Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!

Go down 
+9
ticklemeelmo
Oldstalecheetos
lil_buddii
jahova6
49ers4ever
huh1231
dUPxBTefft23
Cadiz215
mw344
13 posters
AuthorMessage
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty
PostSubject: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2009-10-28, 10:16

I have heard great things about this formation and stopping the run. Stops the pitch, off-tackle and all that juice. I have always overlooked it my playbook, instead going with the 1-5-5. Which one is better for stopping the run?
Back to top Go down
Cadiz215
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Cadiz215

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2009-10-28, 10:35

The 1-5-5. I love it! You can do almost anything out of this formation. Blitz, coverage, you name it this formation can do it.
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2009-10-28, 10:53

Cadiz215 wrote:
The 1-5-5. I love it! You can do almost anything out of this formation. Blitz, coverage, you name it this formation can do it.
love the fag Ds in this formation as well Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! 478291
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2009-10-28, 11:00

I like the 1-5-5. There are some killer blitzes in it. And great for press coverage. But I heard dime is better for stopping the toss and off tackle. Especially from the goal line formation..........
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2009-10-28, 14:03

3 man deep is the best for stopping GL OT for me. i hit it for a 3 yard loss everytime unless i screw up on the sticks.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2009-10-28, 14:38

huh1231 wrote:
3 man deep is the best for stopping GL OT for me. i hit it for a 3 yard loss everytime unless i screw up on the sticks.

From the dime formation?
Back to top Go down
49ers4ever
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2009-10-28, 14:49

huh1231 wrote:

Can you explain that setup?
Back to top Go down
jahova6
New MS Member
New MS Member
jahova6

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2009-10-30, 14:53

can you stop the wildcat outta the 1-5-5 nickel
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2009-10-30, 19:46

49ers4ever wrote:
huh1231 wrote:

it's a combo set up. play is called 3 man blitz. show blitz. blitz the DT, stack MLB directly behind DT (not to the side). play as ur middle FS and be around 4-6 yrds (depending on the speed of ur FS, faster = further back) back from LOS. at the snap run towards start running towards the hole of the off tackle. the DT takes the center, the RG moves down to pick up the MLB, the RT takes the DE.

you should hit the gap created by the RG moving down to get the MLB and the RT moving out to take the DE. the FB is too far outside and u hit the RB a few yrds behind the LOS.
Back to top Go down
lil_buddii
New MS Member
New MS Member
lil_buddii

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2010-02-16, 00:10

i say 3-3-5 nano blitz can stop it ... it works for me
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2010-02-16, 10:38

if you dont use the 46 defense, use the jets... cuz the 155 is fire and you cant hate on the odd split or 335... and fg block still blows up wildcat
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2010-02-16, 11:00

i wouldnt do fg block personally. i do a man blitz outa the dollar formation and press coverage reblitz the right LB. not sure what the blitz is but it is in all books. but seriously i dont think wildcat even needs to be discussed anymore its such a non factor since that patch that killed it.
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2010-02-16, 12:07

huh1231 wrote:
49ers4ever wrote:
huh1231 wrote:

it's a combo set up. play is called 3 man blitz. show blitz. blitz the DT, stack MLB directly behind DT (not to the side). play as ur middle FS and be around 4-6 yrds (depending on the speed of ur FS, faster = further back) back from LOS. at the snap run towards start running towards the hole of the off tackle. the DT takes the center, the RG moves down to pick up the MLB, the RT takes the DE.

you should hit the gap created by the RG moving down to get the MLB and the RT moving out to take the DE. the FB is too far outside and u hit the RB a few yrds behind the LOS.

I use that same play, but I think it's out of Quarter Combo/3 Deep, not from Dime. I saw it on another website. (which I can't post here)
Back to top Go down
wildbig42
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: NYJ Defense PB - what pass defense plays are good for stopping middle pass Deep pass ect..   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2010-03-02, 18:50

Hey i got my offense lookin real good but my D stopping that pass needs some working on
i use NYJ defensive playbook anyone got a good plays for stopping the middle pass the deep post passes and the flats and all good plays for stopping pass. Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! 661374 "lol just thought that pic is hillarrious nothing to do what what i said lol Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! 478291
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2010-03-03, 11:58

cover 3 and globally put your LB's in yellow zones, u can also put your DT in a yellow zone and follow the crossing route.
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty2010-03-24, 01:02

yeah i havent seen the wildcat since november
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!   Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dime Formation - STOP THE RUN!!
Page 1 of 1