Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

using same formations= cheesing???

Go down 
+17
W A V Y D R E
AshBlackstone
Ellard
Madden's Finest 200
brazil
WestFo3
Sun
IRISHFBFAN1
c4jun
instantclassic91
pkismyname
DaTBa1LHaWK
Mcnair2Wycheck
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
so much swag
Crunk
raymond-bell
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-29

using same formations= cheesing??? Empty
PostSubject: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 05:46

hey guys just a quick question what are your guys opinions on running your entire offense out of the same formation and im not talking about like undercenter or shotgun im talkin specific formations like snugs flip or something like that. i played a kid that used i think it was snugs flip the entire game and it was effective to a certain extent but i found myself getting a bit pissed off then thinking about it after the game realized he wasnt doing any cheap? he wasnt manipulating my deffenders? it was clean, the same formation with probably like 6 or 7 different plays. so my question to ya'll is do you think this is a cheap way to play the game or is it cheesing all together? now that i look back on it in my opinion i think its clean he didnt win so maybe that had something to do with it but just wondering what ya'll think. thanks guys using same formations= cheesing??? 993453
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 06:46

I usually run everything out of the near formation and dont find it cheesing. It's more of finding a scheme to throw the defense off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 08:08

Quote :
I usually run everything out of the near formation and dont find it cheesing. It's more of finding a scheme to throw the defense off.

thats how i see it but i know and can see where people would find it kinda cheap and cheesing a little bit but if ya cant stop it then theres nothing wrong with accepting the fact that maybe just maybe someone else might be better at madden than you. lol people choose PHI, NO, or NE, playbooks and sit in shotgun all day so i dont see how sitting in a certain formation is all that much different.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 11:48

if you sit in shotgun all day!! that's cheesing!!!! i don't care what you say about tom brady. he's under center 46% of the time..i look. but on line player's stay in shotgun like they can't be touch..lololo.that's cheesing.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 12:18

if there in shotgun all day and they can be touched..... maybe you should try to get some pressure on the qb and dont drop back every one in coverage like i garentee you do and half of madden players do
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 13:14

Not cheesing, should not be too hard to figure out on D though.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 14:11

maybe you need to stop working in the gym .and work on your brain,because that's the muscle you need working saying that stupid sh!t. to me. i don't drop everybody in coverage i know how to get a pass rush going all game, and if you know everything give me the powerball number's then!!!! or shut the fuk up.
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 15:51

if u have really good schemes, y stop running em if ppl cant stop it??? i could understand 1 play, but a scheme is a whole different thing.. thats understandable..
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 15:57

ACtually it makes it easier for the D because you will figure out all the plays soon enough.

And for the guy who said staying in shotgun all game is cheesing, You are either terrible on defense or no wait that's it.

I'd love to face people who sit in shotgun all day.
Back to top Go down
instantclassic91
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 16:09

naw i dont find anything wrong with staying in one formation the whole time...i would do this if i find that the D has a tough time with it ...buliding schemes formations is good stuff
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 18:50

I don't care how you run your offense. I just play the game and let things work themselves out. Its kinda boring when people do the same things on O but you have to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 20:03

Running out of one formation the whole game is not cheesing at all. Not even close. The good players usually only use 4-5 formations anyway with multiple schemes set around plays in those formations which will have an answer to what the defense has in store. I would love to find that one formation, a formation with all my audibles set within it. Go to the LOS with one to three different plays, and read the defense, call play accordingly. You don't have to use every play in your playbook, you don't have to use every formation in your playbook, the key is to find a handful of formations and build schemes. If it is only one formation, thats even better.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 20:35

A wide variety of formations is a good gameplan to start the game. It keeps the opponent guessing on what'll come out next. The problem is, after a while, he/she's going to figure out which plays you use with which formations. That is the LAST thing you want; a predictable offense.

The purpose of using few formations with many plays in each is to force your opponent in respecting every possible option. On the other hand, having few formations is great because it means you'll work a lot with each one you use. You'll know them inside out and you'll know what to call in what situation.

I would also like to point out a NFL team that barely changes formations; Indianapolis. When I watch a Colts' game, I'm amazed at how well their scheme works. The first thing that comes to my mind is "wow, are they always in Gun Doubles/SB Doubles?". That's a reason why their offense works so well, the defense can't guess what's going to come out. You have to do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
WestFo3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
WestFo3

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-26, 21:49

I use 2 formations most of the game. Got a good 6 plays for each one though and then I got a few good plays in shotgun that i'll add in if I need a change.
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-29, 04:21

Running all of your plays from the same formation can be a good strategy.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-29, 08:24

I just got back from a tournament with squeeze, nephew, dynasty, etc. Tons of anaheim competitors. One guy stayed in flip trips about 90% of the time. One guy stayed in shotgun tight about the whole game. The top tournament players use about 1-3 formations (excluding goaline) Its not cheesing, it's a scheme.
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-30, 17:39

the only thing i consider cheesing is, scrambling off to the sidelines with vick/young and inching up to the LOS so players bite on the fact you might run the ball for 8+ yards and then chunk it off to the sidelines or the guy that bit
Back to top Go down
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-30, 20:08

RealSpitNoDrool wrote:
the only thing i consider cheesing is, scrambling off to the sidelines with vick/young and inching up to the LOS so players bite on the fact you might run the ball for 8+ yards and then chunk it off to the sidelines or the guy that bit

yes i consider this cheesing too they stretch your zones by rolling out it gets really anoying im deffinetly a pocket passer i use tenesee and philly and i rarely scramble not intentionaly at least ill try to get the ball down the field before i take of and run with it i dont ever really rollout i will every now and again though. i use probably 2 formations total i used to use a ton but found it was just easier for me to use less and focus on the plays in those formations.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-11-30, 23:29

so much swag wrote:
if you sit in shotgun all day!! that's cheesing!!!! i don't care what you say about tom brady. he's under center 46% of the time..i look. but on line player's stay in shotgun like they can't be touch..lololo.that's cheesing.

So let's get this straight.

Nanoing is not cheesing, but using the shotgun is cheesing.

I'm not going to complain about either, because it's part of the culture. You probably just hate the shotgun because your blitzes don't get to the QB, and it frustrates you.

Plenty of teams on different levels of football stay in the shotgun most of the game. I went to the Universty of Florida. My Gators are in the shotgun 99 percent of the time. I realize that's not the NFL, but my point is...it's not that ridiculous.

The funny thing is, I don't even know why I'm defending this. I prefer the I formation, and only go to the shotgun when I need to. 70 percent of my plays are run under center.

But I don't have a problem with someone going out of the shotgun all day, because it makes them one dimensional. No one is running for chunks of yardage out of the gun. There aren't enough good running plays in shotgun formations to make a formidable rushing attack.

I always pray that my opponents run a primarily shotgun based offense. It makes them easier to shutdown.

When your opponent is running with 2 backs, 2 receivers, and a TE all game, that keeps you guessing a lot more.

Last edited by AshBlackstone on 2009-12-01, 02:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-12-01, 00:01

same formations = good scheming

i dont think any team in football dont switch up dere formation every rip thats just to much work
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-12-01, 02:55

wow!!! ash i'm on your mind and for what?? get a girl,so what i said staying in shotgun is cheesing,my blitz'es can get to any qb in any formation. it's my oppinion. you dont gota like it! bottom line i can give a f*ck how you feel..take the tong's out of your a$$.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-12-01, 02:58

so much swag wrote:
wow!!! ash i'm on your mind and for what?? get a girl,so what i said staying in shotgun is cheesing,my blitz'es can get to any qb in any formation. it's my oppinion. you dont gota like it! bottom line i can give a f*ck how you feel..take the tong's out of your a$$.

In other words, anything that you can't stop is cheesing. Got it. That's all you had to say.
Back to top Go down
WestFo3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
WestFo3

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-12-01, 02:59

AshBlackstone wrote:
so much swag wrote:

In other words, anything that you can't stop is cheesing. Got it. That's all you had to say.

using same formations= cheesing??? 296962
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-12-01, 03:03

he hurt's my head,...goto bed ash!
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty2009-12-01, 13:47

RealSpitNoDrool wrote:

I sometimes do this when a play breaks down and they are not containing me, but someone who uses this as an actual part of their gameplan should be easy to sack/intercept. I love when people use Vick or Pat White against me. I use Young's speed as an asset rather than gameplanning around it a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: using same formations= cheesing???   using same formations= cheesing??? Empty

Back to top Go down

using same formations= cheesing???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next