Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Pass Coverage Defense help!!!

Go down 
+3
B-__-R-__-B
Th3 Ac3r
rj_lions81
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rj_lions81
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Pass Coverage Defense help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Pass Coverage Defense help!!!   Pass Coverage Defense help!!! Empty2010-01-13, 19:49

Does anybody know what defense (dollar,quarter,nickel etc) should be used when playing a pass heavy team like new england or the colts.. When i use dime it seems the other player will shready me with 10 yard passes and if i play a nickel they will beat me deep every time. What is the most balanced pass coverage defense that can be used against good passing teams.??
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Pass Coverage Defense help!!!   Pass Coverage Defense help!!! Empty2010-01-13, 19:50

i LOVE to use Nickel Odd Split..1-5-5 and Dollar are good too
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Pass Coverage Defense help!!!   Pass Coverage Defense help!!! Empty2010-01-13, 19:54

rj_lions81 wrote:
Does anybody know what defense (dollar,quarter,nickel etc) should be used when playing a pass heavy team like new england or the colts.. When i use dime it seems the other player will shready me with 10 yard passes and if i play a nickel they will beat me deep every time. What is the most balanced pass coverage defense that can be used against good passing teams.??

if he comes onto the field with 3 WR's i like to go nickle, 4 i like to go dime, 5 dollar or quarters. try getting some pressure on the QB dont let him sit in the pocket and disect you.
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pass Coverage Defense help!!!   Pass Coverage Defense help!!! Empty2010-01-14, 05:01

I get some picks from NICKEL 3-3-5 COVER 3, NICE COVERAGE, and with the right hot routing you can get some nice pressure without hurtung coverage.
Back to top Go down
Vaughnilla619
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Vaughnilla619

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pass Coverage Defense help!!!   Pass Coverage Defense help!!! Empty2010-01-14, 14:58

3-4 Cover 2 man coverage. Control the LILB who has zone control in the middle and cover anything open in that general area. Be sure to watch RB or WR slanting across the field bcuz if they beat their man you will need to jump on em.
Back to top Go down
R3V 1T UP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
R3V 1T UP

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Pass Coverage Defense help!!!   Pass Coverage Defense help!!! Empty2010-01-14, 16:08

Yeah I like to run the 3-4 cover 2 but I never tried man up the corner backs. But I spread the LB`s so the general field will be covered.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xxbigmacxx52
PPHB
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Pass Coverage Defense help!!!   Pass Coverage Defense help!!! Empty2010-01-14, 16:18

I really enjoy calling QB Trap from both the Dollar and Quarter packages. It forces the QB to roll to his left (normally uncomfortable for a QB), while spying him. Usually get INTs if he lobs it deep, or a sack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pass Coverage Defense help!!!   Pass Coverage Defense help!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pass Coverage Defense help!!!
Page 1 of 1