20 min.. and you're defense allowed only 14 pts while you're offense scored 28[/quote

yeah!!!!! Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Lol Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Lol i f*cking agree with you put the hurt on them then run like you a slave..hahahahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-12, 00:38

I use a run heavy scheme, but it's not necessarily to milk the clock. That's just a by-product of my rushing attack.

I don't usually let the clock roll down to one on every snap. There are times where it happens like that, because I might be making adjustments at the line.

I like to mix my snap count up. Sometimes on a running play, I'll get right up to the line and snap it immediately. Sometimes I'll take my time.

But I'm not really worried about my opponent having the football. I enjoy playing defense.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-13, 02:46

Akademiks wrote:
A lot of people I play defense is quite suspect. So when they get on offense. They run the ball to death. And I don't mean they run it because of success because after taking the play clock down to 10 secs on 5 consecutive runs in the first quarter you can realize they just want to keep possession of the ball.

SO when you guys play a RUN HEAVY game what is usually the goal?? To run the ball to keep your offenseo n the field, the clock ticking and avoid interceptions?? Or basically to move the ball because you have a very effective run game.

Also some might say.. the goal is to run the ball and the clock at the same time, but I think it isn't so unless intentionally.. dunno bout you guys but I'm usually at the line with 20 secs left on the clock so its never a matter of me snapping with 5 secs on the clock n shyt.

Discuss.

i like to pass in the first half and see where im at at half time. if im up big ill run it and only pass if i need a first if its a close game or im down you better believe im slingin that sucker around tryina put up points. i have more fun passing than i do running. lol
Back to top Go down
R3V 1T UP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
R3V 1T UP

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-13, 10:51

I run the ball more then I pass. I play clock control to win the game. If my opp is giving the run why pass. You always try to establish your run game before you pass Cardinal rule. Real football players know what i`m talking about. If you getting 5 yards a carry eventually it will add up. You play to win the game not to give the game away. Stay to your gameplan and if your opp **** talks he can`t stop it.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xxbigmacxx52
Dboyz214
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dboyz214

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-13, 16:19

Run up the middle Run to the Left Run to the Right eventually will take one to the house! And use PA once the run is established.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-13, 16:40

theres nothing netter then the guy your playing knowing exactly what, and where your running and they still cant stop you
Back to top Go down
chitownlilb
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-13, 17:26

i have a killer pass offense but i cant run the ball n sometimes it gets me in trouble i need sum tips
Back to top Go down
hhh1
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-14, 00:44

I pass 68% and run 32%, I only run when I the lead.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-14, 09:03

Running the ball is better than throwing the ball because running the ball can dictate your opponents offense. After a big play, like a 70 yard pass, your opponent is upset but thinks you can't sustain a full drive on him. After constant runs and success, it's emotionally draining from a defensive stand point knowing you're being out hit, out smarted and on the field way long than you want to be.

Long drives are more frustrating than big plays. At least from my stand point. Then again, Felix Jones does get me some big runs.

Peace
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
Vaughnilla619
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Vaughnilla619

Number of posts : 205

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-14, 17:45

My pass/rush ratio is roughly 70/30. Chargers don't got a run game so I rarely use run plays unless I'm ahead by 3 scores. In that case a majority of my plays are running plays just to run the clock. Score fast, get a big lead, then run the clock.
Back to top Go down
BlackMassRevrend
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BlackMassRevrend

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-14, 20:51

Id say 70/30 run/pass.I dont care if it is a video game.It is proven at every level of football from pee wee to Da League that if you run the ball and play good defense you will be successful.Case in point being the New York Jets.Who saw them making the Divisionals in week 9 or 10..I run because I love the grind.I wanna smash it down your throat..Id much prefer to run..
Back to top Go down
http://will_dimonde@yahoo.com
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-14, 21:03

i used to pass all game but now i run a lot. i feel like i'm running a lot but i'd still say it's like 50/50. i run to set up my PA. the other thing i realized is that this year with the 7 minute quarters, big plays, and flukes (lot more tipped passed caught this year than ever before) u have to run the ball. i generally play good D but u have 1 or 2 big plays for watever reason and they're back in the game. i find ball control to be a lot more important this year than years before.

it might jsut be that my passing game this year isnt as good as in years past so who knows lol.
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-14, 22:52

I used to pass a lot but, lately I switched to the Baltimore Ravens and with Ray Rice you have to run the ball. The run just seems so easy to stop but, when you can run the ball your nearly unstoppable and it's a great way to kill time and keep the opponent's offense off the field.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
Vaughnilla619
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Vaughnilla619

Number of posts : 205

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-01-15, 03:03

My running game ain't that great when I'm playing against a user who really knows how to shut the run game down. I give up about 30 yards a game rushing... If you wanna beat me your gonna have to do it throwing the rock.

Last game I played today I went up 24-8 in the first half and then just ran the ball and used PA to control the clock in the 2nd half. He was Denver and I was Carolina, and ended up winning 45-14. He had 4 yards rushing the whole game.

Shut down the run early, score fast, get ahead big, then control the clock and go ball hawk cuz he gotta play catch up.
Back to top Go down
hacush
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-03-04, 15:49

Clock control is the way to go! It becomes a chess game. I have no problem with it because all you have to do is stop the run if not than its a you problem.
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-03-04, 15:56

u gotta cater to your game and your team. If you don't have a running back. You cant run consistently. If you don't have a quarterback you cant pass it all game with success. It just depends on who you play with.
Back to top Go down
irobson
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-03-04, 16:23

run the ball when you have reggie bush...why cause he takes it to the house
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-03-04, 16:47

Running the ball
Running the clock
Maintaining possesion
That's just good football

Sure there are other ways
Is there a best way to win?
I guess the best way is the way you have the most fun
After all it is a game!!!
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-03-04, 17:40

That junk can backfire big time. Downside to running out clock is YOU dont score many times either. Usually you wind up only up a touchdown or maybe two at most. One fumble, onside kick, or blown play and you can get upset by a weaker player. I dont like losing because of bad luck. I say do what you do. Get a big lead. It forces your opponent into getting pass happy. Scoring helps your D be better by limiting your opponents options. Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Icon_study
Back to top Go down
kaneunable
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty2010-03-04, 17:42

see my weakness is that i play a college game in the nfl. i am a pass heavy i mean hawaii under june jones heavy. i run maybe 5% of the time i use my short throw attack as my run game...though i this is the first madden i have played in awhile(i am a ncaa man) it is messing me up online...i can seem to keep my momentum going in the 2nd half. i am not so much a defense guy my defense is my offense...plan is to score more than you can. that is how i play and it hasnt been very efficient, but i plan to work on it some and see if i can build it back up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running the Ball or Running the Clock?   Running the Ball or Running the Clock? Empty

Back to top Go down

Running the Ball or Running the Clock?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next