Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??

Go down 
+17
erik_aka_jesus
Aillah
corey23webster
xXBlackiceXx
Anolan14
wookbomber
IRISHFBFAN1
so much swag
joeydee14
HellRellWMU
Baseballa
bigblue723
Crunk
mlb6434
trab
enyo24
jj3
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jj3
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-08-15

HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 13:06

HI GUYS, FOR SOME REASON PEOPLE KNOW WHEN I AM RUNNING AS IF THEY CAN SEE MY PLAY....

IM HAVING A VERY HARD TIME RUNNING THE BALL ON OPONENTS,

IF SOM1 CAN GUIDE ME OR TELL ME SOME GOOD RUNING PLAYS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT THANKS
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 13:07

so you cant run the ball and you cant beat zone defenses. How did you get to 8-0 again?
Back to top Go down
jj3
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 13:08

at that time everthing was working getting picks and wat not, noww idk i cant do anything, its prob beccause iv been using alot diff teams
Back to top Go down
trab
New MS Member
New MS Member
trab

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 13:12

Try running with two TE and a FB. Power O is good out of that formation.
Back to top Go down
mlb6434
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
mlb6434

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 13:40

Once again....use slide protction to your advantage....throw in some motion.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 13:47

Tosses seem to work great this year. Mix in a FB Dive and Power O with the toss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 15:30

First of all, mix runs in even if they're not doing much. I like to throw in some dives and draws early to keep em honest. They get like 2-4 yds, but I'm alright with that. Then I open the D up a little with some passing, maybe hit a play for 30+.. after that I have some outside runs out of the same formation, so that D will be backing off and if I get a block, I'm sprung.
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 16:43

Try pounding the ball.. With the dive then maybe a toss here or there. If there not getting much dont give up. When u finally start to run the ball a little BAM its time for the PA PASS over the top for a touchdown.
Back to top Go down
HellRellWMU
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
HellRellWMU

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 16:48

runs are never easy...you have to stay committed to it..every run cant be for 5-10 yards...u gotta chip away..id rather have a 2nd n 7 or 3rd n 5 than a 3rd n 10...

if u stay committed, ur bound to get a big run sooner or later...just how football works....than u use play actions and draws to ur liking...

i personally dont use PA's alot....they tend to make u rush to pass the ball or its a sack....
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 17:00

Yea Pa passes are risky. So dont over use it. But to throw it in there occasionally is effective.
Back to top Go down
joeydee14
New MS Member
New MS Member
joeydee14

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-15, 18:09

maybe its just me but it seems like the elusive backs are a lot easier to run w/ than the power backs from my experience it used to be the opp. try using smaller backs and tossing to the outsides
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 01:11

if anybody like"s 2 run the ball?????? BALTIMORE"S PLAYBOOK.....all the running stlyes u need...trust you"ll thank me later.. Thank You dueses...out
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 01:49

HellRellWMU wrote:
runs are never easy...you have to stay committed to it..every run cant be for 5-10 yards...u gotta chip away..id rather have a 2nd n 7 or 3rd n 5 than a 3rd n 10...

if u stay committed, ur bound to get a big run sooner or later...just how football works....than u use play actions and draws to ur liking...

i personally dont use PA's alot....they tend to make u rush to pass the ball or its a sack....

Great post and so true! Only thing is, I don't have the problem with alot of sacks with PA.
Its a big part of my game, and I do play people who like to bring the house. I think if you are running the ball well, and especially vs another user or human, then that will obviously increase your effectiveness with PA. This along with slide protection, and calling PA on first down at times mixing it up will help greatly. I always try to find PA'S that have blue routes associated with them. This gives you a little more protection as well as having zone busters.
Back to top Go down
wookbomber
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 08:21

it seems to me that running with the speed backs like johnson and westbrook and getting them outside is really affective so far this year. The full back dives not as good as last year either in my opinion
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 13:55

They added more hesitation to the FB dive to make it realistic
Back to top Go down
Anolan14
New MS Member
New MS Member
Anolan14

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 14:11

people dont realize that a 3-4 yard run is actually a decent carry so if u keep chipping away u will find the endzone soon enough
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 14:18

Running cn b very effective it helps u control the game big time. But knw wat type of back u have. For ex u r not gona try to run to the outside wit gore or jacobs but westbrook n chris johnson u will hybrid backs like LT N PETERSON cn do both effectively also watch the dline n liebackers to c where they r shifting
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
corey23webster
New MS Member
New MS Member
corey23webster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 14:40

Follow your blockers and hit the hole. You can't dance around and run directly outside in 10.
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 17:48

I think that power backs have made a big impact in this game. I used to dodge Marion barber usage with cowboys, and now he just seems to truck everyone to the ground.

I've been practising alot on runs this year aswell and as people say its about patience. How ever I do find difficulty running when I play on All-Madden instead of All-Pro. Of course it's harder but I dont really seem to get a real flow like I do on All-Pro. Using Cards Wells btw, even though he is a rookie he has made really big plays for me, on All-Pro though Razz Stuffed in the back field is more likely for me atm Razz
Back to top Go down
erik_aka_jesus
New MS Member
New MS Member
erik_aka_jesus

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 17:53

dont hold turbo from jump street when rushin
Back to top Go down
LEGEND0RMYTH
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 21:55

what are you tlking bout with turbo?
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 21:57

dont start off the run holding turbo.. wait til u find a hole to run thru then hold turbo..
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 22:30

i love the run on madden10. all you have to do is "follow" your blockers. THAT'S IT!! don't hold the turbo button down ....wait until you see the hole/seam and then turbo to get through it. i literally have Cedric Peerman (rookie) on the Ravens averaging 110-125 yrds per game!

also....read the defenders to the side that you are running. if i am running to the right...i read both the DE and LB to that side. if the DE rushes to the outside...i cut the run to the inside allowing my blockers to kick him out. if the DE goes to the inside....i bounce it to the outside allowing my blockers to wedge him in.

on my pitches and tosses....i just count the number of defenders and which ever side has the least amount...i flip the play and run it to that side. this years game makes you get back to the "basics" and "fundamentals" of football. I am diggin it!
Back to top Go down
LEGEND0RMYTH
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-16, 22:39

good to know,thanks, C.J. #28 Here I come!
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty2009-08-17, 10:52

I dont turbo at all. Guess im gonna try it turboing throw the whole and reading def more. I have been reading def and dancing around, just never seem to be able to dance my way past 3 yards gain very often Razz

Militant X 1 you dont dance/juke?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??   HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY?? Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW TO RUN THE BALL AFFECTIVELY??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next