Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
getyopopcornready
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays Empty
PostSubject: Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays   Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays Empty2010-02-09, 14:11

I seem to come across a lot of guys who run HB toss sweeps, screen passes and off tackle run plays. I don't like to audible out of my 3-4 because then that takes away my strength on D. What is the best plays within the 3-4 alignment that will allow me to stop the run and screen pass?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays   Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays Empty2010-02-09, 14:20

dont get your mind and heart set on one formation if its not workin dont keep doin it ya needa get out of it and try something different, i like to contain guys to help with the toss then user my saftey i can usually make a play on it. i run a 4-4 so the run isnt too much of a big deal and when i need coverage i just audible from dollar to the 4-4, just try blitzing, containing usering the screen i mean theres a million different ways to do things just find what works for you just get into practice mode and come up with something that is unique to you.
Back to top Go down
getyopopcornready
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays   Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays Empty2010-02-09, 15:20

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
dont get your mind and heart set on one formation if its not workin dont keep doin it ya needa get out of it and try something different, i like to contain guys to help with the toss then user my saftey i can usually make a play on it. i run a 4-4 so the run isnt too much of a big deal and when i need coverage i just audible from dollar to the 4-4, just try blitzing, containing usering the screen i mean theres a million different ways to do things just find what works for you just get into practice mode and come up with something that is unique to you.

I see what you're saying. But I think that's what opponents want you to do is to change your whole formation to get you committing to defending what has been working for them and then they burn you with something else. I just try to gradually come up with different packages while staying in the same formation to slow down what is hurting me and eventually I get a turnover because the opponents sees me in the same formation but all of a sudden I figured out that I needed to blitz a corner, or drop my DT back in coverage or blitz my two safeties because he's not going deep.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays   Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays Empty2010-02-09, 15:26

well yeah i mean lil adjustments like that can work the reason i can stay in a 4-4 most of the game is cuz i understand what hotroutes will defend what so if he gets a few good tosses off on me ill contain my DE to that side when he calls that formation, if he's going over my corner ill throw in a purple zone i mean ya just gotta adjust to the situation really, i dont really get out of the 4-4 or GL that much, but if it aint working im changing it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays   Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays Empty

Back to top Go down

Best defense out of the 3-4 for run plays
Page 1 of 1