Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

man coverage or zone?

Go down 
+3
Militant X 1
mcfart01
hansoloishere
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hansoloishere
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-20

man coverage or zone? Empty
PostSubject: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty2009-05-14, 04:25

Hi all, am new at this so it may seem like a dumb question.

I understand that zone coverage puts your men in zones and man coverage marks each man. or so i think. But what is the difference between them? For example what is best to play against the pass and what against the run, or is it irrelevant. I seemed to get hammered what ever defence i play.

Also on the posts people speak of the lab??????
What is this............or am i just a bit thick. death
Back to top Go down
mcfart01
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty2009-05-14, 09:17

zone with with a little bit of zone blitz never call man def this year becuz it suxk cock this year on madden 09
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty2009-05-14, 09:56

i play a lot of zone and i use zone blitzes as mc mentioned above. however, i am also fond of man blitzes as well.
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty2009-05-14, 12:26

stay in zone coverage, but man is better for the run because they react to the run faster, but try to get a good mix of both when ur playing
Back to top Go down
DABEAST7194
New MS Member
New MS Member
DABEAST7194

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty2009-05-14, 19:25

tuki94 wrote:
stay in zone coverage, but man is better for the run because they react to the run faster, but try to get a good mix of both when ur playing

yes, i agree. i try and mix in my mn w/ my zone. my rules are run man only if your nanoing or using the raiders or i will tear you up
Back to top Go down
Free411
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty2009-05-18, 11:35

Yo man defense actually isnt that bad in madden 09 if you alter the original play, man defense is actually better than zone cause the holes wont be as big now its just a matter of whether your man will get beat, but is actually amazing the best play in madden 09 is the 2 Man Under out of the 3-4 add a couple of zones to it and its straight up lock down also man is very veratile cause you can always change zones and leave certain ppl manned up....llike the way i set my man defense its tough to pass on, of couse you will get passes off but not little BS passes and its stops the run and screen
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty2009-05-18, 14:11

Free411 wrote:
Yo man defense actually isnt that bad in madden 09 if you alter the original play, man defense is actually better than zone cause the holes wont be as big now its just a matter of whether your man will get beat, but is actually amazing the best play in madden 09 is the 2 Man Under out of the 3-4 add a couple of zones to it and its straight up lock down also man is very veratile cause you can always change zones and leave certain ppl manned up....llike the way i set my man defense its tough to pass on, of couse you will get passes off but not little BS passes and its stops the run and screen
yea u should never run a defensive play as is, always try adding something to it like u said make a hybrid defense
Back to top Go down
Free411
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty2009-05-18, 15:15

Yea the reason why people think man is bad is becuase they run straight up man d without changin it at all the thing about man is you have to add the right zones and it is amazing not as many holes as zone defense
Back to top Go down
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty2009-06-13, 23:12

man coverage sucks dis year so the majority of the time u want to run zone coverage but if anything most people run on the first down of their drive so u might want to run man because it stops the run betta without having to bring any pressure...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: man coverage or zone?   man coverage or zone? Empty

Back to top Go down

man coverage or zone?
Page 1 of 1