Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Elite players/ Average players

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spice_Rack101
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Spice_Rack101

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Elite players/ Average players Empty
PostSubject: Elite players/ Average players   Elite players/ Average players Empty2009-08-06, 16:03

Since im a new member on the site i think i should give back to the community. So here are my ideas/guide on whats seperates elite players from average. ( I dont know if this already posted)

5.Adapting to your opp playing style- Adapting starts off the countdown. You can say madden is like a game of chess, the offense makes one move and the defense has to react. The game keeps going back and forth and the person who won is most likely the person who changed the game plan to help them win. For example say a person like to throw is deep with randy moss alot, you can either A. keep single coverage with 80 rating corner that is only 5'8 or B. sub in a differnt corner or keep double coverage on randy.

4. Offensive/ Defensive schemes- You can go online and pick a random plays not really understanding what plays your picking, but this might not be your best chioce. For example if you have a killer running game and use the titans, your scheme should consist of a mix of slams and dives for white and tosses and sweeps for chris.

3. Learning from and understanding your mistakes- Sometimes people will get angry at the game for a costly turnorver. For example your down by one and your at your 40 you need to get alittle closer for the game winning FG, but your running back fumbles the defense recovers it and you lose the game. You can go curse, whine, stomp, scream, shout all you want but it wont make a difference. When you take a look at the play it comes down to you were using a 70 carrying running back and you got hit sticked from a guy called ray lewis, and you werent covering up the ball, thats not the games fault its yours. Or if your threw is to triple coverage and got picked off, you got to see what you can do better to improve.

2.DEFENSE, Defense is what wins championships.- Defense, Defense, Defense probably one of the hardest parts to master in madden. Having a killer offense will only take you so far if you cant make key 3rd down stops. Last year my offense was pretty good but my defense was only average and thats what i want to focus on this year in the championship round of the MC i need to hold my opp to a FG my defense did not pull through. I had 7 seconds on the clock to get a FG, but out of a miracle my offense pulled through, I was lucky, if that were to happen again i probably would have loss.

1. STICK- this is arguably one of the most important skills of a madden player. Without user skill you have no chance of competing with the best.

Post what you think are the top 5 reason that make elite players so elite.
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Elite players/ Average players   Elite players/ Average players Empty2009-08-06, 16:23

i actually will say.. im basing this on madden 10..

1. offensive/defensive scheme: On this years game, u WILL have to have a good offensive and defensive scheme to move the ball and get stops.. u can have all the stick in the world but it wont matter if u dont run good plays to get WRs open.. i woulda said stick meant more in 09 cuz u could RC a lot easier but wit the reduction in that, u need to b football smart to b elite IMO

2. stick: just cuz u got a good defensive scheme u still need to have stick to make it work out.. i still believe the scheme is more important tho.. but stick is what seperates the men from the boys in madden.. mainly on defense for 10.. u need to b able to go out and lurk and not just rely on the computer to do it for u.. its important that u can lurk to have a good defense

3. adapting to opponents: i believe its higher than what u put it to b.. u need to either kno ur opponent b4 u play or as soon as u can in the game.. the sooner u learn his weaknesses the faster u can exploit them.. if ur goin thru a whole game exploiting a players weaknesses, u will do better than finally figuring out his weaknesses on the last drive of the game..

4. knowing ur team: to do good in a game, u need to kno ur team.. like lets say ur playin wit the ravens and u plan on throwin a quick route over the middle, u have to kno to either throw it to mason or heap and not figurs.. u want to throw it to ur possession guy when u need him to catch an important ball.. sumtimes O Lines have backups that r better at run block or pass block than the starter, when u run the ball, u will want to have ur best run blocking linemen in the game.. u gotta kno who to put in and at what points during the game to put em in..

5. learning from mistakes: if u run a play that ur opponent guards very well and u throw a pick, u should understand not to run that play again unless u r tryin to catch ur opponent completely off guard.. if u throw a screen that gets picked 6, u prolly wouldnt want to throw that again against that opponent..

i agree wit most of what ur sayin spice rack but i just believe it was in the wrong order and #2 and #4 r pretty much the same thing..
Back to top Go down
Enyo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Elite players/ Average players   Elite players/ Average players Empty2009-08-06, 20:58

I consider myself very good at recognizing what the opponent is doing, then stopping it, and then attacking it. I do this well in NBA 2K9 and FNR4.
Back to top Go down
Anolan14
New MS Member
New MS Member
Anolan14

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Elite players/ Average players   Elite players/ Average players Empty2009-08-06, 21:39

the difference from an average player to an elite player is huge. you can be an average player just by picking a good team using basic plays and not changing anything when ur elite u have the ability to make reads and adapt
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Elite players/ Average players   Elite players/ Average players Empty2009-08-06, 22:08

Ultimately it comes down to your user/stick skills. If you acquire this skill, you have control of your defense and your d automatically improves tremendously, and that of course if what wins games. Along with a good scheme and you're set! I also believe understanding the fundamentals and having some experience in football yourself or are a humongous nfl buff, it can all help you improve and have a better understanding of the games especially when it comes to your offensive and defensive schemes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elite players/ Average players   Elite players/ Average players Empty

Back to top Go down

Elite players/ Average players
Page 1 of 1