Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Coverage problems from 46 defense

Go down 
+4
Fudgy
Militant X 1
KidProDiiGy
alc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alc
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty
PostSubject: Coverage problems from 46 defense   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty2009-05-12, 10:17

I am having major problems trying to play the 46 defense scheme. Evertime i try to play this defense i git lit up verus the pass. I try to put my linebackers in zones and my ends playing the flats and sometimes i put them in curl flats zones. But im being dog by curls and slants and steaks and option routes. I go to ther orther sets and mix in coverage plays but i seem to come up short, so i ask how can i get better in coverage using the 46 defense? The team that i use is the bears so if anybody could offer me some helpful information on how to solve this problem i would appreciated and thanks i hope to hear from you soon im out alc queen
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Coverage problems from 46 defense   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty2009-05-13, 19:01

alc wrote:
I am having major problems trying to play the 46 defense scheme. Evertime i try to play this defense i git lit up verus the pass. I try to put my linebackers in zones and my ends playing the flats and sometimes i put them in curl flats zones. But im being dog by curls and slants and steaks and option routes. I go to ther orther sets and mix in coverage plays but i seem to come up short, so i ask how can i get better in coverage using the 46 defense? The team that i use is the bears so if anybody could offer me some helpful information on how to solve this problem i would appreciated and thanks i hope to hear from you soon im out alc queen

what system do u play on we can lab sometime if ur on 360
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Coverage problems from 46 defense   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty2009-05-14, 01:54

i feel you bruh! my passing defense out of the 4-6 gets smoked sometimes as well. i must admit....i can play the pass a whole lot better out of the 3-4 defense but i really like the qb pressure that the 4-6 can bring. hopefully things will be balanced out in madden10 and all of the major fronts 34, 43 and 46 will be nice to run.
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Coverage problems from 46 defense   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty2009-06-01, 19:45

46 pb is a pb that is used for blitzing

there are tones of blitzes that you can find to bring pressure pretty quickly all you need to do is lab it out

here's a play
46 normal - cover 3

make the LDE (left on screen) go on contain and reblitz the rest of the line
make one of your lb's blitz and place him on the line of scrimmage between the RDT and RDE (right on screen)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
ELeiser17
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Coverage problems from 46 defense   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty2009-06-14, 20:42

The 46 is a defense that is designed to shut down the run, that is why you are having problems.
Back to top Go down
Yungboi76
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Yungboi76

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: I   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty2009-06-14, 22:06

ELeiser17 wrote:
The 46 is a defense that is designed to shut down the run, that is why you are having problems.

Exactly. That is why the SS plays at the LOS. 46 is a run stopping defense and the short passing game at the most. Not sure in what capacity u r using the 46. If your opp is passing out of 2 backs, 2 wrs and 1 te sets you should be ok. But if you are using the 46 against 3 wrs, 4 wrs and 5 wrs sets you are going to continue to have issues stopping the pass. Another thing you might want to consider is your personnel. The team you are using might not be equipped to run this formation. I see that alot with some people. For example if you don't have a decent LB corp why run a 34. I would make sure that the squad you are using have the right personnel to run the 46. Then make sure u r using the defense in the right situation.
Back to top Go down
ELeiser17
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Coverage problems from 46 defense   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty2009-06-15, 14:25

Quote :
Another thing you might want to consider is your personnel. The team you are using might not be equipped to run this formation. I see that alot with some people. I would make sure that the squad you are using have the right personnel to run the 46.

This is a huge factor in running a 46 defense. You can't just take any team and think you can put 8 in the box. Very few teams have the right personnel to use this formation. You need a lot of speed for this defense, the Raiders are a perfect example.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Coverage problems from 46 defense   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty2009-06-15, 18:04

ELeiser17 wrote:

my god that was such a sexy thing to say..............i love the slightest bit of football knowledge
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Coverage problems from 46 defense   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty2009-06-22, 10:42

46 was not meant for all out coverage, it has 4 d-linemen and 3 LB's.. 2 CB. It is best to just nano with it. I dont recommend it against people who throw deep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coverage problems from 46 defense   Coverage problems from 46 defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Coverage problems from 46 defense
Page 1 of 1