Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

What type of D should I run with these players?

Go down 
+3
MiamiXCanes
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Alex510
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex510
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Alex510

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-27

What type of D should I run with these players? Empty
PostSubject: What type of D should I run with these players?   What type of D should I run with these players? Empty2010-02-25, 05:17

This is for my online franchise in it's 5th yr

DE Mario Williams 96 OVR (Finesse)
DT Sedrick Ellis 91 OVR (Power)
DT Alain Jackson 79 OVR (Power/97 Hit Power)
DE Trevor Scott 80 OVR (Finesse)

LOLB Torian Watts 91 OVR (87 SPD)
MLB Mack Jackson 92 OVR (88 SPD, 99 Hit Power, Great in cov)
MLB Jay Sonnier 79 OVR (86 SPD, 94 Hit Power)
ROLB Thomas Howard 89 OVR (85 SPD, Great in cov)

CB Nnamdi Asomugha 98 OVR
CB Aqib Talib 91 OVR
CB Mike Jenkins 85 OVR
CB Stanford Routt 69 OVR

FS Tai-ler Bernard 84 OVR
SS Mike Mitchell 81 OVR (99 Hit Power, Great in cov)

I ran a 4-3 last year and only allowed 2 70+ yard rushers all season. This year I switched to a 3-4 and have allowed 2 100+ yard rushers in 4 games. I'm 4-0 but my defense seems to really be lacking in a 3-4. It's creating more turnovers than last year and doing good against the pass. It sucks against the run though. I do not like allowing over a 100 yard rusher what so ever. 4-3 got me killed vs the pass last year though. Kinda in a bind here.. anyone got any suggestions?

Thinking I might just roll with Multiple D and call a 4-3 on running downs.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: What type of D should I run with these players?   What type of D should I run with these players? Empty2010-02-25, 05:35

yea multi d is good
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What type of D should I run with these players?   What type of D should I run with these players? Empty2010-02-25, 05:54

i would prolly just stick with the 3-4. if you have a nice O then jump on em early, and force those turnovers and you will win all your games. if your nice against the run but not so good vs the pass, then when you get a big lead, your pass D can break down and let teams back into the game

stick with the 3-4 and try 3-4 stack as your run stopping formation. its alot like the 4-3 so it might work for you
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What type of D should I run with these players?   What type of D should I run with these players? Empty2010-02-26, 12:42

The Jets playbook has the 4-6 to stop the run. May be something to look into.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What type of D should I run with these players?   What type of D should I run with these players? Empty2010-02-26, 12:50

looks like a team that should use the 46 to me. not so much a 3-4 team. definitely a 4-3 team.

remember, when you use the 46 speed package, you can get those talented CBs on the field and still stack the box.
Back to top Go down
Alex510
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Alex510

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: What type of D should I run with these players?   What type of D should I run with these players? Empty2010-02-26, 13:11

Yeah I think ima switch back to a 4-3, I keep allowing 5.0 yards per carry no matter what I try with the 3-4 system. 4-3 I never ever allowed more than 40 yards on the ground.

A little off topic since I don't wanna create another thread, anyone got some tips for me against a 240-25 player I have to face later? He supposedly brings outside pressure and gets 1 second sacks all the time and seems to get 200 rushing yards every game.
Back to top Go down
ezell420
New MS Member
New MS Member
ezell420

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What type of D should I run with these players?   What type of D should I run with these players? Empty2010-02-28, 02:38

the 240-25 guy either d/c glitches or plays lvl 1s
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What type of D should I run with these players?   What type of D should I run with these players? Empty2010-02-28, 10:35

that team is stacked. U could easily run the 3-4, 4-6, or even the 4-4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What type of D should I run with these players?   What type of D should I run with these players? Empty

Back to top Go down

What type of D should I run with these players?
Page 1 of 1