Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lewzilla
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-01-12

My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :) Empty
PostSubject: My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)   My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :) Empty2010-01-18, 07:45

okay, well i'm english to start with, so my knowledge of players is OKAY, but not amazing, as it would be for a 'soccer' draft for example, since i don't get to watch players every week etc. etc.

anyway, i'm generally bad at defence, and decided to try bulk my offence and just air it out on anyone who comes at me Smile i missed the first round so was stuck with drafting a LG, but anyway, here's my team and i'd like some input into which offensive tools i could trade away, and for what defensive positions i should try and get for him (CB's i'm thinking), also need to know which position is more important and a little about them in madden, FS and SS (yes i know they're deep cover, get INT's ed reed, troy P etc. but i have adepth chart issue so anyway...)

---------------------------QB-PALMER(88)-----------

------------------HB-PORTIS(93)---------FB-TAHI(78)----

-----------------------------TE-SHOCKEY(85)----------------

------------WR-BOLDIN(94)------WR-EVANS(85)-----WR-WARD(89)--

--RT-DIEM(85)-RG-NEAL(86)-C-KABACH(77)-LG-HUTCHINSON(98)-LT-WALKER(78)--

Okay, would prefer a good run scheme, what do you think of the O Line? good enough to have consistent gains? the 3 WR's look solid, maybe one of them needs trading though to bolster the D?? with that setup, how do you suggest i play?

only other noteable name is carnell williams, a keeper or try trade to bolster D??

Defence:

LE- SMITH(91) T- KEMOEATU(77) & HENDERSON(88) RE-OLSHANKY(80)

--------LOLB-THORTON(81)-MLB-TIMMONS(79)-ROLB-MITCHELL(81)

CB- PORTER(78) ------------------------------------------CB- HOUSTON(75)

--------------FS-PHILLIPS (77)
------------------------------------SS-PAYNE(76)

what type of defence should i look to run? the D line, some may not have the best overall's, but they are either really strong, or decent tacklers etc, so i think the front 4 could be solid, the CB's are weak but both over 90 speed from the top of my head.

one depth chart issue is the: my best SS is my best FS, here's a little chart to try make it simple, if you could suggest a combination would be grateful.

SS= 1. PHILLIPS(FS) (OVR:82 SPD:80) 2. PAYNE(SS) (OVR:77 SPD: 85)
FS= 1. PHILLIPS(FS) (OVR:77 SPD:80) 2. PAYNE (SS) (OVR:73 SPD:85)

so basically, as i've rambled: my #1 fs is better at SS (and i dno which is more important), so is it SS-PHILLIPS OR FS-PHILLIPS??
-----

next, my first game opponent's defence is as followed: LE=77 RE=96 DT=91 71 LOLB=68 MLB=86 ROLB=73 CB=88 87 (SPD: 85 87) FS=83 SS=73

contrary to what this looks like, i dont want you to play the game for me:D just a few tips on how to play this team so i can gain an understanding and build from there, imo it looks as if left tosses and medium passes should do, with the occaision fast WR (evans) to test the slower cb's? Very Happy

to anyone who attempts to tackle this mess, much appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GODHORNET17
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
GODHORNET17

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)   My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :) Empty2010-01-18, 08:18

try to restart the draft
Back to top Go down
lewzilla
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)   My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :) Empty2010-01-18, 09:03

thx for that ''godhornet'' to be honest i recreated the team in single player and it got a rating of 84, so tbh that's ballin'.

thx for your input though x
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)   My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :) Empty2010-01-18, 09:21

Well if you want to run the ball, you've got the best OL to do so and that is the LG you drafted in the first round. Sooooo, run to the left side.

In your S case, I suggest that you trade Ward for a good FS because 1) They're not good (although 82 for Phillips at SS is ok) and 2) they're awfully slow. The overall doesn't really matter, speed is most important on D.
Back to top Go down
lewzilla
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)   My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :) Empty2010-01-18, 10:57

okay my FS is now my best CB, FS rating of 74, speed 91.

my two CB's are rated 73 and 75, 93 and 90 speed, i'll be trying to offload a WR for a S but is that better for now?

and are you sure i should try get a S, my CB's are fastish, but should I try get a CB over a S?
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)   My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :) Empty2010-01-18, 11:29

Let me just interject a football point here for you, to explain a safeties duties and why speed is necessary.

The free safety is generally the deep cover man who always stays back in zone and picks up where the corners might get burned. Therefore I always make sure my free safety has good speed and good zone cover ability.

The Strong safety is used sometimes like a free safety but is also responsible for protecting against any run that gets past the first level. The SS also does some blitzing. In this position you need speed and hit power to try and create some big hits that lead to turnovers and injuries, and a big hit creates wear and tear on the opposition which in madden tires them out. Also zone cover is good,but he will play man cover as well.

Your strong safety needs to be the better athlete with more well rounded skills, since he is asked to do so much more. Oftentimes, the SS is the best athlete on the team.

Both safety positions are required to cover a lot of ground while the play is developing. Therefore, the need for speed

Height in both positions is a big plus because the WRs are generally pretty tall and good athletes that can reach up and get the ball.
Back to top Go down
lewzilla
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)   My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :) Empty2010-01-18, 14:15

rgr that, tis what i needed to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)   My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :) Empty

Back to top Go down

My Draft - Reflection and Advice needed :)
Page 1 of 1