Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon

Go down 
+3
EAGLE_hENz
Modrewgnu
tuki94
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon Empty
PostSubject: Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon   Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon Empty2009-05-06, 01:41

this is jus my list but i want everybodys opinion and their list

1.Stick-self explainatory, u need stick to win games
2.Gameplan-do u have that friend that goes into a game with no idea of wat hes going to do, DONT BE THAT GUY
3.Swagger- go into the game knowing that you are the best, never doubt yourself
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon   Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon Empty2009-05-06, 03:37

1. MENTAL QUICKNESS- You have to be willing and able to adapt to what your opponent is doing. I can't tell you how many people i have played that do something over and over again even though I have established that I will shut it down. Don't be too fast to call off your gameplan, but there is a time to remove certain parts of your gameplan if it is obviously not working. I am a very firm believer that madden is a mental game as much as anything. If you outhink your opponent, you will usually be in a good position to win.

2. Stick Skill- In my opinion stick skill is extremely overated. That being said, you need amazing stick skill to become a truly elite madden player. But stick skill (especially on defense) will only help if you have my #1 point (mental quickness) down and you have the right play called and you are in the right spot to use your stick skill.

3. Labbing- I know that the temptation is there to play random people online and try to improve your rank. As most of you know, online rank means very little. Instead of playing random bums online, you need to be disciplined and practice the weaknesses in your game with people you know can help you, challenge you, and expliot your weaknesses. I believe that truly elite players are set apart from others because they lab more than they play.

All three of these factors are intertwined in ways. Labbing inproves stick skill, mental quickness makes your stick skill look better, Labbing improves your mental quickness and your ability to adapt, etc.

I think that the most important factor in becoming good in madden year in and year out is mental quickness. If you arent able to think, you will never do well in madden even if you lab all the time and have amazing stick skill. Everything is based on your mental quickness in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
EAGLE_hENz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
EAGLE_hENz

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon   Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon Empty2009-05-06, 04:24

i think these three are mainly aimed at me hahahahahaha

1, stick is essential to hav and its a weapon separates the gr8 from gr8ness

2, stay cool under pressure and dont blow a game that is suppose to be a tight finish

3, good sportsmanship haahahahahah
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon   Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon Empty2009-05-06, 06:46

1.stick (we all know why good stick comes in handy)
2.gameplan
3.something.(when ur down in the game dont go hard on ur self get back out during 2nd half and fight
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon   Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon Empty2009-05-06, 18:24

for some reason every1 has stick as #1 on their list.

1.Mental toughness - your not gunna win a gm if your opponent saying a few things gets you pissed off

2.Stick - It's good to have, and comes in handy in clutch situations

3.Playcalling ability - Having stick is one thing, but being able to call the right plays at the right time is another. It could be 3rd and inches, but I know to pass cuz I know my opponent will bring mad heat and want to stop the run leaving routes WIDE open.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon   Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon Empty2009-05-09, 16:22

have to mix things up, and dont do the stupid play
Back to top Go down
jstillfly2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon   Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon Empty2009-05-09, 16:28

Hey where is strategy? Clock management? or is that against the rules?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon   Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon Empty

Back to top Go down

Wat are the top 3 things to being a Madden Icon
Page 1 of 1