Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

defending against the dreaded HB toss!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-29

defending against the dreaded HB toss! Empty
PostSubject: defending against the dreaded HB toss!   defending against the dreaded HB toss! Empty2009-11-26, 07:04

hey guys i was going through all the threads here and saw alot of people have trouble with the toss so i was wondering what ya'll do? for a while i tried DE contains and CB heat but found i got burned almost everytime. when i would face the toss it would be like two TE's to one side and the fullback set to the strong side as well and with those pulling guards it was a problem for so long and at times it still can be but i found a few plays that work for me and i havent had too much trouble since. lol im not gonna be one to ask for everyones input and information without posting my own. so here it is...

playbook: any PB with the 46 normal (the 46 PB works best though)

play: cover 2 or 3 depending on what coverage you want.

step 1: spread line.

step 2: crash your D-lines blitz angles outward as well.

step 3: show blitz to bring more guys in the box.

step 4: user your saftey and try to make a play.

play description: the widening and change of your d-lines blitz angles gets them moving to the outside to defend the toss, showing blizt brings more guys in the box to help your d-line out, and you usering your saftey allows you to cut him off and turn things back inside where your guys are if he gets outside. if you are going to user the saftey be aware of the fact that if you try n jump the toss n he breaks a tackle its gonna be six, you gotta remember that your the last line of defense you gotta act like a safe release, flow with the toss and make a tackle IF he gets outside or take and outside angle and try to force him back inside to your guys.

Playbook: 46

formation: 46 normal

play: zone stretch

step 1: spread d-line

step 2: spread your backers

step 3: optional call bNr or show blitz (i just leave it alone)

step 4: user the saftey

play description: what do you do when your opponent catches on to the fact that you keep spreading your d-line when he comes out in run heavy sets? well if he's good he'll try and run it up inside away from your d-lines blitz angles and at the weakest point of the d-line. this play helps stop the toss and the run up the middle beacuse your DT's are blitzed straight down but your ends are blitzed out and spreading your line will help with the toss without giving up the the middle completely. i like this play particularly beacuse i mix it in with 46bear cover 3 and my saftey that i controll patrolls the deep middle of the field where as the cover two i only gots two deep i personaly feel better with three deep.

sidenote: i would only use these on plays you know will be a toss or if he's been running toss all game i dont recomend using this as a base defense or anything youll get toasted if you do i use this for tosses only.

let me know what yall think, how it works for ya and if you got any suggestions or plays post them it would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance guys! defending against the dreaded HB toss! 993453
Back to top Go down

defending against the dreaded HB toss!
Page 1 of 1