Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Real offensive strategies no cheesing

Go down 
+2
IRISHFBFAN1
gfreak000
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gfreak000
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty
PostSubject: Real offensive strategies no cheesing   Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty2009-12-03, 16:09

these are basic tips that alot of you might already know but for those of you that dont heres what ive learned. I use the seahawks so i had to work at it but im just gonna list things ive learned in no particular order.

1. look at the number of drop back steps your qb takes when the ball is hiked if you find the guy is getting a bunch of pressure on you from the outside, lessen the number of drops the qb takes. it all depends on the play picked. i use trips bunch and look for recievers running short routes that way i only take 3 steps back and i can throw a good pass in stead of throwing an akward pass that i threw because i was being rushed and i was taking a 5 step drop instead of a 3 step drop. i do this to feel out the guys defense and sometimes if no ones open i just take the sack.

2. shift your line according to how he shifts his d line for better protection. sometimes your gonna get sacked so dont worry it happens just dont run out of the pocket (unless you a running qb) it because you will probably get hit and fumble or throw and int. id rather get sacked in the pockets and come back with another pass play but this time my lineman picks up the blitz and i have more time to find my reciever .

3. dont force anything in the beginning of the game on the first snap. i usually have a bad first half but i come back and either win or make him nervous by coming extremly close.

4. if you find the guy spreading out his defense audible a run or use this as a opprunity to send out all your recievers in a route and stay in the pocket and keep the ball longer in the pocket because he wont get that much pressure and if he does blitz your best reciever or running back will most likely be open for a quick pass if hes only sending three then just stay and move in the pocket because the next part is important.

5. USE THE PUMP FAKE. when you see the he is only sending 3 or less men to blitz you stay in the pocket and look for your recievers and when you see someone is about to get open but is not yet. USE THE PUMPFAKE. that will get his defenders to bite because your been throwing quick short passes all game and most your guy will most likely be open to catch the ball. Im not saying this is always 100% but ive noticed how some defenders get faked and completely stop and freeze cuz they know theyve just been had. sometimes even the defensive line will stop because they thought you were going to throw and youve given yourself and your reciever time to hook up on a decent pass.

6. use tosses and runs out of passing formations to mix it up. ive had huge gains because my passing game was so good that it opened up the run game. if hes spreading out his defense run inside if hes brings everyone to the middle then just use a toss. Hb Draws have brought me hug gains to because defense thinks your gonna pass and my hb just runs past them. This shoudl work for most teams because i use the seahawks and they do not have very good running back (78 julius jones and forset 76) i use forsett.

7. Know your wide recievers strengths and weaknesses. I would never send houshmandzadeh on a deep route because the guy is not fast and cannot jump but short unpredictable routes the guy is money and catches them most of the time and gets my other recievers wide open.

8. use screens if your passing game is getting torn up because the guy is getting too much pressure. dont make teh screen obvious by running 30 feet back and chucking it because a good player will know what you are doing. instead look like your going to pass then avoid pressure and then once you see your screen is set then throw it to your half back. you also have to learn to follow your blocks just like when your run the ball.

9. AVOID THROWING THE BALL INTO AREAS WHERE THEIR STAR PLAY IS. i would never throw the ball anywhere near ed read or ray lewis because it is either a fumble or interception.

10 . punt the ball (even if you are losing by 2 touchdowns) if you still have atleast a quarter and a half to play. and learn to punt to the sidlines. I practiced punting to the very edge so i get the maximum yards and no return. if its 4th and 1 then its your call i sometimes go for it if i feel confident. dont be an idiot and go for it because you are down. if you dont trust your D. then take this as a oppurtunity to learn and get better. if you cant stop the guy all game then you deserve to lose.

11 KICK THE FIELDGOAL if you have too. if its 4th and 2 (even if im in the redzone) unless i know a certain play will work. i usually kick the field and i end up winning the game by a field goal. Kicking the field goal is not being ****** and anyone who says it is, probably only plays rookies who have no idea what they are doing. dont look to score a bunch of points in the beggining because ive learned that its not how you start but how you finish that matters. I was up by 24 points at half and this guy came back and beat me because my who defense was tired because i was being over aggrassive and tired out both sides of my team.

12 DONT BE OVER AGGRESSIVE OR TOO CONSERVATIVE. if you are coming out passing long bombs or trying to make big plays in teh beggining chances are you are gonna tire out your team early and even if you go up by 2 touchdowns before half. GUESS WHAT? there is still two more halves to play and if that guy was smart he made every snap count and set you up. Also dont come out running the ball all game because at somepoint you are going to have throw unless the guy hasn't stopped your run game all day then he deserves to lose. look to gain 3 to 4 yards first and if he isnt giving it to you then go down the field. go with whats working not with what you think is gonna work.

13. learn the proper angles of using running moves. I have had quite a few touchdown runs because whenever i had one or two men to beat i would set them up for a big move and leave them in the dust. Ive been hit sticked a few times and ffumbled a couple because the guy out maneuvered and out savyed me but most players are bad at hit sticking and think their gonna cut you off and hit stick you. what you can do is cut in for 2 steps and cut back or spin (just depends takes practice) and they end up missing badly.

14. RESPECT your oppenent. Do not go in with the idea that you are going to score everytime you have the ball. Thats just not gonna happen. instead go in with the idea that you are gonna run a good solid offense in which he will have to work and think as hard as he can to stop you. BE UNPREDICTABLE.

there are alot more i can think of but im to lazy to type anymore.
Anways for those of you that think i wasted your time i am sorry and
for those of you that ive helped you are welcome. ill give out more
things ive learned if i find that people do find these tips helpful.
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Real offensive strategies no cheesing   Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty2009-12-05, 04:16

Nice tips, and something that I should do more of, we all should read because many times all of us take certain things for granted. NICE POST MY MAN!
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Real offensive strategies no cheesing   Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty2009-12-05, 04:44

that is a nice post. people forget that basic football is in this game and something as simple as staying away from a star player or not misusing your own players can make a huge impact
Back to top Go down
gfreak000
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Real offensive strategies no cheesing   Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty2009-12-05, 07:07

thanks guys. I thought i would post it because for the longest time i thought:

Man if i become awesome at hit sticking and user catching i would be awesome but then i realized one man cant do everything. and it takes a game of wits and confusion to create the opportunities for plays. after watching peyton manning he just basically showed me how beautifully an offense can be run. its the simple basic things that can win you close games. ill definitely post more tips i can think of.

thanks again for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Real offensive strategies no cheesing   Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty2009-12-05, 10:22

I agree with almost everything this guy wrote. I go for it on 4th downs alot. I make most of them but one day i'm going to be very upset because I went for it on 4th. But that are the chances you take. I'm very aggressive I will throw the ball all game if you give it to me and I will run the ball if you give it to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Real offensive strategies no cheesing   Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty2009-12-05, 13:07

good post gfreak000. Yea these basic steps are very imprortant. Even if the #1 ranked guy doesnt follow these rules, he has a very good chance of losing. Nice post my dude
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Real offensive strategies no cheesing   Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty2009-12-05, 18:55

Good post. The people who play smart like that are the ones who will keep getting better and better every year as the game becomes more and more like real NFL football. What system do you play on?
Back to top Go down
gfreak000
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Real offensive strategies no cheesing   Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty2009-12-05, 20:11

i play on ps3 but ive also played on the xbox 360. I like the xbox 360 version more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real offensive strategies no cheesing   Real offensive strategies no cheesing Empty

Back to top Go down

Real offensive strategies no cheesing
Page 1 of 1