Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

MLB Predictions?

Go down 
+18
dUPxBTefft23
xMattex
Crunk
Chainz
jsmall28
VontaeD24
Big Hungry 702
MADDEN10GAMER
Wheels7
joeydee14
R Dawg
Ketcham While They're Hot
beeman999
Devo
xXBlackiceXx
BOSTN BEANER
Baseballa
dar3alslimshady7
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
dar3alslimshady7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-15

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-13, 14:15

So with just over a month left to play in the MLB season, let's hear everyones predictions for the Division and Wildcard winners.

AL
East - Yanks: Think the past series with the BoSox pretty much summed up they are the best team in this division.

Central - Close race here, I think the Chi Sox are gonna pull it out though.

West - LA Angels - Was suppost to be the year the Angels fell off. Didn't happen. Texas should win the division the next couple years though.

Wildcard - I'm taking the BoSox. I just don't see how they could miss the playoffs, and Texas' young team and inexperience hurts them down the race.

NL

East - The Phils - Defending Champs, theres only two teams in the NL I could see beating them in a 5 or 7 game series.. The Giants and Braves, simply because of the starting pitching these two teams have.

Central - Albert Pujols and his Cards. I'm expecting them to really pull away from this race soon.

West - No question here, the Dodgers got the division on lockdown.

Wildcard - This was a tough decision for me, but I'm going with Atlanta. They are playing really good ball right now and that rotation is just scary. I could definitely see them representing the NL in the WS if they can make the playoffs. How would you like to face Lowe-Jurrjens-Vazquez-Hanson in a 5 or 7 game series? TOUGH!
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-13, 22:21

wildcard- Texas - they might be young but they got great arms coming out of the bullpen, great power lineup. All we need is for the back 3 starters to buck up and pitch well and we will have it..
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-13, 23:05

Alright.. AL

East- yankees. They are on absolutefire right now and unless they fell off like before arod came back from injury they got it locked up.

Central- I keep bouncing back and forth on this. Right now I'm taking the chi sox. No one in this division is playing well right now but ill take the sox cuz their experience and pitching.

West- Angels. As long as they don't choke its their division to take.

Wildcard-this one is tough too. I am taking the red sox of cource because I just can't see this pitching staff not making it to the playoffs. Lester and beckett are legit #1 starters, wakefield has been real good this year , when he comes back he will be #3 and clay buchholz has had 23 brilliant starts in a rowwith only one win cuz lack of offence. Surprise pick if its not the sox, tampa bay rays.

NL

East- phillies. With that pitching staff and all the experience they won't collapse even though atlanta is on a tear right now. Phillies are not the mets, they will hold on.

Central- cubs. Yes they are 4 back and lost 4 straight but I jus have a feeling they will take their final two series against st louis and the cubs have more home games left then road games while the cards have more away games left and are only about .500 on the road.

West- dodgers. Nuff said.

Wildcard- atlanta. They may be the hottest team in the mlb. Only 3 games back of colorado right now. All the youngsters on offence are coming together at the right time and their pitchers aren't flashy but are very very good.

AL playoffs

Yanks over whitesox
Redsox over angels
Redsox over yanks in another classic 7 game ALCS

NL playoffs

Atlanta over dodgers
Phillies over cubs
Phillies over atlanta (gona be a great NLCS)

World Series

Redsox over phillies in 6 or 7 games. I think the red sox rotation is better at the 3 and 4 spots and pitching wins championships! If my surprise team TB beats the sox out for the wildcard just sub in TB everywhere I have the sox. TB will win it all if they get in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-13, 23:17

I dnt knw much about baseball but I've actually being paying attention cause I'm bored since no basketball n football but I knw dem yakees r kicking sum serious ***. They owned the boston redsox. I think the white sox will win their division but could fizzle out in the playoffs cubs n white sox have a habit of doing dat
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-13, 23:21

Yankees are doing good but i got feeling they will drop when the playoffs come.. always do.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-13, 23:36

Whitesox shouldntbe mentioned in fizzling out they won a WS in 05 cubs haven't won in 101 years so keep them in a category of their own.. I don't think the yanks will "fizzle" oute I think either the red sox or TB will flat out beat them. Pitching wins and I think the sox and rays have better starting pitching then the yanks.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-14, 00:01

AL East-the yankees are playin way too good right now and i dont see em being beat.

AL Central-I think i said the white sox in an earlier thread and im sticking by that. they got some decent pitchin and if peavy comes back as good as he was theyll be that much better.

AL West-the angels are the team to beat and i dont see the rangers catchin up to them.

Wildcard-my hate for the red sox really makes me not want to pick them to make the playoffs but i dont see them not makin the playoffs. they always find a way to claw into the playoffs and they always make some noise once they get their.

NL West-Dodgers by a longshot best team in baseball all year.right behind the phillies as best team in NL

NL Central-the cards got this one too easily i dont see the astros as a threat

NL East-Phillies will take this to they're my fav to win the world series their lineup 1-9 is beast and their rotation will be dominant in the playoffs
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-14, 00:14

no love for the twins?
al
east i take yankees
west: angels
central: i truly think my twins will pull it outta there asses an win it
wildcard: bosox
nl
west: dodgers
central:brewers
east phillies
wildcars: giants best pitchers in the game
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-14, 00:24

Brewers? 7.5 back in the division.. I think not! Giants have pitchers that used to be the best.. Lincecum is the best right now but other then that the giants have no consistency pitching..
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-14, 00:27

damn i forgot about the wild card which is a real tough one to call the giants got lincecum and cain but thats pretty much it and i dont see the rest of those pitchers makin much a difference down the stretch and thats really all they got their offense isnt too good. and i dunno where the **** the rockies came from either so i cant take them. so imma go wit beaner and take the braves theyre a real young team so i dont see em goin far but i think theyll take the wildcard
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-14, 01:31

Damnnnn brewers that far back? Well gotta have faith and giants freddie Kung foo panda sandaval he is a man beast!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-14, 14:02

Brewers are done.. Unless they have just a flat out have a big run down the stretch and everyone else in the division collaspes completely
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-14, 15:34

AL East--Yankees
AL Central--Tigers
AL West--Angels
AL Wild Card--Red Sox

NL East--Phillies
NL Central--Cardinals
NL West--Dodgers
NL Wild Card--Rockies
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-15, 12:32

AL east- Yankees
AL central- Tigers
AL west- Angels
AL wildcard- Rangers

NL east- Phillies
NL central- Cards
NL west- Dodgers
NL wildcard- Giants
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-16, 00:37

Rangers picked up a BIG win tonight against the sox tonight. We ran all day oin Penny. Hopefully we can come up with another crafty win tomorow to go into the wildcard lead.
Back to top Go down
R Dawg
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-15

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-16, 14:20

AL

East-NYY- they got a good lead and are hot i dont think they are gonna b slowing down anytime soon

Central-DET-i think at the moment they have a better bullpen...but when jake peavy comes back CHI will have a stronger one but i dont think he will b able to help in time

WEST-ANGELS-like everyone else said their the team to beat in that division and i dont see them losing their lead

Wildcard-BOS-With their talent i think in the long run they have what it takes to beat out TEX for the wildcard spot

NL

East-PHI-after picking up Lee their bullpen will b amazing and with the lead they already have and their line up thier gonna make it

West-LAD-dodgers have one of the most solid lineups in baseball today and good bullpen i think that they are gonna go far

Central-STL-STL has been great this whole season and i think they can continue to do that till playoffs come

Wildcard-SF-they have a solid bullpen and also some good hitters in the linup and i think they will pull through to get in
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-17, 00:57

Texas takes that lead in wildcard!!
Back to top Go down
joeydee14
New MS Member
New MS Member
joeydee14

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-08-15

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-17, 15:26

AL East- Yankees
AL Central - Chi Sox
AL West - Angels
AL Wild Card- Rangers

NL East- Phillies
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West- Dodgers
NL Wild Card- Giants
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-17, 16:23

Thank u joey!! Finally someone that agrees my rangers are gana hang on to that wildcard spot!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-20, 12:37

Come on baseballa I was lookin for ur daily updates the past couple days while the sox have taken over the wildcard lead... Hahahaha and we got Johnny Lestahh on the mound tonight!!
Back to top Go down
Wheels7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-08-19

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-20, 16:16

ok imma break it down
AL
East- Yankees- they have way to many offensive weapons to be stopped. also the pitching is great. best team in baseball since the break
Central- This is a tight one but id have to say Detroit hangs on. Theyve got a nice pitching staff. Porcello, Jackson, and Verlander are nasty. Also, they put up runs and play D. Chi Sox will stay close though
West- Angels take the division. 2nd best team since the break. All starters as of today over .300 avg except kendrick at like .280 They are a great hitting team. They play small ball and do the little things right.
Wild Card- Can't count Boston out. But, imma go with Texas. There bullpen has been great. If they can shorten the game up and get to the bullpen its over. They put up runs. Very high powered offense. Kinsler is there igniter. When hes on everyone follows.

NL
East- Have to take my Phillies on this one. Yes, theyve been hot at times and been streaky. But, with the addition of Lee. I think theyve sealed it. Hitting is a natural thing for this club. They always put up runs.They are also a great defensive playing team. Philies win this division.
Central- Cardinals will stay on top. With Carpenter and Wainwright at the front end they are dirty. Holliday really sparked them when he came over. Its tuff to shut down their offense with pujols and holliday. They also play good D
West- Rockies and Giants have made it interesting. Dodgers have slumped a bit. Im taking the Rockies to make a late surge and take the division. They have a knack for putting together late runs. The dodgers need to get back on track
Wild Card- This could be a whole bunch of teams from the Dodgers if they dont get the division to Colorado, San Fran, Atlanta, Florida or Chicago. If the Dodgers win the division i take Colorado for the wild card. If Colorado or San Fran wins the west I take the Dodgers if they hold it together. If not, i see Atlanta or Florida. Atlanta has a very good hitting and pitching team. Florida has also been on a roll and have proved they can put up runs and play solid fundamental ball.

Sorry if this was long. Im a big baseball follower. Let me know what you think about my thoughts and predictions
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-20, 16:38

U got some good points but I still don't see texas beating the sox for the wildcard. Buchholz has givin us a legit #3 starter behind lester and beckett and penny is still a decent #4 he's hit or miss but I see dice k coming in to the rotation soon and really settling down that #4 spot and if we get wakefield healthy we got a pretty solid 4 and 5 starters. Also our offence is warming up like it was in the beginning of the season.
Back to top Go down
Wheels7
New MS Member
New MS Member

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-20, 17:05

yes you are correct. but i dont know man. its gonna be close. rangers have a way easier schedule left than you guys. so you'll have to play great ball. red sox have like i think 6 vs yanks, 6 or so vs rays and 4 or 5 vs angels. while rangers play teams like orioles, seattle and oakland.
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-21, 13:00

We got a tough stretch we are going into right now tho wheels. We just finished with Minnesota and now on to the rays. Gotta play good TEXAS.
Back to top Go down
Wheels7
New MS Member
New MS Member

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty2009-08-21, 13:09

that is true. if they get through it there end isnt that bad if u look at who they play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MLB Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Predictions?   MLB Predictions? Empty

Back to top Go down

MLB Predictions?
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next