Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Some Good Defense

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xPICKx4xSIXx
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
xPICKx4xSIXx

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Some Good Defense Empty
PostSubject: Some Good Defense   Some Good Defense Empty2008-11-15, 17:20

Though i run the 4-3 playbook i spend alot of my time in the dime normal:

Dime Normal: Cover 3
In this play its a basic 4 cb 1 lb set up!!! But thats just how it is for everyone the secret here is to stop those short annoying out routes and those cross the middle slants! How??? Simple: grab both inside cb's and scoot them in so it looks like a 4-3 just with cb's try to set ur safeties to cheat up a little just move them so they dont move on there own like they do in 2009! anyways the third thing u do is play as your mlb this defensive requires some user skills to run but can be devastating..
stunt line in or out accordingly to accomidate ur taste!

I also do this sometimes with Dime Flat: cover 3
just in case they got a smart qb

Dime normal: DE contain

This play believe it or not is good for stopping the run!! I use it for that! with a MLB in zone in the middle and ur lineman stunting to contain and shoot he middle it works pretty good. I bring in my SS who is in man to sit at linebacker level on whichever side is weaker so he can help with run or go cover man and in this defense i play as my FS who is the only player in zone!

Another defense is the Quarter: Combo man up 3 deep
This is obviously a pass defense and basic! but like most of my plays i user it to make it better! I found jamming in 09 doesnt work to likely so unless u favor it dont jam! alright scoot both fs and ss inwards and forward about 4 to 5 yards! Then play as your middle FS and play just behind the mlb so u can commit to run or any cross patterns if need be

Also one of my favorite defenses i audible from quarter to 4-3: normal spy 3 blitz
This play is the play that stoped the slot cross cold in 07 and is still a good play in 08 and now 09!! its a basic 4-3 look with the ROLB blitzing and the left DT in qb spy!! though when audibling to this play the dt is ur FS that bumped up.. catching on? that fs/dt u can have stay in qb spy or shoot to whatever flat u want via hot route to help out! So u give off the look of a run D but actually have a pass D!! scoot your line out and your linebackers to the right! Just helps put pressure on him!!! play as the mlb in him after u hot route ur dt/fs accordingly!

A good run stoping defense if you know they are for sure running it 4-3: under Banzai Blitz

Nothing too spectacular here your line inwards and manually put your blitzing safety up next to DT shading to a side then play as your fs over the top or favoring the side u think he is gonna go! User skill with this can stop any power run cold!! *Remember only use this if u know they are running!*

If you find yourself unable to cover constant slants and cross routes i sometimes run Nickel 3-3-5: cover 3

scoot your line in and stunt them accordingly also adjust safeties move your fs so he doesnt cheat to teh middle of the field and scoot your SS up some because he shoots to the outside about 10 yards down field favoring his side! the point is to have him closer so he can usually follow the reciever out when he goes!! Play as your mlb to help cover the middle or the fs if he is doing deeper cross routes!

To mix it up throw in Nickel 3-3-5 CB Fox blitz
scoot your linebackers in and give your two outside linebackers stunts to the flats the opposite direction of qb spy!! scoot your line in of course and stunt them out usually but however you like. Also scoot your ss in about 4 yards and Fs in the same. some people will try to shoot it up quick to there #1 reciever letting it a jump ball between ur safety and him its easier for u to user finally on this one also play with mlb or fs depending what your opponet is running.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.Myspace.Com/TakeemDaNigga1
Mac
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Some Good Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Good Defense   Some Good Defense Empty2008-11-19, 20:10

Do these plays work good against the cpu in all-madden level?and if so which ones,because im still getting beat bad by the cpu.
Back to top Go down
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Some Good Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Good Defense   Some Good Defense Empty2008-11-19, 20:39

lol keep workin mac.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content