Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation Empty
PostSubject: Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation   Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation Empty2009-09-01, 08:29

I play against this cat who runs a 2 TE I formation and runs either FB Dive or Power O with A. Peterson or B. Jacobs. I can't stop it. He goes for a guaranteed 5 yards every time. I can put any kind of defense up, tell my D-Line to go that way, MY LBS and I just can't stop it. When I engage 8 or tell my LBS to all out blitz he throws it to his TE in the flats. He runs a very boring O but it is hard to stop. Any Ideas? I play him tonight in our online franchise.
Back to top Go down
sowskillz
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation   Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation Empty2009-09-01, 14:09

when you think he is going to run the ball, audible into man coverage, show blitz, make your DE's rush the outside, make your DT's stay in the inside and he'll have NO where to go.
Back to top Go down
hoshdude7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation   Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation Empty2009-09-01, 14:30

Look like you are defending the run when you are protecting against the pass
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation   Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation Empty2009-09-01, 15:52

you are going to have to take some risks with blitzing. make a prediction based on how your opponent has played on which way he will run. send the blitz that way, and you should be able to stop him.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation   Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation Empty2009-09-02, 09:14

Thanks guys. It worked I nearly tripled him in total yards. I stopped the run. But he had two ints go to the house and my rb fumbled (i was holding RB) and Usi took it to the house.....all in the redzone. Its ok. The next game I beat the best guy in the league 21-17. If you haven't been using it you should def look at the West Coast Playbook.
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation   Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation Empty2009-09-02, 09:22

mw344 wrote:
Thanks guys. It worked I nearly tripled him in total yards. I stopped the run. But he had two ints go to the house and my rb fumbled (i was holding RB) and Usi took it to the house.....all in the redzone. Its ok. The next game I beat the best guy in the league 21-17. If you haven't been using it you should def look at the West Coast Playbook.

Ive been looking to switch offense... West Coast is good?
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation   Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation Empty2009-09-02, 11:51

psufan5, Def look into it if you have quick receivers and backs. The near and far formations are the best in the game. You can go through a whole game in the same formation and not run the same play and march down the field. You have to get used to it though or it will come back in bite you. timing is important in this playbook. but it works......all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation   Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation Empty

Back to top Go down

Stop the run out of a 2 TE formation
Page 1 of 1