Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions

Go down 
+2
DaTBa1LHaWK
jleboeuf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jleboeuf
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty
PostSubject: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 13:10

I need help...

I have always enjoyed the Madden franchise since the early 90's. I have never been an excellent Madden player, but as the series has progressed I have become discouraged as I am lacking the strategy to lead a good offense.

I don't play much online, and maybe should, but do play often against my brother.

Now here's my problem: I hold my own running the ball and playing defense (for the most part). I'm not great at play selection, but what really kills me is turnovers (specifically interceptions).

I throw WAY to many interceptions (6 or more a game) and there is no way I'm going to win a game with that stat. I understand that interceptions to a degree depending on what's going on with the play cannot be completely eliminated but I need your help understanding how I can reduce the number of interceptions.

Please help me by letting me know your strategy. Please post like I'm a complete idiot, because I am, and provide some helpful hints on passing the ball and reading the defense.
Thanks, -John death
Back to top Go down
http://www.johniebravo.com
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 13:19

u throwin INTs in man? or zone? or both?
Back to top Go down
jleboeuf
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 13:26

DaTBa1LHaWK-

It really doesn't seem to matter. I can throw inside, outside, down the middle, post and I'm doing something wrong. Maybe just the mechanics of using the controller properly to throw the ball... maybe reading the defense. Most likely some poor decisions on my part.

I trend to lock on to a receive before the play starts, and that's who I generally throw to. I do look at other receivers, but for the most part I stick with that guy. I've tried throwing to other players, and normally when I throw I hit and hold the button down hard while holding the left stick up (trying to throw over the defenders. Inevitably a man in front of my receive picks the ball off and it doesn't sail over the opponents head like I would hope.

I think some general mechanics explained to me on how to correctly work offensive passing would help, and then of course practice.

Thanks, -John
Back to top Go down
GBPACKERSFTW
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 13:30

I try not to Watch my WR's at all. The only time i do is to check for BnR. You have to look where your goign to throw the ball before you throw it, and if theres a defender there, you certainly cant throw it there. Watch the Safties. If they spread try a post down the middle, watch out for the MLB as well. If they drop in different levels its prolly a cover 3 or 1.

Also try to run WR screens if you have a fast WR....They work best agaisnt zone and its almost impossible to mess up on the throw.
Back to top Go down
jleboeuf
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 13:34

GBPACKERSFTW-

Any and all advice is appreciated. I'll take the above into consideration and give it some practice time to see how it fairs. Thank you very much. -John
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 13:42

jleboeuf wrote:
DaTBa1LHaWK-

It really doesn't seem to matter. I can throw inside, outside, down the middle, post and I'm doing something wrong. Maybe just the mechanics of using the controller properly to throw the ball... maybe reading the defense. Most likely some poor decisions on my part.

I trend to lock on to a receive before the play starts, and that's who I generally throw to. I do look at other receivers, but for the most part I stick with that guy. I've tried throwing to other players, and normally when I throw I hit and hold the button down hard while holding the left stick up (trying to throw over the defenders. Inevitably a man in front of my receive picks the ball off and it doesn't sail over the opponents head like I would hope.

I think some general mechanics explained to me on how to correctly work offensive passing would help, and then of course practice.

Thanks, -John

yea i used to lock on to receivers also until i started gettin better.. always b4 a play set ur 1st, 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th and 5th reads.. if ur 1st read isnt open, look at the 2nd to see if he is open etc.. this helped me get passed the locking on to receiver problem.. u just always gotta tell urself who ur guna look at and when..
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 13:51

Always put someoneon a drag route so u can look all over the field and if u get preasure on u, u will have a quick safe check down man.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
jleboeuf
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 14:04

10-4. I normally have a drag route setup and will try the above.

Tell me about how the left (and right) analog sticks affect the quarterback? How should these mechanics be played? Thanks, -John
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 14:13

Left analog is just like the directional pad It just moves ur qb around the field.. Right analog I assume is still the highlight stick, I don't touch it with qbs cuz u will be asking to fumble.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
jleboeuf
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 14:21

But how do the sticks affect throwing a pass? Thanks, -John
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 14:59

You have to mix the run in effectively to keep the defense honest. Also, you cant change your gameplan based on the score or the fact that you fall behind by 7 pts. You may be waiting too long to throw. You have to have a specific idea of what you want to do with each play B4 you go into it. Take time to look at what the defense is doing before the play starts. Watch the linebackers and the safeties. If the safeties come in, you may go deep. If the linebackers blitz, go over the middle. If the corners drop deep, throw to the flats. Learn which routes get open the most, slants, outs, ins, and screens.
Back to top Go down
jleboeuf
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 15:00

jd7680-

Thanks for the tip! I'll work on putting some more thought and be a little more aware of the defense.

All help is appreciated. Thanks, -John
Back to top Go down
erik_aka_jesus
New MS Member
New MS Member
erik_aka_jesus

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty2009-08-18, 15:14

Use motion figure out what the defense is in i.e. (man, zone.) figure out if any line backers r blitzing, also see how far up the safetys r cheating. your just throwing the ball to a crappy route. figure out what the D is in then hot route your people to break the zone or put them in a good situation to catch against the man-2-man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions   Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions Empty

Back to top Go down

Interceptions, Interceptions and More Interceptions
Page 1 of 1