Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cincityplayer
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-09-30

How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation Empty
PostSubject: How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation   How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation Empty2009-10-01, 08:24

Played a level 19 last night and was winning until a B.S fumble/holding penalty on a kick off that the game would not let me challenge because of the penalty, but thats a a whole different story. I held my own fairly well moved the ball and scored at will, however the one thing I could not stop was his HB in the flats outta of the SG formation. Logically one would think cover 2 but when I called it he read it and just went down the field. Any other d's I could use or any way to desguise the cover 2. I have a friend who I play wh runs the same scheme and I cannot seem to stop him either. I'm using the Chargers and NYJ D play book. any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Masta23
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation   How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation Empty2009-10-03, 12:01

Nickel Odd Split Cover 3. Sub in the right DE on the screen as a LB. Make him both OLBs flat zone or contain so you only got 2 guys rushing. Manually control deep safty over the mid to stopthe deep ball
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation   How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation Empty2009-10-03, 17:15

Cincityplayer wrote:
Played a level 19 last night and was winning until a B.S fumble/holding penalty on a kick off that the game would not let me challenge because of the penalty, but thats a a whole different story. I held my own fairly well moved the ball and scored at will, however the one thing I could not stop was his HB in the flats outta of the SG formation. Logically one would think cover 2 but when I called it he read it and just went down the field. Any other d's I could use or any way to desguise the cover 2. I have a friend who I play wh runs the same scheme and I cannot seem to stop him either. I'm using the Chargers and NYJ D play book. any and all help is greatly appreciated.

The flats are bumping too aggressively. try re-assigning the flat routes to the same light blue flat coverage, same assignment without the bump.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation   How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation Empty

Back to top Go down

How to stop RB in the flats from the Spread or SG formation
Page 1 of 1