Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

My 46 defense problems...

Go down 
+4
mr_migz
Th3 Ac3r
B-__-R-__-B
David noooooooo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David noooooooo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
David noooooooo

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-04-11

My 46 defense problems... Empty
PostSubject: My 46 defense problems...   My 46 defense problems... Empty2010-01-16, 16:36

Aight so ive run 46 defense since the game came out and i have games where im destroying kids and i have games where people are just straight ripping me off for big gains.

My base defensive play is Cover 2 hawk and it doesnt bring pressure so it gives the qb alotta time to throw and they usually pick it off by throwing down the middle and the area between the flats and deep third. ITS STUPID BECAUSE IT HAS TWO LINEBACKERS/CORNERS IN BUZZ ZONES and they still cant ccover it..

I nano with Inside blitz/ safety fire/ cover 1/ the whole enchilada and it gets great pressure until i play some dude that kills it with slant routes, or LOBS TO FITZGERALD OR MOSS etc. i take away the flats pretty good but they kill it with quick slants or lobs..

everytime i nano i like to press coverage but it seems like my corners are always getting killed at the line of scrimage and their receivers get wide open.

I cant stop the run very well so i nano the hell out of it and usually all my losses are on the inconsistency of my defense..
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: My 46 defense problems...   My 46 defense problems... Empty2010-01-16, 17:24

ive had similar problems when i run the 46 maybe im just not meant to run it. lol i have trouble when people run on it seems like everyone gets pinned inside and the back bounces it outside or everyone get driven outside leaving this gaping hole in my line. i really like the 46 and have nothing bad to say about it cuz i know its a good formation i just gotta learn how to use it better.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: My 46 defense problems...   My 46 defense problems... Empty2010-01-16, 19:15

your problem is that you nano all the time,and a good player will rip you for 70
Back to top Go down
mr_migz
New MS Member
New MS Member
mr_migz

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: My 46 defense problems...   My 46 defense problems... Empty2010-01-16, 22:08

David noooooooo wrote:
Aight so ive run 46 defense since the game came out and i have games where im destroying kids and i have games where people are just straight ripping me off for big gains.

My base defensive play is Cover 2 hawk and it doesnt bring pressure so it gives the qb alotta time to throw and they usually pick it off by throwing down the middle and the area between the flats and deep third. ITS STUPID BECAUSE IT HAS TWO LINEBACKERS/CORNERS IN BUZZ ZONES and they still cant ccover it..

I nano with Inside blitz/ safety fire/ cover 1/ the whole enchilada and it gets great pressure until i play some dude that kills it with slant routes, or LOBS TO FITZGERALD OR MOSS etc. i take away the flats pretty good but they kill it with quick slants or lobs..

everytime i nano i like to press coverage but it seems like my corners are always getting killed at the line of scrimage and their receivers get wide open.

I cant stop the run very well so i nano the hell out of it and usually all my losses are on the inconsistency of my defense..

what formation is Cover 2 hawk ? My 46 defense problems... 129442
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: My 46 defense problems...   My 46 defense problems... Empty2010-01-16, 22:11

David, put the corners in buzz zones and put the LB's in flat zones. the corners press the WR at the line so it covers the corners, and the flats get covered well too.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
chaoticbuc3125
New MS Member
New MS Member
chaoticbuc3125

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: My 46 defense problems...   My 46 defense problems... Empty2010-01-17, 15:23

mr_migz wrote:
David noooooooo wrote:

what formation is Cover 2 hawk ? My 46 defense problems... 129442

its in the 4-6 playbook
Back to top Go down
I OWn You
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: My 46 defense problems...   My 46 defense problems... Empty2010-01-17, 15:34

lab and find some fags ds and stuff
Back to top Go down
bpenni01
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My 46 defense problems...   My 46 defense problems... Empty2010-02-02, 12:56

I run some 46. I run cover 3 Press. First, run Speed. Second, always spread the line. Third, Run bump/press. Sometimes leave LBs alone, sometimes I pinch them in. Flat covered by OLB/SS. In SPEED these are CB/SS always. Slant taken away by Inside LB - SS/MLB in Speed. Gotta have good, fast DBs for this. Outside run gets slaughtered. Spread line forces run to bounce outside where SS are waiting to eat it. If he shells down and goes big interior run on you bounce back to Base from Speed.

Change it up. Run cover 2. But do the same adjusts. Run Speed. Bump/Press with DBs, spread line, sometimes pinch LBs, sometimes leave em. Again, outside run should be null. Slant has breif window and easy TKL, Flats covered by CB.

Run Inside LB blitz. Bump/Press DBs, Spread Line. Pinch LBs. Terrific A gap, up the gut pressure. Kills Run. Sacks QB.

Run SS blitz. Bump. Spread Line. Shift Backers toward the problem. QB rollin right n thrown to R flat? Blitzing SS slaughters him. QB Rollin R/L for the HB screen - not so great. Only have a safety playing against those 2 o-Line. But then you gotta play the game. When you see that HB screen coming, get into cover 3 or 2 or man, or play it yourself with the DE. When you see under center pass or run coming, call the blitzes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 46 defense problems...   My 46 defense problems... Empty

Back to top Go down

My 46 defense problems...
Page 1 of 1