Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Ravens Official Thread

Go down 
+23
NO LUN@T1K
24Marion24
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
Sun
mlb6434
-iBleedGreen-
Lake RuNz 508
xMattex
jwhite
Big Hungry 702
JimShoe31
Fudgy
TheDon270
Baseballa
DaTBa1LHaWK
xXBlackiceXx
JROCK275
Devo
Beavis
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Swag Escobar
BOSTN BEANER
Militant X 1
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-16, 16:07

just because a team is considered a "running" team....doesn't mean that they shouldn't have good, solid, high-quality wrs in their stable to stretch the ball deep...AT WILL...in the air! that is the problem! the Ravens NEED a solid "deep threat" presence in a WR. until they get that....EVERYONE will continue to say that it is ONLY their defense that is good.

i have always said that Mason was good...but that he was not a "deep threat" type of wr in the likes of a T.O., Chad Johnson (Ocho), or Randy Moss. once the Ravens get that....look out!
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-17, 04:20

those Wrs are Hit or Miss tho... you get one of those Wrs like once every 5 years
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-17, 09:41

DaBawseSwag wrote:
those Wrs are Hit or Miss tho... you get one of those Wrs like once every 5 years

not really! it just depends on what a team's focus is on. and the truth of the matter is that the Ravens have NEVER focused on a high impact deep threat WR to stretch the field at will. Never! they have decent wrs but their focus has always been on the defense.

that worked in 2005 to get them to the superbowl...but now...they need to be more "well-balanced" on BOTH SIDES of the ball. afterall...it is the OFFENSE that puts points on the board and if you can't do that....then you can't beat teams like the Patriots or the Colts. let's be real....no one fears the Ravens offensively!
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-17, 14:45

but those teams that u mentioned didnt make it as far as the ravens in the playoffs.....new england doesnt really need moss they have a Defense and great offensive system... new england has won bowls with s*** WRs.. pittsburgh won bowls with randel el and hines ward lol i mean even now they dont have an awesome offense they just have something...and a great Defense.. when it came down to it the two teams with a great defense and a lesser offense battled it out in the afc championship game....the Defense beat the better O in the Bowl..and they had larry who wasnt doing all these things he does on a weaker D..a good offense means nothing if u cant score on that D... the colts cant score on the steelers at will... tom brady has trouble with them... we almost beat the pats that year they went undefeated we were the first to almost beat them and that was with randy moss.... i am verrry confident in the ravens this year if we had 8 blockers and only clayton and mason going on routes and we made it to the AFC champion game... with a open playbook they can do things
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-17, 14:50

it has been 25 bust WRs drafted in the first round alone from 1998-2007 and only 15 people who i would consider not bust... its a very hit and miss postition... WRs can look great in college and during the combine and be fast as s*** and cant do s*** on an NFL Field and the ravens did focus on WR at some point which is why mark clayton was taken in the first round and that didnt pan out that well at all and i wanted him to do good its only 1 well balanced team i can truely think of and that is SD but when it comes down to it SD hasnt made it to the bowl and they have been to the playoffs every year as long as i can remember and those types of WRs are Hit and Miss.... check out how many WRs were drafted in the first round since Moss and compare how many sucked and how many came out great
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-17, 19:17

DaBawseSwag wrote:
but those teams that u mentioned didnt make it as far as the ravens in the playoffs.....new england doesnt really need moss they have a Defense and great offensive system... new england has won bowls with s*** WRs.. pittsburgh won bowls with randel el and hines ward lol i mean even now they dont have an awesome offense they just have something...and a great Defense.. when it came down to it the two teams with a great defense and a lesser offense battled it out in the afc championship game....the Defense beat the better O in the Bowl..and they had larry who wasnt doing all these things he does on a weaker D..a good offense means nothing if u cant score on that D... the colts cant score on the steelers at will... tom brady has trouble with them... we almost beat the pats that year they went undefeated we were the first to almost beat them and that was with randy moss.... i am verrry confident in the ravens this year if we had 8 blockers and only clayton and mason going on routes and we made it to the AFC champion game... with a open playbook they can do things

first...NE didn't win bowls with crappy wrs. they won with good wrs that was used properly in their system...they were making plays all over the place! and second...the Colts always gives the Ravens fits...not defensively...but their offense! their O scored on the Ravens D on the regular! and finally...sure...the Steelers O may have "something" as you say...but right now....that something is better than the Ravens O! it took them to the Superbowl victory. remember...they came back and won that game on a drive! could the Ravens present O make a drive like that to bring them back from "behind" and win a game? i highly doubt it!

listen....i am confident in the Ravens defense bruh! always have been. but...it is this "lesser" offense where they are concerned is what all my posts are about! bottom line...to me (maybe not you) the Ravens need to make an upgrade at the WR position because until they do....like in last season....they will just keep settling for 3pts and hope the Defense carries them.

last season was interesting and magical! but i don't and wouldn't expect all of them to be like that! so hopefully flacco will be turned lose and the other young pup wrs can step up and make plays for him. we shall see!
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-17, 20:30

Militant X 1 wrote:
DaBawseSwag wrote:

first...NE didn't win bowls with crappy wrs. they won with good wrs that was used properly in their system...they were making plays all over the place! and second...the Colts always gives the Ravens fits...not defensively...but their offense! their O scored on the Ravens D on the regular! and finally...sure...the Steelers O may have "something" as you say...but right now....that something is better than the Ravens O! it took them to the Superbowl victory. remember...they came back and won that game on a drive! could the Ravens present O make a drive like that to bring them back from "behind" and win a game? i highly doubt it!

listen....i am confident in the Ravens defense bruh! always have been. but...it is this "lesser" offense where they are concerned is what all my posts are about! bottom line...to me (maybe not you) the Ravens need to make an upgrade at the WR position because until they do....like in last season....they will just keep settling for 3pts and hope the Defense carries them.

last season was interesting and magical! but i don't and wouldn't expect all of them to be like that! so hopefully flacco will be turned lose and the other young pup wrs can step up and make plays for him. we shall see!
yeah thats a pretty good point mili. i think if they got some solid receivers they'd be an elite team.get a deep threat to complement clayton who is a solid possession receiver and let joe flacco use that big arm to stretch the field
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 01:15

all im saying is you cant really judge last season because we had about 4 WRs riding the bench because we had 8 blocks at one time and todd heap was blocking... so u cant really say wat we dont have until this year... we ran 3 wr only when D williams was healthy after he went down they shut down the offense..it was 8 blocks and clayton and mason..remember this is the same offense that went 13-3 under mcnair 2 years ago before he broke down the following year
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 01:16

if mcgahee returns to form the ravens offense will jump
Back to top Go down
JROCK275
New MS Member
New MS Member
JROCK275

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 10:13

f*** dat
id rather have better defense then offense

i kno u will eventually need offense 2 succeed but defense wins championships!

look at da steelers...no offense , and definately no o-line, no rb, 2 ok recievers
there defense got em were they needed 2 be
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 15:13

JROCK275 wrote:
f*** dat

look at da steelers...no offense , and definately no o-line, no rb, 2 ok recievers
but when the steelers D got torched by larry fitzgerald for that td the offense had to step it up which they did. the offense won that game and the championship
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 15:37

devo408 wrote:
JROCK275 wrote:
f*** dat

but when the steelers D got torched by larry fitzgerald for that td the offense had to step it up which they did. the offense won that game and the championship

yea but theres no way that offence is at the superbowl if its not for their D.. and u must be forgetting the kurt warner interception in the endzone at the end of the first half.... Defence wins championships and if it wasnt for the steelers D the offence would have never been in that game... just cuz they need a last minute drive doesnt mean that the offence won the chamionship...
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 15:50

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:
JROCK275 wrote:
f*** dat

yea but theres no way that offence is at the superbowl if its not for their D.. and u must be forgetting the kurt warner interception in the endzone at the end of the first half.... Defence wins championships and if it wasnt for the steelers D the offence would have never been in that game... just cuz they need a last minute drive doesnt mean that the offence won the chamionship...

well im wasnt sayin that defense doesnt win championships at all. but a good defense cant carry a team to a super bowl. the last team to do it was the buccaneers andyou see how far they went that next year without that offense. i agree defense does win championships but there comes a point where you need at least a decent offense to win you games because you cant depend on the defense to score for you consistently. thats really all i was trying to say
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 16:03

and the ravens have done it before with trent dilfer as their qb... that offence jus had to not turn the ball over and they were gona win.. whos to say they cant carry joe flacco the same way?
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 21:38

thats what im saying lol if u can go 2 Wrs all year long and make the afc championship game just imagine this year when flacco actually commands the offense...we havent seen s*** yet...
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 23:36

yall should try to get Brandon Marshall...that will help flacco out alot...
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-18, 23:38

TheDon270 wrote:

or you could trade ray lewis, suggs, and ed reed for desean jackson

america
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-19, 00:08

[MSOG] Fudgy wrote:
TheDon270 wrote:

or you could trade ray lewis, suggs, and ed reed for desean jackson

america

sounds like ur still in fantasy football mindset with that rediculous offer!!!
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-19, 00:21

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
and the ravens have done it before with trent dilfer as their qb... that offence jus had to not turn the ball over and they were gona win.. whos to say they cant carry joe flacco the same way?
im not sayin it cant happen but the AFC's elite teams all have a big play guy on offense that can change the game. it wasnt like that in 2000 when trent dilfer was playin. im just sayin until the ravens get that big play guy on offense every body has they'll be goin home after the AFC championship game just like last year. especially wit tom brady comin back this year
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-19, 00:31

but at the same time how do u know we dont have that special guy that comes off the bench every year and takes over s***?? im not saying we do but s*** happens
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-19, 00:33

DaBawseSwag wrote:
but at the same time how do u know we dont have that special guy that comes off the bench every year and takes over s***?? im not saying we do but s*** happens
lol well i dont know for sure im just goin on last year. but i hope they do surprise me this year im a big flacco fan so i hope he does good
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-19, 09:45

BOSTN BEANER wrote:

i agree with this to a point! sure...my Ravens defense is slamming! THAT IS A GIVEN!!! everyone knows that already! so we have been there-done that! but my question is this...."Why does the Ravens defense ALWAYS have to carry the offense?" when you mention the Ravens.....everyone knows you are talking about the defense first. to me....we need to be more balanced on both sides of the ball. and even though everyone keeps saying that the steelers offense isn't any good....they can win "come-from-behind" games like a mug! can my Ravens O do that if they were down 14 or 21 pts?

the NFL **** just had a special about the "Top 10 Myths" in the NFL. the #2 Myth was.... "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!" they say that it was true for the Ravens of 2000 and for the Bucs against the Raiders....but now...this statement is starting to be incorrect because of the "Passing Attack!" the 1999 Rams offense destroyed ALL defenses that year....including the Ravens on their way to the Superbowl and even the Steelers OFFENSE with that catch by Holmes finished off the Cardinals!

besides....most of you cats and so-called Ravens fans don't even run the Ravens online in madden09 (BUT I DO) because you feel that they don't have any or enough offense for you to win and now you are in here trying to pup up their O all of a sudden? stupid
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-19, 12:15

Militant X 1 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:

i agree with this to a point! sure...my Ravens defense is slamming! THAT IS A GIVEN!!! everyone knows that already! so we have been there-done that! but my question is this...."Why does the Ravens defense ALWAYS have to carry the offense?" when you mention the Ravens.....everyone knows you are talking about the defense first. to me....we need to be more balanced on both sides of the ball. and even though everyone keeps saying that the steelers offense isn't any good....they can win "come-from-behind" games like a mug! can my Ravens O do that if they were down 14 or 21 pts?

the NFL **** just had a special about the "Top 10 Myths" in the NFL. the #2 Myth was.... "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!" they say that it was true for the Ravens of 2000 and for the Bucs against the Raiders....but now...this statement is starting to be incorrect because of the "Passing Attack!" the 1999 Rams offense destroyed ALL defenses that year....including the Ravens on their way to the Superbowl and even the Steelers OFFENSE with that catch by Holmes finished off the Cardinals!

besides....most of you cats and so-called Ravens fans don't even run the Ravens online in madden09 (BUT I DO) because you feel that they don't have any or enough offense for you to win and now you are in here trying to pup up their O all of a sudden? stupid

lol u know i can get their O poppin in madden... i understand that u can say that the passing attack wins games, thats never been the question... the real saying is "Offence wins games, defence wins championships!!" No doubt offence wins games but the team with the best defence wins in the superbowl for a reason... 2007 patriots may have been the best offence ever and lost to the Giants cuz they had a better defence... they couldnt go out there and outscore us, nobody could... Last year Steelers vs Arizona, well when did everyone take the Cards serious?? in the playoffs cuz their defence emerged in the playoffs and was able to hold teams to 20 pts.. if that d held teams to 20 pts ur gona win a lot of games because their O is gona score more then 20 pts most of the time and im pretty sure thats what ur getting at is u want an O that can score 24 pts a game so ur D doesnt have to hold opponents to 17, 14, 10 pts to win... but reguardless Defence is still what wins championships, u know i love offence and if i was a ravens fan i would be pissed that its been below avg for years now too...
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-19, 12:49

[quote="BOSTN BEANER"]
Militant X 1 wrote:
u know i love offence and if i was a ravens fan i would be pissed that its been below avg for years now too...

FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY!!

this is what i have been saying all along! you know that i am a Ravens fan. through and through. i ride with my boys....PERIOD!!! but what you just said here and what i have been saying all along (as a fan)...is their "reality" offensively. it has been below average for years now! even when they made their superbowl run. my question is.... "when are they going to focus on bring it up?"
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty2009-07-19, 14:30

nows the right time for them to do it they got their best qb in years(no knock on mcnair). just hope they give my boy flacco some weapons soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Official Thread   Ravens Official Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ravens Official Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next