Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?

Go down 
+13
EggzOverEazy
PeytonMvPManning
Alex510
cmccray2639
wandeezy623
Lorenzo61793
ezell420
CookieMonsta
Brian Fantana
Th3 Ac3r
dracocepheus
ticklemeelmo
jonny_madden10
17 posters
AuthorMessage
jonny_madden10
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-24

is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty
PostSubject: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-12, 05:55

what the title says, if you run a nano how often should you run it aswell ?
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-12, 09:10

as often as you think it will work. just try to make it look like your coverage D as well. Nanos are good because it makes the other player uncomfortable and they think it will come every time and will make quick throws cause they think they need too and it causes picks.
Back to top Go down
jonny_madden10
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-12, 10:35

true, i seem to only play F@G defense or nano though, any good plays in the middle ? :/
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-12, 10:52

Only if you can read what the offense is doing and you have to be good at it. So put in nanos here and there like ticklemeelmo said
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-12, 12:16

You need nanos to compete at MLG
Back to top Go down
Brian Fantana
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-15, 17:14

Nanos make your other stuff even better. That threat of a nano puts your opponent on alert and then when you line up in the defense you nano out of but drop people instead, it makes them make mistakes (Ints or bad throws).

Here's a perfect example: One of my favs is 34 Solid-Gap Press
I use the Ravens quite a bit so Gooden is my blitzing LB in this situation. All I do is slide him over just a little to the R so he goes through the A gap untouched. Got a couple sacks and hurries with him earlier in the game. Later I come out in 34 Solid-Cover 2. Sometimes my opponents see me setting up a nano and other times I think they have no clue. Anyway, I do the same thing in Cover 2 with Gooden that I do with the Gap Press nano by sliding him over just a bit. The QB hurries his throw on a slant, Gooden is in his zone, and it's a pick 6 for about 92 yards. The pressure from nanos can make your coverage D so much better. Its all about disguise and illusions. Offense isn't the only side of the ball that does window dressing.

Smoke and mirrors on the D baby!
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-15, 18:41

If you're a good defensive player, you should try to make the offense adjust to you, not the other way around. I like to play an aggressive style, and after killing with the blitzes sometimes I'll pretend to bring heavy pressure (i.e. put MLBs in A-Gaps) and then have them drop back into coverage instead, and maybe blitz a corner. Opponents get flustered when you show them something for a while, and then right when they think they know how to counter it you hit them with something different. The problem with "in the middle" plays is that they don't put you in control of the game, pretty much your opponent just figures out the weaknesses and keeps making plays. You have to keep throwing different stuff at them so that they don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
ezell420
New MS Member
New MS Member
ezell420

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-16, 23:55

CookieMonsta wrote:
If you're a good defensive player, you should try to make the offense adjust to you, not the other way around. I like to play an aggressive style, and after killing with the blitzes sometimes I'll pretend to bring heavy pressure (i.e. put MLBs in A-Gaps) and then have them drop back into coverage instead, and maybe blitz a corner. Opponents get flustered when you show them something for a while, and then right when they think they know how to counter it you hit them with something different. The problem with "in the middle" plays is that they don't put you in control of the game, pretty much your opponent just figures out the weaknesses and keeps making plays. You have to keep throwing different stuff at them so that they don't know what to do.

I like doing this....show a nano to make them slide protect and blitz from somewhere else
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo61793
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-18, 00:17

No not really because the only defense that has a chance of stopping me is a nano. I nano on 3rd and long or i do it unexpectly. In madden you have to be able to generate pressure. Nanos are obviously the best pressure you can put on a player. You can really blitz in madden because the man coverage and the zone coverages break down way too quick this year. all you have to do is send evryone on slants and they will be open. definately if you have a quick WR like Santonio Holmes. The defense is so weak this year that they have to make somehting you cna do to make it competitive. Its crazy how you have to ply madden but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-19, 23:46

i think u can play good d without nanoing all the time good user skill on defense and the ability to make good adjustments is so much more important than nanos, if u just have a bunch of nanos u know how to run and dont know how to make adjustments or where to user players a good offensive layer will tear u apart guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-26, 17:18

I hate the people who all they do is nano and fag d. Makes the game less fun by just using the gimmicky s***. Its not realistic. But nano's can be easy to beat if you know there coming. a quick pitch to the outside or pinch your o-line and throw a slant. Most people who do a lot of nanos arent really good defensive players in the first place thats why they have to use cheap plays.
Back to top Go down
Alex510
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Alex510

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-26, 18:34

cmccray2639 wrote:
I hate the people who all they do is nano and fag d. Makes the game less fun by just using the gimmicky s***. Its not realistic. But nano's can be easy to beat if you know there coming. a quick pitch to the outside or pinch your o-line and throw a slant. Most people who do a lot of nanos arent really good defensive players in the first place thats why they have to use cheap plays.

Agreed. Nanos + Fag D doesn't take very much strategy.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-27, 17:01

adjustments and user skill>>> nanos and fag d
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-27, 23:42

hellllllllllll yeah you can have AMAZING defense without a nano.

its called reading your opponent. get in his head. learn why your opponents call the plays they do. learn when they call the plays they do. use that information against them. play great coverage. use regular blitzes coming from the correct side on the correct down.

and most importantly, learn how to user properly. if you can user a guy so that you can get interceptions annnnnnnnnnnnnd protect against the run... you are a headache for your opponent.
Back to top Go down
Next
New MS Member
New MS Member
Next

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-28, 00:07

dang. honestly i think it's possible if you got good palyers and call the right plays, however i can't seem to do anything unless my nano is down. if i can't nano my defense is trash
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-02-28, 15:32

I think it's difficult for one reason and one reason alone: Man coverage sucks balls in this game. If they can just fix man coverage next year so that it is difficult to read pre-snap and so that it actually works properly then I think it would be very possible.
Back to top Go down
cody2009
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-03-02, 14:43

jeah i dont nano or play fag and i have good d... its about being a step ahead of your opponets... shut them down.. dont give anything deep.. if they have to take long frustrating drives then make them.. if they keep having to go on 3 and long make them.. they are not perfect. get him playing angry and he will make mistakes... another reason i play good d is cause my offense usually scores pretty quick and this makes them get mad and try a force plays
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty2010-03-02, 16:16

Nano's and fags don't make you good, knowing when to use them does....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?   is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ? Empty

Back to top Go down

is it possible to get amazing at defenses without nano's ?
Page 1 of 1