Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

When you run the ball...

Go down 
+7
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
TheGio-Gio
Mcnair2Wycheck
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
huh1231
jsmall28
Champ_28
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

When you run the ball... Empty
PostSubject: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-22, 20:19

which way do you slide protect. i would say i am a overall successful runner and heres how i do it... when im running up the middle(dive, iso, zone) i slide protect away from the side i am running and use motion and hike the ball when the motion man is in the gap i want him to block.....for tosses, pitches, power o, and sweeps i slide protect toward the side i run and use motion to give me an extra guy blocking at the very end of the o line...it seems to work unless i face some1 who is a beast at run-stopping or has some defensive play that shut everything down...i'd say on average i get about 80-120 yards a game...what do you guys do when running the ball?
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-22, 20:55

i've tried slide protecting, and it only hurt me. it usually helps most people, so it's probably just me. but i just like to rush it without any slide protection and i do fairly well with the running game. 100+ most of the time.
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-22, 21:01

i know wat u mean when u say the opposite slide protecting the opposite side when running up the middle but my first thought was "wtf is the opposite of the middle?"...
Back to top Go down
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-22, 21:50

i only slide protect on tosses
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-22, 22:30

It's difficult to say. You almost have to read the way the D-line is set up and imagine in your head who would be blocking whom if you were to slide protect a certain way.
Back to top Go down
TheGio-Gio
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-22, 22:48

i found this thing just today.

when your running dive or iso you just need to pinch or lineUP[Agressive]

if you are running zone, strech or slant [right] you slide protect to the right and pick a hole thats open,

if you run a counter you need to slide protect the other way where the play is going.

with power its different sometimes i slide protect to where the play is going or sometimes just Agressife Up.

Try it out

One

AMSTERDAMNN
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-22, 23:53

whenever i run the middle i slide prtect aggressive and the other then that if i have like 2 tight ends on one side of the line, i will run the way but slide protect the opposite way so the tightend will block off the edge and you cang et a clean shot to the outside

it works really good for me so tell me how it works for you
Back to top Go down
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-23, 11:21

thanks you all for your replies and advice....lately it seems so hard to get people to take time to reply
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-24, 01:50

i dont slide protect to much unless i no that one side is going to get jacked with a blitz... i have been trying to run more lately cuz i want to be able to get dirty with it cuz if you can run then you will win sooo much more... the main thing is not using turbo cuz when you use it you dont break tackles at all and you cant cut as well... i only use turbo when im just about through the whole and then when i am about to use highlight stick i let go of turbo... it gives you a better chance to break a tackle...
Back to top Go down
DaBears-Rawr-
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-24, 02:39

Here is how i do it.. if its up the gut and i want a constant number i gotta go with slide down. If i need a push, aggressive.
For outside runs it depends on the D. If they are lining up where im going im either slide protect aggressive or with them and to the side im running to ( left or right). if they are evenly spread i would slide away or aggressive since i wanna keep the d on on side of the field
It also depends on how the game is doing. If u arent getting the outside push maybe u should slide protect where u running so u guys move as a unit instead of aggressive where u guys are trying to just hit some guys

i dont run it as much as i used to on the 360 last madden when i avg 200 a game but i still avg 111 a game with the bolts ( love LT Smile )
Back to top Go down
L3G3ND K1LL3R
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
L3G3ND K1LL3R

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-24, 22:38

Slide protect on tosses Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.houstontexans.com
jordo2323
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty2009-12-25, 16:42

I have never used slide protect and currently rush for a 150+ average a game. I think it's more useful to put your receivers in motion intelligently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you run the ball...   When you run the ball... Empty

Back to top Go down

When you run the ball...
Page 1 of 1