Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Running The Ball

Go down 
+7
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
SavageMac816
Swag Escobar
PeytonMvPManning
TheBillsFly
layinWOOD
ALL-MADDEN=CHEATING
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ALL-MADDEN=CHEATING
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 14:03

So I basically been pass happy like s***. I probably passed the ball 90% of the game and never had a problem till i was playing someone this weekend for money and I lost my bread. lol So he plays f@g D everytime I drop back to pass and there was damn near nobody ever open, and I knew I had to run the ball, but I have a bad time running. I aint patient, I see too many defenders get in my backfield too quick, my holes damn near never open up so i usually give up on the run. I just need some good solid running tips so I'm not as one dimensional as I've been and when my passing game breaks down I dont force myself to pass on every down
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 14:31

Keep them guessing. Try to mix run -pass -playaction enough to get the big play. Follow your blocks and try not to use speed burst until needed. One example of following your block is power o,depending on which side your running to, the guard will pull. Get behind him and take off when you see an opening. Also play with your running backs strengths. If hes fast try counters tosses sweeps etc. If hes a bruiser your most likely gonna want to keep your runs inside the tackles. Use Peyton Hillis while you can he is a beast when spelled in at rb.
Back to top Go down
TheBillsFly
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 14:56

man if that dude is playing intense fag D then i would just do a FB Dive or two, i wouldnt put Hillis at RB but just keep him at FB. but to get more advanced running, yeah its all about keeping him guessing, and try starting out with an off-tackle play, those are really easy to run in this year's version of madden
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 15:31

No Hillis at RB??? Hes not much of a blocker
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 15:46

JoshNem wrote:
No Hillis at RB??? Hes not much of a blocker

Honestly imo All RBs block the same about
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 16:08

no dude they dont. theres not many rb that can block. but fb's and te's can block and it makes a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 16:13

JoshNem wrote:
no dude they dont. theres not many rb that can block. but fb's and te's can block and it makes a huge difference.

I said all RBs block the same about i didnt say anything about TEs and FBs but its just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 16:20

Rbs suck ass at blocking they give up and let go way too fast
Back to top Go down
SavageMac816
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
SavageMac816

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 16:42

if u need to run the ball go goalline offtackle..its in any of the 5 non-team pbs(run n gun,west coast,balanced,etc..)
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 17:29

next time u play a guy who is playing fag d just throw in some runs out of shotgun then he will stop playing his fag d. or u can learn to rc. if im playing against fag d i will rc the out route all day
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 18:09

Use motion to setup different running plays.. Use motion to fill holes in the gaps where you want to run to.. Dont sprint as soon as you get the ball, pick your hole first and then sprint..

DONT try to score a touchdown every running play.. Its not gonna happen, you just have to know when to give up on a play.. When your running back has broken four tackles and is tied up with a defender, just go down dont try to juke out
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 18:18

^^^^^^^^ good advice. people all to often always go for the big play and the D user will expect you try and go for the home run as well. ive learned to cut to the inside more often then not and you can get a good 5-7 yards each time. even break some long runs by doing it sometimes
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-16, 21:25

All of the advice given so far is spot on, my best advice is to practice learning patience with the run.
When I mean patience I mean knowing when to hit the turbo and when not to turbo.

When you practice it in the lab you will see a difference in turbo running and non turbo running.

Then you can add icing to the cake like knowing when to juke, spin, or stiff arm, and adding turbo to these commands vary in effectiveness as well.

What Im saying right now might sound like Im speaking French, but practice it for a bit and slowly but surely you'll see what Im talking about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mdott360
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Jimmy Freedom90

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty2010-03-17, 02:20

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
Use motion to setup different running plays.. Use motion to fill holes in the gaps where you want to run to.. Dont sprint as soon as you get the ball, pick your hole first and then sprint..

DONT try to score a touchdown every running play.. Its not gonna happen, you just have to know when to give up on a play.. When your running back has broken four tackles and is tied up with a defender, just go down dont try to juke out

awesome advice acer. to add to it i'd say that four yard runs are a good thing! cuz two 4 yard runs and you've got a short third down. And chances are one of the runs could be a seven yarder. The point is to not get upset or frustrated if you get a couple of short gains, cuz if your opponent begins playing the run, then you start passing again, he'll be more prone to the pass again. then ya just pound it up the gut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running The Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running The Ball   Running The Ball Empty

Back to top Go down

Running The Ball
Page 1 of 1