Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Official Steelers Thread

Go down 
+19
Oldstalecheetos
Giant 23
s0liddy
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
super_mario90
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
klick81
Lake RuNz 508
phillyboy1989
slim203
Swag Escobar
Militant X 1
Shwami
DaTBa1LHaWK
beeman999
iLLxEaGLeSx10
BOSTN BEANER
Fudgy
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Official Steelers Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-21, 02:44

Alright guys this is the official steelers thread for Steeler Nation to come and speak their mind about the black n gold. My thoughts: I was impressed with our draft and i think it has been a good off-season. I am especially pumped on the development of Limas Sweed and Rashard Mendenhall, and u cant forget about Lawrence Timmons. I Liked our picks and i think we have a great replacement of Brett Kiesel and maybe in the future we have a replacement for Big Snack in Ziggy hood. But i was most excited on our 3rd and 5th round selections, Frank The Tank Summers and Mike Wallace. Mike Wallace is fast as hell (mike mayock timed him at 4.28 40) and he just makes big plays. In Frank Summers he is just a beast and can maybe help us forget about The BUs and he can be a solution to our short yardage woes. What are you guys thoughts??

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-21, 02:48

this is now a sticky

first of all, ziggy hood is going to be a beast

2nd of all, as long as polomalu is on the defensive side of the ball, they will be straight there.

3rd of all, steelers have great offensive weapons

to sum it up, steelers will be great like always
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-21, 12:11

Yeah man i agree totally, I think we can definately make a run at a repeat, if our o-line can pan out this year, IMO we are the strongest team in the league.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-21, 16:20

xRideTheBus36xx wrote:
Yeah man i agree totally, I think we can definately make a run at a repeat, if our o-line can pan out this year, IMO we are the strongest team in the league.

2nd strongest team in the league since brady is back the pats will be back to their 2007 regular season ways of blowing everyone out of the stadiums! haha but yea steelers still look good, should be the favorites to be superbowl champs again.. the way i always see it is until u knock off the defending champs in the playoffs the defending champs are still the favorites to win it all.. steelers are the team to beat in the AFC this year.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-21, 16:23

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
xRideTheBus36xx wrote:

2nd strongest team in the league since brady is back the pats will be back to their 2007 regular season ways of blowing everyone out of the stadiums! haha but yea steelers still look good, should be the favorites to be superbowl champs again.. the way i always see it is until u knock off the defending champs in the playoffs the defending champs are still the favorites to win it all.. steelers are the team to beat in the AFC this year.

Biased lol jk

I don't think the steelers will repeat. But they will be solid and make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfl.com
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-22, 13:44

Solid my ass, only one team can match them right now...the pats
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-22, 15:37

this may be biased, but i think the vikes can make a legit superbowl run this year. especially if they get favre. AP shouldhave a 2000 yard year becuz wit berrian and harvin on the ends of the field no more 8 man boxes. and our defense is solid. our ss will be faster now becuz we have tyrell johnson. overall we look real good and i think we can have a playoff run.
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-28, 23:54

Haha dont get to ahead of yourself dude, 2000 Yards...2000 YARDS?!?! Man only like like 3 guys have done that dawg, terrell Davis, Jamal Lewis and someone LOL. ANyways i know AP is good and all but ur pass offense is still going to be Mediocre, not saying hes bad , i still think he will have 1500 yards or so but damn dude 2000? Lmfao, Here We go.....Here We Go,,, Pittsburgh's Going to the Superbowl!!1
Back to top Go down
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-29, 12:43

i heard that the steelers signed only 3 of the 6 rookies they drafted.

Mike Wallace, Sonny Harris and A .Q. Shipley
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-29, 13:42

yea its guna b a great AFC championship wit the steelers and pats.. if they dont meet b4 then.. i say whoever wins the AFC will more than likely win the super bowl
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-29, 17:16

xRideTheBus36xx wrote:
Pittsburgh's Going to the Superbowl!!1

lol in the midst of telling somone to not get ahead of themselves, u got a little ahead of urself there at the end! lol LETS GO PATRIOTS!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-29, 17:16

Nah Eagles, we have signed all of em expect for our 1st rounder, ziggy hood, Yeah bears i agree, hopefully we can get back at them for beating us in 01,04
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-29, 22:51

xRideTheBus36xx wrote:
Haha dont get to ahead of yourself dude, 2000 Yards...2000 YARDS?!?! Man only like like 3 guys have done that dawg, terrell Davis, Jamal Lewis and someone LOL. ANyways i know AP is good and all but ur pass offense is still going to be Mediocre, not saying hes bad , i still think he will have 1500 yards or so but damn dude 2000? Lmfao, Here We go.....Here We Go,,, Pittsburgh's Going to the Superbowl!!1
he had 1500 yards against 9 man boxes. now that we got speed on both edges safties wil have to play deep so there wil be 7 man box so AP will flourish. just watch
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-06-30, 02:58

I bet he will, im just saying 2000 yards is a bit of a strech lol
Back to top Go down
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-07-11, 23:58

i want to see if mendenhall can stay healthy and take over the hb position for parker.
Back to top Go down
Shwami
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-08-09, 21:35

The only real threat to the steelers repeat is the Pats, they always beat the steelers in the AFC championships. The only years steelers win it all are the ones where the Pats aren't in for some fluke reason. If the steelers play the Pats in the playoffs they'll lose, otherwise we'll repeat. I hate them but dammit i repect them.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-08-10, 19:02

xRideTheBus36xx wrote:
Solid my ass, only one team can match them right now...the pats

what makes this statement funny...is the fact that you seriously believe this! don't forget who else....is in the AFC son.....BALTIMORE RAVENS!!
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-08-10, 20:37

vikes will beat em this year lol
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-10-01, 17:39

Well guys trying to start this thread up again, tuff season so far for us steeler nation, i think we could easily be 3-0 yet also easily be 0-3 if it weren't for bironhas missed fg's. We need to FINISH!! i think our offense is playing really good, but isn't finishing drives off, i love mike wallace and he showed his value against the bengals (rookie btw guys, 3rd round) with 8 rec for 128 yards or something like that. Also i think our 0-line is really starting to jell, the pass protection has been great so far and the running game is starting to come along.

Well for our defense, its obviously been a huge not having troy (he will be back next week against the lions) but we cant rely on one guy even if hes one of the best players in this league. But i think we have had a serious lack of sacks and turnovers, only 2 turnovers so far, against the titans (our only 1) and 5 sacks in 3 games is NOT characteristic for this football team. I think Lamarr Woodley HAS to step it up, hes not beating his man 1 on 1 which he would almost do all the time last year (13.5 sacks, including playoffs), especially with Harrison getting all the attention.

Alsoour secondary has to step their game up, and that should change with troy back. Another man im loving so far is Stephan Logan, our PR and KR, this guy is great. He is 4th in the league at kickoff returns and always is a threat to take it the distance, Our own sproles Very Happy Razz. This guy has also been sweet on kick coverage, and as a gunner on punt coverage, he got 2 tackles last week on the few punts we had last week which is nice to see.

While talking about special teams, we gotta get talking to Jeff Reed, i think there really is nothing wrong with this guy, he just had one of his VERY few bad games at chicago (bad weather rain and bad field) but thats not an excuse. Also he missed a 53 yarder at Cincinnati last week but thats nothing to be worried about, s*** happens, I think he will start his streak up again starting at San Diego.

I think the steelers will play a tuff Charger team but will prevail, i just cant see us losing 3 games in a row and loosing prime time on heinz field. Throwback jersey's sunday night Very Happy.

Anyones thats my break down, what are your guys input on this years Black and Gold??

GO STEELERS
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-10-02, 12:25

all i want to say is hahahahahahaha seems times are changing if the bengals are 2nd in the division behind b-more
Back to top Go down
slim203
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
slim203

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-10-02, 12:46

well all i can say is pit will get out of the slump
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-10-06, 22:18

Huge win against the bolts guys, our 0-line was flawless and Mendy had a hell of a game, i also loved the way Guard Chris Kemoeuto blew up holes for him, his pulling blocks were NASTY!!! Good showing by the defense but i want to see more consistant pressure and it should help with Troy coming back this week.

GO STEELERS!!!!
Back to top Go down
phillyboy1989
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-10-06, 23:51

Anyone know good money plays using the Pitt PB?
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-10-07, 15:49

Way to ruin the thread son
Back to top Go down
phillyboy1989
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty2009-10-07, 18:02

My bad you think pitt can repeat?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Steelers Thread   Official Steelers Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Steelers Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next