Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Running the ball

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goonkid23
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Running the ball Empty
PostSubject: Running the ball   Running the ball Empty2009-08-19, 03:59

I'm having a little trouble running between the tackles..... i'm having trouble running the ball period... Running the football is some thing i love to do in football games but i can''t seem to get it going at all.. is there like a technique to running the football??
Back to top Go down
TheMooseKnuckIe
New MS Member
New MS Member
TheMooseKnuckIe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Running the ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running the ball   Running the ball Empty2009-08-19, 14:21

That's a great start, the most important thing is to not give up on the run. Even if you lose 5 yards every time you try, atleast that way you have to keep the Defence honest!

I'm assuming your an Phi fan? So your probably running Westbrook so that's a plus. My problem was I was always in a hurry, which was retarded. Because I wasnt giving my Oline and FB enough time to set up blocks for me. You should give it a try, take it nice and slow and just let the play develop. Then once it does make 1 cut, and take it! A big part of the running game is being very decisive finding a hole and hitting it hard. If you try to hit a hole, then get indesisive and try to cut back, and run around like Barry Sanders use to do. It's not going to work out very well, your probably going to get tackled for a loss.

Just remember you cant break a 15 yard run every play. There is nothing wrong with a 2 or 3 yard run. 2 and 8 or 3 and 5. Beat's the hell out of 3 and long!!!
Back to top Go down

Running the ball
Page 1 of 1