Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I need Route-Running 101

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaMistahMoon
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-09-10

I need Route-Running 101 Empty
PostSubject: I need Route-Running 101   I need Route-Running 101 Empty2009-09-16, 10:41

alrighty, here is my dilemma:

I am still new to this game but am starting to get better and am at the point where i am using motions to determine man/zone, hot routing recievers to avoid a blitz, you know the things you are supposed to do as QB in this game, my only issue is that i dont know what routes are designed to beat man, and which are designed for zone defenses.

I know that the slant is a route to use in man converage, and i know basically what to look for out of the safetys (ie. cover two opens middle of the field, cover one gives me the sides, etc.) but for a zone/man read on my recievers gets me. And its just when i think i fugure something out in the practice mode and bring it to a game the results are polar opposite than what im assuming would happen.

Side note- on the play book what are the orange routes? are they my first read or does it say something about that route? i know the green route are motion routes, and the blue routes are release routes, which is why i am wondering about the orange.

thanks in advance, and i apologize for the long post but felt a describtion of the situation was in order. you guys have helped me get this far in my skillz and thats why im turning to you again!
Back to top Go down
theohiostuniv7710
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: I need Route-Running 101   I need Route-Running 101 Empty2009-09-16, 11:48

yeah, thats really all you can do against the zone. just try to figure out what they are running and find the holes. and the orange route really means nothing, just the first option.
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: I need Route-Running 101   I need Route-Running 101 Empty2009-09-16, 16:31

orange routes are your primary reciever but like osu7710 said they basicaly mean nothing.slants work against zone as well.i use em all the time against zone but u gotta hit em at the right time.if u hit em once ur reciever gets off the line and between linebackers youll tear up zone.as far as using motion to determine man or zone u have to be carefull because veteran players will audible to the opposite of what theyre running for a pick or a sack.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: I need Route-Running 101   I need Route-Running 101 Empty2009-09-17, 00:48

for me i run the same routes in man and zone. i run alot of inside routes like in and post against man and when theyre in zone i do the same routes but i make sure i have another guy goin to that zone first so the second guy will be open. its somethin that takes alot of practice because its all timin and recognition but it really helps. PM me if you need more help i love to help guys out with their passing game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need Route-Running 101   I need Route-Running 101 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need Route-Running 101
Page 1 of 1