Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?

Go down 
+7
janfuso
Modrewgnu
Menace42
J-$hYnE
EccentricMeat
elemental475
neng1982
11 posters
AuthorMessage
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-22

NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty
PostSubject: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2009-09-22, 14:19

I used to run the ball very well on Madden 04-06 with PS2. Now I have an XBOX360 and the last two years, its soooo difficult to run with any team! Does anybody have tips or tricks they use to run the ball well?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2009-09-22, 14:23

I used to always press speed as soon as I get the ball, but the now that doesn't seem to do me any good. What do you guys do to run the ball more efficiently?
Back to top Go down
elemental475
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2009-09-22, 15:42

You have to be really patient. Its almost like you have to only go 1/2 stick and pick your hole. It seems when I speed burst any time before that it doesn't work. Even when I see a big hole and I want to hit hit fast, somehow someone breaks their block and tackles me.
Back to top Go down
EccentricMeat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2009-09-22, 15:43

On stretch/power o plays, read your line before you receive the hand off to see where the hole will be. If the LBs rush to the inside, sprint to the outside. If the LBs rush to the outside, turn it back in. The number one thing to remember is to TAKE WHAT IS GIVEN TO YOU.

On most toss plays, your blockers will not continue to the outside. When they cut up field, this is when you should sprint and follow them.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2009-09-22, 16:18

Thanks for the advice. I guess I have to get used to being patient.
Back to top Go down
J-$hYnE
New MS Member
New MS Member
J-$hYnE

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2009-09-22, 17:48

use the vikings and see if that helps
Back to top Go down
Menace42
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2010-02-06, 23:42

Hey I have the same problem, but it seems the last 2 yrs it's been some kind of delay. I play on ps3 and this drives me crazy on offense and defense. Why is that?
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2010-02-06, 23:44

try in the houston, pass balanced, or New Orleans plabook, strong close, hb off tackle
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
janfuso
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2010-02-07, 16:55

Motion your TE or Slot WR to where he will pick up the LB on a block. this will give u an extra blocker on runs especially when you bring in your slot WR to do the blocking. I play with the chargers and put gates as my 3rd WR so when i put him in my slot and motion him its deadly.
Back to top Go down
Vaughnilla619
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Vaughnilla619

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2010-02-08, 19:37

firstly it depends on the team. if the team isnt great at running the ball odds are it wont be a good idea to run.

secondly it depends on how good the run D is or the user you're playing against.

thirdly you gotta know when to be patient and follow the blockers and read the holes and when to explode into full burst.

just gotta practice it and find run plays that work for you.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2010-02-08, 19:42

use the houston playbook... off tackle will be the least of your loves... try the iform close formation out;)
Back to top Go down
eFresh_15
New MS Member
New MS Member
eFresh_15

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2010-02-08, 20:10

Try Out The Jets Playbook Bruh, It Has So Many Crazy Running Plays.
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo61793
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty2010-02-09, 15:55

Sometimes you need to run out of the shotgun. A lot of people wait until you pick your offensive play to see your personel on the field and pick their defensive play. if they see you in the 4 WR 0 TE and 1 RB they think youre going to pass and they gonna be in the dollar which makes them vulnerable to the pass. You dont always have to come out in teh I form to run. Another thing that might help you is you need to pass in I-form. If you pass in running formations it makes the defense have to think which increases his vulnerability. Come out in the strong and do a pass and this will open up the run
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?   NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips? Empty

Back to top Go down

NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I CANT RUN THE BALL....any tips?
Page 1 of 1