Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stopping toss sweeps, Playaction and middle routes?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
getyopopcornready
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Stopping toss sweeps, Playaction and middle routes? Empty
PostSubject: Stopping toss sweeps, Playaction and middle routes?   Stopping toss sweeps, Playaction and middle routes? Empty2010-02-24, 13:32

Anybody know what is the best D to play to stop all 3 out of a 3-4 formation?

Here's the situation:

1. This guy I play comes out in the I-formation.
2. He runs a toss sweep to the left out of that.
3. If I load up on that side he audibles to a playaction and rollout right and hits either the FB going to the flat or the WR coming across the middle.

I usually stop shut him down for a couple plays, but it's hard to tell which play he is going to run when he starts to audible. Anyone know of a few plays in the 3-4 that I could run to stop all 3 no matter which one he runs?

P.S. - It has to be a 3-4 formation.
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Stopping toss sweeps, Playaction and middle routes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping toss sweeps, Playaction and middle routes?   Stopping toss sweeps, Playaction and middle routes? Empty2010-02-24, 14:52

Come out in zone or man play. The side he is running to put your DE in a contain, then shift your line that way. Guard with your FS or LBs. Ok playaction NEVER EVER come out in man. People will kill you all day long. Play some kind of zone. Ok the middle of the field. Blitz, blitz and blitz if they keep going to the TE play man and put him inside or try to bump him. Another play I use for the middle of the field is cover 4 guard with one of your Lbs or FS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun

Stopping toss sweeps, Playaction and middle routes?
Page 1 of 1