Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Official G-Men Thread

Go down 
+20
super_mario90
Nori
24Marion24
FelixdaCat
hof8231
xMattex
joeydee14
Big Hungry 702
MADDEN10GAMER
dUPxBTefft23
Devo
Elite
Radi0ActivWaste
Ketcham While They're Hot
tuki94
iLLxEaGLeSx10
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
BOSTN BEANER
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
Fudgy
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Official G-Men Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-19, 15:55

This is the Official New Giants Thread.

The New York Daily News reports Giants QB Eli Manning
is going to have to wait to sign a contract extension, which could make
him the highest paid player in the NFL. Manning and the Giants remain
far apart in their negotiations on a new deal. Nobody is panicking,
even though 2009 is the last year of Manning's rookie contract, and
both sides expect a deal will eventually get done. But they had
originally hoped to do it this spring, with the Giants prepared to make
Manning one of the NFL's richest players. The report said the asking
price was up near an average of $20 million per year. When Manning,
whose original six-year deal was worth $45 million to $54 million, was
asked if he wanted to be the NFL's highest-paid player, he said, "I
don't have an ego about that."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-21, 02:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpgL5kuBpMA

Hahaha, Plaxico on gun safety
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-21, 02:20

xRideTheBus36xx wrote:

The Greatest video i've seen about plaxico in my life
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-21, 02:21

xRideTheBus36xx wrote:

watched it like five mins ago when u told me in the chatbox and im still laughing! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-21, 02:24

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
xRideTheBus36xx wrote:

watched it like five mins ago when u told me in the chatbox and im still laughing! lol!

holy s*** this is amazing...i love 2 parts in it...were he is like..."ahh you little bitch" then " im jsut trying to help the kids"

this video is funny s***
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-21, 12:08

Yeah guys i love it, ive watcched it about 20 times and i still laugh my a$$ off.
Back to top Go down
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-22, 17:29

i just don't see the gmen being that strong anymore now that eli is exposed to be a horrible qb without a real wr (unlike mcnabb) lol

i dont think hakeem nicks will be that star guy that all the draft people hyped him up to be. He isn't fast at all, and is just like 6-0. average at best
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfl.com
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-23, 08:21

damn thats funny as hell
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-23, 12:26

You guys built it up but I didn't think it was funny at all...
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Radi0ActivWaste

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-23, 18:25

iLLxEaGLeSx10 wrote:
i just don't see the gmen being that strong anymore now that eli is exposed to be a horrible qb without a real wr (unlike mcnabb) lol

i dont think hakeem nicks will be that star guy that all the draft people hyped him up to be. He isn't fast at all, and is just like 6-0. average at best

i agree with you and i think eli is gona choke in the playoffs again if they even make it but with there division anything can happen
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-06-23, 18:57

Radi0ActivWaste wrote:
iLLxEaGLeSx10 wrote:

i agree with you and i think eli is gona choke in the playoffs again if they even make it but with there division anything can happen

your right with eli choking in the playoffs...but the gaints have a really good running game.....but i think they might make it to the playoffs but wont get far...if they get to teh playoffs
Back to top Go down
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-07-06, 19:00

I disagree.

1. Eli struggled because Plax was the focal point of our passing offense and was no longer there. Our plays were designed for taller wide-outs. He struggled against the harder teams, but all together, our offense was just as good with plax as it was without. (add the stats from the Seattle and Arizona game, to the ones at the end of the year). This year he has the offseason to work with the talented, but inexperienced, wide-outs. Eli is proven in the clutch. He struggled with the wind more than the defense. Regardless, hes gone further than McNabb with less talent around him.

2. Our WRs are talented. Nicks will not be a superstar(yet at least), but hes NFL ready. And i dont know how someone can say hes not that good by looking at his speed and size, because that is ridiculous. His speed and size are both average, and the reason so many people like him is because of his hands and route running. I couldnt believe that someone said they dont think he will do well because hes very tall or fast. Of all the active WRs in the league, Marvin has had the best career. He has average speed and height. A lot of people compare him to Boldin, but i see him more as Hines Ward, who, again, has done tremendous in the NFL, and in shorter and slower than Nicks.

3. Our WRs have loads of talent.
-Smith is one of the best 3rd down recievers in football.

-Hixon racker up nearly 600 yards while not being a starter for about 10 weeks. Its also worth noting he was on a bad ankle, and it was his first year at WR. And as stated before, he didnt work much with Eli in practices before week 13.

-Nicks is arguably the most polished WR from this years draft, if not, the only one in front is Crabtree.

-Manningham has a year of experience and will get his oppurtunty to prove himself. Many believe he has the potential to be a starting wr in this league. Nobody can seriously judge anything from the limited time we have seen

-Barden is 6'6" and has shown the ability to come down with the ball on fade routes(great for redzone)

-Sinorace Moss - well, im about ready to give up on him. lol
--

4. The team is slightly older and more experienced than last year. We have added much depth to the Dline and some elsewhere as well. we still have enough power at rb with Jacobs and bradshaw. Sheridan will be running nearly the same scheme as Spags. I dont see how we could miss the playoffs.

There have been numerous "experts" (dont like the term) who not only believe we will make the playoffs, but consider us favorites from our division and favorites in the NFC.

Anything can happen. We will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-07-07, 00:55

Elite wrote:
Of all the active WRs in the league, Marvin has had the best career. He has average speed and height.

If I'm not mistaken, Marvin Harrison was one of the speediest and breakaway WRs in the NFL during his prime. In the past few years, not so much, but he was definitely the bee's knees when it came to speed for the majority of his career.
Back to top Go down
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-07-07, 00:58

Elite wrote:
I disagree.

2. Our WRs are talented.

can you explain the difference to me? seems like the same point.

eagles wrs > giants wrs
Back to top Go down
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-07-09, 14:06

iLLxEaGLeSx10 wrote:
Elite wrote:
I disagree.

2. Our WRs are talented.

eagles wrs > giants wrs

Did you read the first sentence only?
the point of 2 was to say that height/speed doesnt make talent.
the point of 3 was more about who our WRs are, and why they dont suck.
--
Back to top Go down
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-07-09, 14:18

Ketcham while theyre Kobe wrote:
Elite wrote:
Of all the active WRs in the league, Marvin has had the best career. He has average speed and height.

If I'm not mistaken, Marvin Harrison was one of the speediest and breakaway WRs in the NFL during his prime. In the past few years, not so much, but he was definitely the bee's knees when it came to speed for the majority of his career.

Your not mistaken about Harrisons speed in his prime, but ur missing the point. You dont need good speed or height to be great. Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward, Wes Welker.. Theres tons.

Are you just pointing out a weakness in what i said, or do you honestly believe what someone said about him not being good because of his average speed + height?

and still, Harrison was tremendous with avg speed late in his career.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-07-09, 18:12

Elite wrote:
Ketcham while theyre Kobe wrote:
Elite wrote:

Your not mistaken about Harrisons speed in his prime, but ur missing the point. You dont need good speed or height to be great. Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward, Wes Welker.. Theres tons.

Are you just pointing out a weakness in what i said, or do you honestly believe what someone said about him not being good because of his average speed + height?

and still, Harrison was tremendous with avg speed late in his career.

The only part I cared to comment on from your post was the "average speed" just because it struck me wrong. Other than that, I thought your post pretty much spoke for itself. Sorry if it came across as if I was nitpicking or attacking your entire argument.
Back to top Go down
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-07-10, 19:51

honestly i think that the giants wrs are mid to low level when talking about talent.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-07-10, 22:22

iLLxEaGLeSx10 wrote:
honestly i think that the giants wrs are mid to low level when talking about talent.
that might be true right now but none of them really got a legit opportunity to shine. goin from benchwarmer to starter in a week cuz of plax kinda aint fair to judge em by
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-07-26, 11:47

devo408 wrote:
iLLxEaGLeSx10 wrote:
that might be true right now but none of them really got a legit opportunity to shine. goin from benchwarmer to starter in a week cuz of plax kinda aint fair to judge em by
EXACTLY!!!!!!!
plus steve smith isnt gonna be a starter nicks will be so a starting core of nicks and hixon isnt bad and smith in the slot THATS good
steve smith is better than anyone on the eagles besides maybe deson jackson......
im not worried at all about our WRs im not saying there amazing but they are good enough to get the job done because we run ALOT so we get down to like 3rd and 3 it aint hard to pick up....
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-08-12, 23:53

i hate to admit it but ramses barden is a beast
Back to top Go down
MADDEN10GAMER
New MS Member
New MS Member
MADDEN10GAMER

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-08-17, 09:11

Fudgy wrote:

are you dumb.. steve smith is the number 1 starter on the receiver chart.
in 21 games as a backup wr he caught 65 passes for 637 yards.

Hakeem Nicks is going to be a star and i dont think i seen a player run better routes than him that was in the draft.

Barden is a tall plaxico type receiver who will match his ability in the shotgun formation.

Hixon is speedy and will be the 2nd or 3rd reciever on the team.
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-08-17, 18:15

MADDEN10GAMER wrote:
Fudgy wrote:

are you dumb.. steve smith is the number 1 starter on the receiver chart.
in 21 games as a backup wr he caught 65 passes for 637 yards.

Hakeem Nicks is going to be a star and i dont think i seen a player run better routes than him that was in the draft.

Barden is a tall plaxico type receiver who will match his ability in the shotgun formation.

Hixon is speedy and will be the 2nd or 3rd reciever on the team.

no im not dumb, steve smith is the shittiest number 1 wr.

i wasn't saying he's good n all, i was just saying he is a beast (check 62ysailunions sig)
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-08-20, 21:09

dude fudgy if i could just get dat girl out of that pic....... lol
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty2009-08-20, 21:10

iLLxEaGLeSx10 wrote:
Elite wrote:
I disagree.

2. Our WRs are talented.

eagles wrs > giants wrs
watch ur mouth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official G-Men Thread   Official G-Men Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official G-Men Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next