Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Breaking Down Zone Coverage

Go down 
+8
wookbomber
bigblue723
skyleralan
Baseballa
enyo24
BoRi ChiCaMoTe
lilp73716
halljam
12 posters
AuthorMessage
halljam
New MS Member
New MS Member
halljam

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-15, 04:14

I use the packers and i can get down the field easy if opponent runs mostly man but when they run cover 3 press, my offense becomes stagnant. I use the NE offense

Any ideas on how to breakdown the cover 3 press. So far i notice that i can get little 5 yarders over the middle and i can get a few curl routes. But i want to take advantage of the safety over the middle maybe send 2 wrs in the middle and force him to choose. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Back to top Go down
lilp73716
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-15, 04:36

try doin corner routes from the slot
Back to top Go down
BoRi ChiCaMoTe
New MS Member
New MS Member
BoRi ChiCaMoTe

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-15, 13:05

HEY GET AT ME I USE NE PLAYBOOK AND I AM VERY SUCESSFUL AGAINS ZONE OR MAN YOU GOT A PS3? IF YOU DO HIT ME UP MY SCREEN NAME IS XBOL
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-15, 13:06

screen plays work well against the zone. And if the guy is running zone the entire game, then running the ball should be very easy.
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-15, 16:49

Just be sure to mix it up with stuff. Dont run the same stuff over and over. Have a gameplan
Back to top Go down
skyleralan
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-15, 16:52

I am having trouble with zone coverage too, I just can't crack it. The crosses don't work and I can't hit anything up the seam. Curls seem useless too!
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-15, 17:04

Use that slot screen and also hit corner routes where purple zone defenders would be and also deep in's vs cov 3.
Back to top Go down
wookbomber
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-16, 08:28

try using bunch formations
Back to top Go down
skyleralan
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-16, 12:35

bigblue723 wrote:
Use that slot screen and also hit corner routes where purple zone defenders would be and also deep in's vs cov 3.

The corners do work, but you definitely have to have time. Also, deep ins work, but you almost need that receiver to have good speed to seperate. Drags work, but if you are under pressure just take too long.
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-16, 12:50

Use out patterns by your slot receivers, i've been having tremendous success with this. Seems to work on just about any defense. Remember to use your TE effectively, in a cover 3 you'll be able to hit him on a streak about 12 yards out after he clear the linebacker.
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-17, 01:21

use level plays
Back to top Go down
BSleezy707
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-17, 02:36

skyleralan wrote:
bigblue723 wrote:

The corners do work, but you definitely have to have time. Also, deep ins work, but you almost need that receiver to have good speed to seperate. Drags work, but if you are under pressure just take too long.

Deep ins DO work well against Cover 3, usually I like to have my outside WR run a smart route in and have the slot WR run a streak to clear out the safety. Also, I've found that little dink and dunk curls work well between the numbers
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty2009-08-18, 09:00

If you are using the NE playbook, its pretty easy.

Gun Split Slot
HB slip screen
Slants (wait till your left WR gets off the bump, then hit him, if he's blitzing you may need to hold a back or two in to block)
689 Hook - Smart route the slot receiver. You have him going quick over the middle, also you can use the HB's route like a HB circle, pass lead in when he starts his break.

Gun Dbls Wing TE
Flanker Screen
Slot Screen
HB Slip Screen
HB Direct Snap
Z Spot

Cover 3, even cover 3 press, is one of the easier D's to beat. Against the Press, the key is to make sure you have just enough protection to hold out against the rush till a guy gets clean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Down Zone Coverage   Breaking Down Zone Coverage Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking Down Zone Coverage
Page 1 of 1