Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

West Coast Playbook.

Go down 
+84
jBoo
GODHORNET17
I OWn You
jets4lif3
doozie821
Skane3
pirates9
sayin608
mikeferguson
aj_fitness1212
Th3 Ac3r
sliqnes
BdaROCK
rokket
slim203
Elite
Dejay5
Ruthless_Brothaz
IRISHFBFAN1
Adrian Beeferson
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
BroadwaE
wayne_is_here
dmtnt
G12KG
terlab04
Kinger
Green 1975
ontilt05
*34DoubleTrouble28*
lilkennyg
floatin
ineedhelp25
raptors505
John R
dillon123
mw344
WAR
stinky_night_gown
MendozaAthlete
Killadav
dipset963
VontaeD24
rluvdadon13
halljam
Jae Heat
Emerald
andy_mossberg
elemental475
macdaddy
Handsx6
W A V Y D R E
SoNofGOD85
ryanfree36
62YSailUnion
so much swag
dracocepheus
deviation63
panthersfreak89
hoshdude7
roryaiks92
DanieI
Hawksown14
mike111
homan 3
sowskillz
a-town_raidah
dUPxBTefft23
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX
DaTBa1LHaWK
xXMRxVaDeRXx
headhunter540
WildPat305
Devo
jsmall28
tuki94
Militant X 1
xxkareem1xx
Fodder007
David noooooooo
TheDon270
firecracker3
cushy23
ElishaManning
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-09-28, 12:32

if they're in man and im in far twins tight, i sometimes audible my rb to a drag route to the right side. with a speedy back, the lb cant keep up
Back to top Go down
a-town_raidah
New MS Member
New MS Member
a-town_raidah

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-09-28, 15:09

i will usually do a slant with DMC but i guess the drag would work just as well if not better since my RB and TE will sometimes get in each others way.
Back to top Go down
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-09-28, 16:12

yea, and since the slant route is delayed somewhat, the drag is much much better
Back to top Go down
rluvdadon13
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-09-30, 19:12

the hb slant isn't neccessarily delayed you motion the hb and quick snap the ball the hb will sprint out from the backfield
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-09-30, 20:01

rluvdadon13 wrote:
the hb slant isn't neccessarily delayed you motion the hb and quick snap the ball the hb will sprint out from the backfield
i thought that only works when your using shotgun plays?
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-09-30, 21:45

give this play a shot, tell me what you all think. I usually get 10 to 15 out of it with J. Witten

Gun: Empty Trey - WR Screen

1. Put A in slant right
2. Throw to A "TE" or B "WR"
Back to top Go down
WAR
New MS Member
New MS Member
WAR

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-05, 02:32

put it like this if god had to choose a play-book it would be the west coast play book. Bill Walsh was the creator if not creator/ co inverter of this play book and with it the 49ers won super-bowls with it.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-05, 09:00

rluvdadon13 wrote:

The drag has become my go to "Dump off" rout because of that delay (which is dumb). The drag work brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
dillon123
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-06, 09:44

ya i just started using it and i was wondering if u guys new some money plays i really need one thxs
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-06, 13:03

Far Tight Twins is probably maxed out on this thread, but there are lots of good plays in Gun Doubles, Gun Split Slot, Gun Snugs, and Gun Bunch Wk. You can find plays for those formations all over this board.
Back to top Go down
John R
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-06, 13:52

I've been reading the hype on this pb and will experiment with it tonight and for the next week or so to see what it is all about. I will be using it with the NYgiants... any advice or downfalls for using this Wcoast pb with the Giants?

thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-06, 13:59

i had really good success with this pb the last game i played. i won 56-0 cuz the guy ended up quiting after 21-0 in the first. it is a really good pb and i actually like to run with this pb. i was using the colts and with addai and brown in the near and far formations is very deadly. my fav pb by far
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-06, 21:54

raptor..that's what i do with them too....good post...swag out... West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 649595 west cost..p.book you can ball with almost any one with this book....holla.
Back to top Go down
Killadav
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-09, 01:53

Most People say this playbook is getting old? I suggest not I found a couple more good play in this playbook, and it is still awesome.
Back to top Go down
ineedhelp25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-11, 13:56

yeah man i need help on how to run an offense from downs and how to read the defense
Back to top Go down
floatin
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-14, 02:01

I need help as well in regards to offense and how to beat zone 2 and 3

thx
Back to top Go down
lilkennyg
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-14, 02:11

cover 2 bring ya safetys in
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-14, 13:15

Beating Zone Coverage:
Cover 2 is pretty easy to beat.

If you are in a formation like Gun Snugs or Gun Bunch Wk, streak the slot receiver. You can then pass lead inside to him for a big gainer. This doesn't work against Cover2 Buc, because the MLB plays a deep middle zone. Against that you need a streak and a slant in following behind.

Cover 3 is easy to beat with some good route combos. A Streak, Corner, Flat combo on one side of the field will eat it up. Hell, it will eat up almost any Zone. You just have to make the right read and hit the open guy. (i.e. be Tom Brady circa 2007).

Cover 4 leaves the Flats or corner routes open. Cover 3 leaves the corner routes or deep middle open. Cover 2 leaves a good portion of the middle open. Cover 2 Sink leaves the flats and corners. Man-2-Man is corners, drags, outs, ins. Sometimes you need two such routes against man because a good corner can shut down the WR running one of these routes, but it almost never happens to two WR's on the same play.

Reading D:
Reading the D is easy or hard depending on your formation. An easy trick is to have Gun Snugs Mesh in your audibles. Come out in your play, audible to Gun Snugs Mesh, if the DBs turn and run with your WR's they are in man, if they slide, they are in zone. Then reset the play back to your original or audible into something good for man/zone. This only takes a few seconds and is easier and quicker then motioning a man. If you come out in a formation like Gun Snugs, then if the DB's line up on your WR's, they are man. If they line up outside, they are zone.

Once you know man/zone, thats about all you can get pre-snap (though some people are able to read C2/3/4 presnap, I find it hard to do if someone does a show blitz or runs a 46 Defense, plus some c3 zones have purples and some don't so you still have to make the post snap reads).

If they are in zone, you want to look at the safeties. If they drop back and split apart it is some variation of C2(C2, C2 synch, Tampa 2). If the safeties rotate (ie one drops towards the sidelines and the other moves towards the middle), then it is some variation of a C3. If the safeties drop straight back, it is either C4 or a C2 with the safeties pinched. So you have to peek at the CB's. If they are both dropping straight back its C4.

Personally, I just look at the safeties after the snap and then go through my reads. If its C3, I know I am looking to the middle or a corner. If its C2/c4 then I am looking to the seem over the middle then corners and flats. Blitzes shift me to hot reads, depending on where the blitz is coming from (i.e. A Gap blitzes, I look to the middle or flats, most nano's do a poor job of flat coverage).
Back to top Go down
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-14, 21:07

5 and 0 with this book.
not sure if this has been posted but...

gun spread: flanker dig
Hot route both recievers on the right to streaks.
Hot route left slot reciever to an in route
Smart route the post
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-14, 22:34

*34DoubleTrouble28* wrote:
5 and 0 with this book.

Smart route the post
yeah i posted that lol
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-14, 22:36

macdaddy wrote:
Beating Zone Coverage:
Cover 2 is pretty easy to beat.

If you are in a formation like Gun Snugs or Gun Bunch Wk, streak the slot receiver. You can then pass lead inside to him for a big gainer. This doesn't work against Cover2 Buc, because the MLB plays a deep middle zone. Against that you need a streak and a slant in following behind.

Cover 3 is easy to beat with some good route combos. A Streak, Corner, Flat combo on one side of the field will eat it up. Hell, it will eat up almost any Zone. You just have to make the right read and hit the open guy. (i.e. be Tom Brady circa 2007).

Cover 4 leaves the Flats or corner routes open. Cover 3 leaves the corner routes or deep middle open. Cover 2 leaves a good portion of the middle open. Cover 2 Sink leaves the flats and corners. Man-2-Man is corners, drags, outs, ins. Sometimes you need two such routes against man because a good corner can shut down the WR running one of these routes, but it almost never happens to two WR's on the same play.

Reading D:
Reading the D is easy or hard depending on your formation. An easy trick is to have Gun Snugs Mesh in your audibles. Come out in your play, audible to Gun Snugs Mesh, if the DBs turn and run with your WR's they are in man, if they slide, they are in zone. Then reset the play back to your original or audible into something good for man/zone. This only takes a few seconds and is easier and quicker then motioning a man. If you come out in a formation like Gun Snugs, then if the DB's line up on your WR's, they are man. If they line up outside, they are zone.

Once you know man/zone, thats about all you can get pre-snap (though some people are able to read C2/3/4 presnap, I find it hard to do if someone does a show blitz or runs a 46 Defense, plus some c3 zones have purples and some don't so you still have to make the post snap reads).

If they are in zone, you want to look at the safeties. If they drop back and split apart it is some variation of C2(C2, C2 synch, Tampa 2). If the safeties rotate (ie one drops towards the sidelines and the other moves towards the middle), then it is some variation of a C3. If the safeties drop straight back, it is either C4 or a C2 with the safeties pinched. So you have to peek at the CB's. If they are both dropping straight back its C4.

Personally, I just look at the safeties after the snap and then go through my reads. If its C3, I know I am looking to the middle or a corner. If its C2/c4 then I am looking to the seem over the middle then corners and flats. Blitzes shift me to hot reads, depending on where the blitz is coming from (i.e. A Gap blitzes, I look to the middle or flats, most nano's do a poor job of flat coverage).
if you read defenses after the snap, what do you do if you dont have a route in the play your running that beats lets say cover 3? do you just use plays that have routes that beat all 4 coverages?
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-15, 11:28

I have in my audibles a man beater, a bump n run beater, a run play and a zone beater. You can beat zone of any kind with combo routes. i.e. you flood a zone with more receivers then there are defenders.

A good example is the streak, corner, flat combo. I will run this out of a bunch formation like Gun Bunch Wk. Against C2, and some C3/4 the streak is open. Against most C3 and some C2, the corner is open. Against most C4 and some others, the Flat is open. Blue routes are also great against any Zone. Shot gun draws up the middle with the line pinched are great against Zone D's.

The important thing is to know Zone vs Man pre-snap. Then get into a play that will work against that type of base coverage.
Back to top Go down
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-15, 17:35

roryaiks92 wrote:
*34DoubleTrouble28* wrote:
5 and 0 with this book.

Smart route the post
yeah i posted that lol

lol sorry man, i like the in route, if im getting alot of man coverage or Nanos ill jus tput the left slot reciever on a slant.
Back to top Go down
ontilt05
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-17, 11:31

maybe this has been posted but ..

more than hot routes and audibles my big thing is motion to create new formations ... from Singleback Doubles you can use 2 different motions 1 makes the Bunch te set and another makes a form similar to the weak I tight twins set that i believe is in the Sea book but not west coast

If you motion the single wr across to the doubles side you have bunch te formation

If you motion the te across then you have a form of weak I tight twins

try these plays:

Motion single wr across and then

- hb pitch - vs zone gives you an extra blocker to that side, vs a man d flip the play and run it to the open side

- pa rollout - gives you slants and posts at 3 different levels no matter what coverage is called one of the 3 will be open

- hb sprint - same concept as pitch if its man and cb follows wr flip play and run to empty side if its zone leave play as is

- slot corner - this time hot route the single wr to fly then motion him across, hot route the te to block so you have a max protect and then slide protection to your bunch side, use a short qb roll out but dont roll out past your tackle and the slot corner should be open vs any coverage, if not like a cover 4 with the curl flat zones the flat should be open

motion the te across (play around with te motion some plays wont let him) then:

- hb pitch
- hb sprint

both runs should work well, i find running so easy out of the west coast book

also a play that was already posted but i find works pretty well

-curl flat - hr the twin wrs to hooks - i find if you smart route them when you have 10 or more yards to go it works better, then hit the hb on his flat route and te becomes a lead blocker almost like a sweep play, or you can hit the te on his hook against most zones, the twinn hooks are really clearing routes i have rarely ever thrown to them ... and if nothing is open if you have a stud #1 wr 1 on 1 deep the wr post you can take a shot on ... if they called a d that has the flat and te covered the deep coverage must be weaker

normally I dont share much but ive learned alot on this thread so i thought id try and give back, and maybe get some people to post some shifting ideas with the motions you can use ... maybe there are great bunch te plays and weak i plays in other books we can make using motions in west coast playbook
Back to top Go down
Green 1975
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty2009-10-22, 10:09

Play book: a book of plays that a team runs with. a team that runs alot is going to have a playbook that caters to that strength. and vice vers with a team that has a great set of wideouts. there is alot to learn in madden. it takes time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West Coast Playbook.   West Coast Playbook. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

West Coast Playbook.
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next