Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

bring back run/pass commit

Go down 
+10
Madden's Finest 200
Jimmy Freedom90
layinWOOD
c4jun
PeytonMvPManning
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
EggzOverEazy
XtremeWTRocker
B-__-R-__-B
cmccray2639
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

bring back run/pass commit Empty
PostSubject: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 11:43

i really hope madden brings this back in 2011.. it would put an end to overused tosses and it was good to have as an offensive player if you can run the ball well then hit ur opponent with a pa pass and they mess up and run commit.. just a thought but i really liked this feature when it was on the game
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 11:59

eh didnt care for it but wouldnt be against it i guess, i like how the PA is more effective this year though.
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 13:49

I would enjoy this feature again. It just seems more realistic to me. Teams should be able to anticipate the next play coming. Also, just like in real football, if you guess wrong, you'll pay. Run committing on a pass or run committing to the wrong area will give your opponent the advantage
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 14:04

i was one of those people who got caught doing a lot of adjustments and ended up pass/run committing a lot when i did not want to. it was VERY frustrating.

if they bring it back they need to take these things into consideration.
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 14:09

EggzOverEazy wrote:
i was one of those people who got caught doing a lot of adjustments and ended up pass/run committing a lot when i did not want to. it was VERY frustrating.

if they bring it back they need to take these things into consideration.
Nothing's perfect. I did the same.

In a way, though, it is like a defense getting caught in the middle of adjusting or the offense coming out in a new formation in a real game. Its just part of the game. That's one of the advantages to offense. The offense always knows what they are doing, and the defense is always guessing.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 15:31

i agree 110% please bring this feature back.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 15:55

I just liked the feature bc i really thought it helped control the hb tosses.. you dont see to many tosses in a real NFL game for a reason, but on madden its most peoples favorite type of run play ( especially with cj, ap, bush, etc.) also made it more important to be creative on offense.. i used to love running the ball with the mjd and fred taylor then catch someone loading the box and run commiting and hit em with a pa streak to a wide open matt jones (to bad the ball isnt painted white he prob woulda caught it a few more times in real life lol)
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 21:51

i say bring this feature back cause i dont like how if u dont user PA and sack the QB your whole d bites and leaves some1 open. I do think they need to change run/pass commit to an extent cause i hated in 09 when some1 played the quarters run commit defense
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 22:32

I hope they leave it just like it is. Run/Pass commit was stupid people would commit on almost anything i know it leaves ppl open but like you said they come out in QRTS and commit all gm its sucks playing ppl like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 23:21

well no feature is perfect and rest assured anything that can be exploited will be, especially when playin someone online, but i still thought it was useful. and if ea would ever make size actually matter you couldnt come out with 6-7 dbs on the field and stop the run. i play football in college and if you come out with that many dbs a good oline is gonna mash them all over the field. but as it is now dbs take on oline with just as much success, or better than, linebackers.
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-06, 23:35

I really hope they don't bring this back. I can see PeytonMvPManning's point on the whole PA thing but I think they can fix that w/o bringing the run/pass committ back. It takes away from the importance of user skills on the sticks and gives people with bad defense/bad playcalling an easy way out IMO. If you think its a run, pick a run stopping play. If you think its a pass, play coverage or bring heat in the right places.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Jimmy Freedom90

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 00:11

I agree 100%. Even though i screwed myself many times by run committing on a PA, it's more realistic and it helps stop the run/pass.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 00:19

i just mainly want it back to combat the effectiveness of toss plays.. i remember when, just like in real life, tosses were only ran a couple times a game.. now u got some people who all they run are tosses (i.e. almost everyone that plays with the titans) its ridiculous how easy it is to break a big one on a toss play now
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 00:32

it wont let me pm u joshnem.. im pretty good at stopping the run and playin d, i take pride in defense as i play safety, but im always up for learnin.. i run 34 with most the teams i use (nyj pb) but with the jags i run the 46 and im trying to use the jags more as their my favorite team
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 00:39

well you can always slide and crash to the side of the toss. risky, but its similar to run commit
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 00:44

i do like the idea that you gotta make more user plays on tosses and things like that.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 00:46

yeah im all for making user skills stand out more, but i dont think run/pass commit takes that outta the game. i feel like run/pass commit was part of user skill.. bc there was always the risk of committing wrong and getting toasted
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 00:52

yeah i like that sting pinch zone against tosses.. but i usually just put the de to the side i think the toss is going on a contain and i usually user a safety.. but this is what i mean by liking the run commit.. u shouldnt have to gameplan a whole set of plays just to stop tosses lol.. and i will have to give this a try next time i got someone tryin to toss rape me
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 00:59

yeah i like that sting pinch zone against tosses.. but i usually just put the de to the side i think the toss is going on a contain and i usually user a safety.. but this is what i mean by liking the run commit.. u shouldnt have to gameplan a whole set of plays just to stop tosses lol.. and i will have to give this a try next time i got someone tryin to toss rape me
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 08:00

i hated this feature. It allowed bums to just shut down every run play. I like how the game is focused more on user ability. If you don't USER the PA some1 will be open. And you have to shut down tosses and off tackle on your own. And people would play quarters and run commit all game and it was bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 08:01

cmccray2639 wrote:
why shouldn't you?
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 11:36

bc the toss is not a prominent play in real football.. go sit down and watch a whole nfl game next yr and count how many toss plays you see in the game, it wont be many i promise you. its ridiculous how effective tosses can be in madden.. to the point that you have to almost sellout ur whole defense to stop some toss plays
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 11:56

its not real football, its a video game and people are never gonna play madden like the pros do, you dont really have to taylor your whole deffense around stopping the toss DE contains and crashing the line help then its on you to make a play thats what i like about it, its all on you, you mess up its on you.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 12:01

well isnt that the point of madden? to be a football simulation? and i dont taylor my whole defense to stopping the toss, my point is there just to effective, same as wr screens
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty2010-04-07, 12:13

you dont seem to have a big problem shutting these things down so whats the big deal? madden might have been made for that purpose but cmon man you know people are NEVER gonna play like that, there never gonna play it like the pros do, mostly beacuse a large majority of the madden players that play online dont know a whole lot about the way NFL games are played, the toss and screen might be effective but whats wrong with that? theres nothin wrong with a lil challenge, you can easily adjust to them? i agree they are effective but there not plays that are garunteed an amount of yardage, i dono how many times ive sacked tosses, hit the ball carrier in the backfield, or picked the pitch off, for screens i dono how many times ive picked the screen off or tackled him for a 5 yard loss so really IMO they are high risk high reward types of plays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bring back run/pass commit   bring back run/pass commit Empty

Back to top Go down

bring back run/pass commit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next