Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jdgreger
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie   Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie Empty2009-10-21, 20:17

I usually play with the Ravens. Just need a few basic formations that are usually successful against the computer.

-What's a good solid run play
-What's a good solid pass play for a short gain.
-What's a good solid pass play for a medium gain.
-What's a good solid pass play for a large gain.

I would prefer to be in shotgun since I suck in the pocket.
Back to top Go down
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie   Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie Empty2009-10-23, 09:08

when you play the comp, just 'ask madden'. theres also this cool mode called PRACTICE that actually allows you to PRACTICE your plays... oh yea, i failed to mention PRACTICE!
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie   Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie Empty2009-10-23, 09:55

A real good offensive Shotgun set against the CPU is Gun Split Slot in the AZ playbook. It is in other PB's but I chose this for you because there are a lot of writeups here on it.

The base play I use out of it is the 689 hook, I would sub Heap in at fullback. A simple read is just watch the halfback go through the line, if they b litz he is wide open quickly, if not hit the TE in the flat.

This is also a good play for reading the defense. There is a writeup around here on reading d's but basically just put your slot reciever in motion to the other side. If someone follows him all the way they are in man, if not zone.

Here is what you want to do. Motion the slot, read the defense, audible to there weak spots. I audible a lot of outside and inside slants to the slot reciever. I also might audible a streak to the slot and a inside slant to the outside WR. The slot pulls coverage away so the slant opens up depending on the defensive read. Since I use the slot so much I usually put my best reciever in the 3 spot on the depth chart so he is in the slot.

Here are a few other plays out of the same formation that are effective.

Flat Combo
Slants
Slot Cross

I don't really use shotgun formations for running. I have a whole goalline formation scheme worked out for running. Basically it is Iso, Power O, and strong toss.

Good luck
CapnCrunch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie   Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Good offensive plays against CPU for a newbie
Page 1 of 1