Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Defense Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MainEvennt
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-08-26

Defense Help Empty
PostSubject: Defense Help   Defense Help Empty2009-08-26, 12:25

So I've always played Madden pretty casually, but I really want to get deep into it this year. The biggest thing is I need help reading defenses and knowing when the blitz is coming, where I'll have an opening, etc. But besides that I need to learn what defenses to pick in different situations. I read the thread telling the differences between Covers 1, 2, 3, and 4 and it helped in the sense that I never knew the difference before, but didn't really help when I was playing. A few questions...

- I see alot of stuff about Nano Blitzing...what's that? Like an Engage Eight type play?
- When is the right time to choose man coverage/zone coverage?
- I get torn up with passes through the middle...I can't seem to stop it. Good defense against it?

I have been using the Giants and Eagles lately and it seems like the Eagles have a weak defense...or I just suck. Most likely I suck. But last game I played was against the Steelers and it seemed like I couldn't do anything against the run, and plays through the middle.

This is just the beginning of my questions lol. Fun game just frustrating at times. Any help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Defense Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense Help   Defense Help Empty2009-08-26, 12:36

alright. nano blitzes aren't engage eight type plays, but they get very quick pressure. certain plays can be set up to be a nano blitz. the main objective is to take up 2 or 3 O-linemen with 2 or 3 D-linemen, and sending a blitzer into a wide open gap. you have to reblitz some players (X and right stick down) to help. the best way to figure these out is to watch videos or read threads about them. there isn't really a specified time to do man or zone. blitzes are usually man coverage (though not always), and you usually blitz on 1st & 3rd of long. for zone, you can't let the QB sit back in the pocket all day, or someone will get open. zone blitzes aren't bad (fox fire zone is one i like especially), or you could control a DE. passes up the middle are very hard to stop this year. a QB spy and press coverage should suppress it.
Back to top Go down
MainEvennt
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-08-26

Defense Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense Help   Defense Help Empty2009-08-26, 12:44

So Nano's are all blitzes set up manually, correct?

And thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Defense Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense Help   Defense Help Empty2009-08-26, 12:53

yes, all nanos are manually set up. you'll begin to recognize the formations most nanos are used in after you play a little more. the first couple times, you'll probably get sacked. just remember, quick throws to the HB can kill a nano and, if you throw while getting hit, the ball will go high in the air and will likely be picked off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defense Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense Help   Defense Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Defense Help
Page 1 of 1