Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

West Coast Playbook.

Go down 
+84
jBoo
GODHORNET17
I OWn You
jets4lif3
doozie821
Skane3
pirates9
sayin608
mikeferguson
aj_fitness1212
Th3 Ac3r
sliqnes
BdaROCK
rokket
slim203
Elite
Dejay5
Ruthless_Brothaz
IRISHFBFAN1
Adrian Beeferson
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
BroadwaE
wayne_is_here
dmtnt
G12KG
terlab04
Kinger
Green 1975
ontilt05
*34DoubleTrouble28*
lilkennyg
floatin
ineedhelp25
raptors505
John R
dillon123
mw344
WAR
stinky_night_gown
MendozaAthlete
Killadav
dipset963
VontaeD24
rluvdadon13
halljam
Jae Heat
Emerald
andy_mossberg
elemental475
macdaddy
Handsx6
W A V Y D R E
SoNofGOD85
ryanfree36
62YSailUnion
so much swag
dracocepheus
deviation63
panthersfreak89
hoshdude7
roryaiks92
DanieI
Hawksown14
mike111
homan 3
sowskillz
a-town_raidah
dUPxBTefft23
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX
DaTBa1LHaWK
xXMRxVaDeRXx
headhunter540
WildPat305
Devo
jsmall28
tuki94
Militant X 1
xxkareem1xx
Fodder007
David noooooooo
TheDon270
firecracker3
cushy23
ElishaManning
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
hoshdude7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-26

West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-02, 19:08

I shouldn't come in here saying it sucks without explaining myself

I hate it because they took out all my favorite plays
Back to top Go down
panthersfreak89
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-02, 19:52

I started labbing West Coast yesterday and I noticed those 3 AMAZING plays aout of Snugs Flip right away and Far Tight Twins is SICK!!!
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-02, 22:24

the only solid running play i have in this pb is the Quick Toss out of the Far Tight Twins. anybody got any other good running plays?
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-02, 22:36

hey guys...i just started a post called bring your west coast plays here.......go there and check it out.....people who have plays on the west coast playbook will post the info under the new thread i created.... hopefully this can help everybody who uses the west coast playbook.
Back to top Go down
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX
New MS Member
New MS Member
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-02, 22:39

i think west coast is a great book... im just need feeling it, its not my style, but i can see why alot of people use it.. i may lab with it and find the plays i like because PITT has a decent book... but i like switchin my playbooks up
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-02, 22:49

only problem i have with this playbook i can pass all day but i cannot run for nothin.
Back to top Go down
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX
New MS Member
New MS Member
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-02, 22:51

same here sowskillz, i cant run for beans at all, i rely heavily on my pass game... so i need a book with passing
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-02, 22:54

only good run play that works consistently for me is singleback twin te toss and thats even not really a money play but if you got a fast back you can break a couple big gains. i use the vikes so this PB isn't on my top anyone have any recommendations on a good PB for tha vikes?
Back to top Go down
deviation63
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-15, 16:48

Are there any other good running plays out of this? I use the packers and Ryan Grant gets shut down everytime. On the other side though, the passing is unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
a-town_raidah
New MS Member
New MS Member
a-town_raidah

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-15, 17:27

You guys need some tips on how to run! I use the raiders and destroy with the quick toss all the time! Plus if you use the scheme ElishaManning put out in another thread you can confuse players thru use up the gut or pass audibles out of the same formation.
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-17, 23:33

Been watching this thread for a few days and everyone saying how much they now and talking crap, at post some plays guys or show some videos. I just started labing this book with the Cowboys and looks good just like to see what everyone else is up to with it.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-17, 23:54

westcost ...and seattle..pbook..is the sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you can't scheme..out of this p.book than you should put down the stix..... West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 128849 f*ck run n gun....f*ck N.E.pbook .......if you love to score.....west cost..seattle....nuff said..... West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 13645
Back to top Go down
62YSailUnion
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
62YSailUnion

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-18, 17:56

i got one nice play that you will get at least 10 yards or more if you read the defense.

Formation: Gun Bunch Wk

Play: PA Slot Post

Houte Route:

X to an inside slant
B to an outside slant
Y to an slant to the left

THIS IS 360 BUTTONS

Reads:

1. Flat route by LB
2. Slant by B
3. Slant by X
4. Slant by Y
5. Post by A
Back to top Go down
ryanfree36
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-20, 21:41

Don and E manning both of you guys have done an absolutely terrific job with the posts and help with the west coast. I look forward to seeing your breakdowns on youtube ready to learn all I can to get better
Back to top Go down
SoNofGOD85
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-21, 01:13

I just started using this my last 5 games and i dont have a good strategy yet but i get early leads and just keep it through out games. it has a lot of great plays but i feel its easy to read? maybe i need help with it though lol
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-21, 02:07

62YSailUnion wrote:
i got one nice play that you will get at least 10 yards or more if you read the defense.

Formation: Gun Bunch Wk

Play: PA Slot Post

Houte Route:

X to an inside slant
B to an outside slant
Y to an slant to the left

THIS IS 360 BUTTONS

Reads:

1. Flat route by LB
2. Slant by B
3. Slant by X
4. Slant by Y
5. Post by A

i dont like that setup

ill leave the b route .. cuz is money vs man or zone

X to a fade

Hb to a slant in towards the bunch ... money vs man
Back to top Go down
Handsx6
New MS Member
New MS Member
Handsx6

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-21, 20:30

Tight doubles motion LB to left quickly snap and quickly throw

then when the catch on do the toss and still motion LB

a little 2 play scheme =]
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcontrollers.com
macdaddy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 14:50

Gun Bunch Wk has a lot of good plays out of it.

Verticals (used this a lot in 09)
Slant A inside
Drag LB (if against man)
Motion B to the right, snap before he sets

The fade route by B isnt covered by a lot of Zone coverages. Against C2, wait for him to clear the CB, then bullet a pass to him between the CB/SS and pick up a big chunk of yardage.

A over the middle on the slant will be open against most coverages
The running back going across the field on the drag will do great against man. against Zone, the delayed route is an easy dump off.

Z Spot
Great Play as is

Against Man and some zones, you can hit X if he has inside position for 10-15 yards.
B is open against most zones and you can use it like an option route, waiting for the curl, or hitting him in stride before while he is still slanting
Against other coverages the Corner route and/or the TE on the flat route will be open.

Depending on coverages, its either a 5 yard gainer, or a 10-15 yard gainer.

Stick
Good short yardage play as is.
You can hit X on the slant if he gets inside position
A on the curl is money against zones
The flat and corner are good against the right coverages.

Mesh
two ways to run this play
1. leave as is (optional block the HB, or slant HB out)
You have the dual drag crossing routes which beat man, plus the corner/flat combo on the right side to beat zone

2. hot route A to a streak. (optional block HB or slant HB out)
This gives you a streak, corner, flat combo on the right for zone busting and X coming over on the drag for cleanup.

Gun Doubles - Slants
Hot route B to a drag
hot route Y to a slant out, smart route
90% of the time Y will be wide open for a 10-15 yard gainer.

This play works ESPECIALLY well when mixed in with HB Angle. After a few HB angles, your opponent over commits to the inside angle by the HB, and instead he slants out and you hit him for a big gainer.

I am going to convert to west coast because it has some of my favorite gun plays (Gun Bunch Wk, Gun Split Slot, Gun Doubles, Gun Snugs flip) while having some decent under center formations (like Far Tight Twins and Singleback Ace Twins).

I just wish I could figure out how to use the Near Pro, Far Pro or Weak Flex Twins, but I just don't see it.
Back to top Go down
elemental475
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 15:58

From my recollection the W. coast playbook did not have any WR screens. Is this correct or am I mistaken?
Back to top Go down
homan 3
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 18:33

far tight twins
sg tight
sg bunch
sg split

all you need from this pb
Back to top Go down
andy_mossberg
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 21:19

My record is 30-15 level 7 it was it was 20-14 before i started using the west coast playbook. west coast definately the best pb in madden this year.
Back to top Go down
homan 3
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-23, 03:22

if you come out in far tight twins.. run the dive the toss little play action.. Set your audibles and use them accordingly your good to go
Back to top Go down
Emerald
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-23, 03:52

yea this pb is good. i kill most defenses with the far formation and the quick toss
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-23, 08:41

elemental475 wrote:
From my recollection the W. coast playbook did not have any WR screens. Is this correct or am I mistaken?

Gun Doubles has Flanker Screen
Gun Empty Trey has WR Screen
Back to top Go down
Jae Heat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-23, 09:05

Singleback tight formation is also money. Run the sweep successfully a few times. Next time they see u come out they will commit to it. U hit em with the PA!! If u got fast Wr's usually one of em will get open on the cross. If not dump it off to the TE on the delayed route for an easy first down in most cases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

West Coast Playbook.
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next