Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

need help running the ball!

Go down 
+14
LTDosUno21
pman92
BOSTN BEANER
o Cpt ViDeO o
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
OGiant23
HT eFFecTz
Fudopi is That Dude
MartyBoy
R3V 1T UP
madden2k5
BoSpOrTsFaN
dirty-mullet
FEDXAP28
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FEDXAP28
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-10

need help running the ball! Empty
PostSubject: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-17, 19:38

I play with the vikings and I can never get more than 30 yards running with peterson. I will run 30 times and average less than a yard. this is for both online and franshise. my IQ is 594 and I have a all pro rush but cant do anything. on ps2 I can run 200 yards a game. Please help if you know anything!
Back to top Go down
dirty-mullet
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
dirty-mullet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-17, 19:41

Running is tough, especially online. I probably only average 2-3 yards rushing, and I am ranked in top 100 online. FB runs are probably the safest bet for positive yardage. Sweeps will always get you the biggest gains, but also the biggest losses. Just stick with it and take what the defense gives you.
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-17, 19:43

Do you use slide protection Fedxap?? If not use it because it works. I avg about 4 yards per rush with maroney but i dont rush much
Back to top Go down
FEDXAP28
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-17, 19:46

I try to use it, like if i'm runing a stretch to the left i do L2 plus L3 to the right and to me it seems like the defenders get to me faster
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-17, 19:54

just keep practicing your slide protection and you will get better.

Also try mixing in more passes so u can catch the d off guard and hit them with a draw.

another strategy i find very effective that would be great with peterson is half back screens.
Back to top Go down
FEDXAP28
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-17, 20:00

Ok thank you I will try that!
Back to top Go down
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-17, 20:13

Yes slide protection does help. BTW why you posting about next gen game in the ps2 offense section? BTW i have no problem with it just wondering.
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-17, 20:17

i noticed the same thing.
Back to top Go down
FEDXAP28
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-17, 20:19

Sorry Guys new to the site, I did repost in next gen.
Back to top Go down
R3V 1T UP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
R3V 1T UP

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-18, 07:07

You have two of the same post. But I posted my opinion already in the first one.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xxbigmacxx52
MartyBoy
New MS Member
New MS Member
MartyBoy

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-18, 09:05

The run is hard to get going this year. I like running out of formations that spread the def out. Like a singleback 3wr or strong I 3wr. Make sure you have a pass in the same formation that you like though. If they play pass run, and if they play run pass.

Last edited by MartyBoy on 2008-08-18, 09:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake)
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-08-18, 17:02

I usually get between 3-5 yards average when I play, running with Westbrook.

It actually helps if you don't sprint until you get past the first wave of defenders, because I've noticed that the second you sprint the linemen disengage from their blockers and the linebackers start pursuing more.

Also highlight stick and other moves don't work as well while sprinting, so just let up on the trigger if you're about to do a move.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
HT eFFecTz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
HT eFFecTz

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-10-26, 17:49

slide protection, lots of motion to block, fb dives and tosses
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

Number of posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-11-02, 09:35

use a lil highlight stick helps some with truckin people
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-11-07, 07:53

running for me is very very easy...i have always been good at it...i average at least 130 yards a game online...

but the way i do it is that i use run n gun playbook and do alot of my runs out of fullhouse strong and fullhouse weak

so try that am tell me how it works
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

Number of posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-11-08, 12:22

http://forum.madden-school.com/offensive-strategies-f16/stick-your-cleat-in-his-mouth-and-run-guide-t1994.htm read this
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-12-04, 10:21

To be honest you have to practice, You can run out of anyplay book you want but you have to know how, when and who to run at. You should have paitence and don't by all means abouse the turbo but, this year the AI adapts to you, so in a sense if you turbo AI turbos, so you have to pick your spots. Its a hard habit to break if you turbo finger is use to turbo everytime you run the ball, but you have to work that bad habit away for 09.

good luck:)

example:
simple out side hand off (can be executed from any formation)

Last edited by o Cpt ViDeO o on 2008-12-04, 11:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mdott360
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-12-04, 10:59

And dont be afraid to run draws... they take a little time to develope but if ur opponent is playing zone the defenders will back off a bit before u hand the ball off and it could be the difference of a yard or two on a carry or a monster hit and an arm tackle that u can break and get some extra yards.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
pman92
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-12-05, 22:57

M
ake sure to use slide protection and run to the outside.
Back to top Go down
LTDosUno21
New MS Member
New MS Member
LTDosUno21

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-12-05, 23:11

slide protection is really the ke and being able to get outside
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-12-06, 02:56

Just an example of using lead blocking to your advantage, so next time in practice mode find your strong TE or FB and make them earn their paychecks.

need help running the ball! BT*xJmx*PTEyMjg1NDY1NTQ2NDgmcHQ9MTIyODU*NjU1Njc1OCZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jmc9MSZ*PSZvPTk3NzJmYWQzOGE2NjQ1NWVhZmIyNTBlZDlkODMzN2Rm
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-12-06, 11:55

iTz Unr3al wrote:
running for me is very very easy...i have always been good at it...i average at least 130 yards a game online...

but the way i do it is that i use run n gun playbook and do alot of my runs out of fullhouse strong and fullhouse weak

so try that am tell me how it works

i run that RnG playbook as well. both the Fullhouse strong/weak formations are good to run out of..but...i also love running out of the I-Formation Twin TE and the Singleback as a change of pace. also, i don't always slide protect my O-line in the direction or to the side that i am running because....sometimes, the O-line will push the defender in that direction. so, i will either slide them to the opposite side (cross block) or aggressive.
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-12-06, 12:11

Good point Militant. What i always do is come out in an outside run play and adjust to what the defense shows. If there are three lineman down or four lineman down with no linebackers in the box, run up the gut with aggressive or pinch slide protection. If they are in the box, you can go with the outside run. Also try to motion a receiver or tight end for an extra block in the hole. On outside runs they generally do a good job at sealing the edge for a big gain.
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-12-06, 13:03

I can't stand how everybody an their momma use Run N Gun cause they think they can run easier cause of that formation, it just screams "Can't you see i'm taking the easy way out to run the ball with an obvious overloaded back feild" I don't believe that you need a formation to run the ball succesfully (example clip in this blog) its all on your skill and knowledge of the game. I said my peace hope nobody gets offended buts it has really been annoying me for a bit.

step into my office You're Fired
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty2008-12-06, 13:27

I usually slide protect to the opposite side or aggressive too. It seems to leave huge holes for at least 7-8 yrds a rush.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help running the ball!   need help running the ball! Empty

Back to top Go down

need help running the ball!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next