Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

ADVICE PLEASE!!

Go down 
+3
CookieMonsta
B-__-R-__-B
RHETTO77
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RHETTO77
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-02-23

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 16:23

Okay so this guy I am playing is running from goaline formation the entire game with AP. I have picked goaline, 4-6, contain all kinds of defenses and nothing is seeming to work. Any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 16:30

overload the A gaps, contain the playside DE, and spy the weakside DE, then look to user it with the saftey. should lock it up.
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 17:40

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
overload the A gaps, contain the playside DE, and spy the weakside DE, then look to user it with the saftey. should lock it up.

Make sure you are using a 4-man front like 4-3 or 4-4. I prefer 4-4 for setups like these. I think that, like me, you got this idea from sgibs, just to give credit where it's due.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 17:50

its just a tip man it doesnt matter where it came from, i wasnt saying i came up with it or anything just givin the advice, we cant know a 100% that sgibs was the first to run that setup? he might have made it popular on his show wich got it out, but you gotta wonder with all the great madden players in the world is it possible that someone could of came up with the concept befor sgibs? i dono? im jus sayin, thats why i dont say this person was the one who came up with it cuz im not 100% sure he did, ya know? thats why i just give the tips and help when people ask and leave it at that i dont worry too much about who came up with it cuz we cant really know for sure who or where it originated from, and does it really matter? you decide. sorry if i sounded like i was sayin i came up with the setup, cuz i didnt mean it that way.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 17:57

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
its just a tip man it doesnt matter where it came from, i wasnt saying i came up with it or anything just givin the advice, we cant know a 100% that sgibs was the first to run that setup? he might have made it popular on his show wich got it out, but you gotta wonder with all the great madden players in the world is it possible that someone could of came up with the concept befor sgibs? i dono? im jus sayin, thats why i dont say this person was the one who came up with it cuz im not 100% sure he did, ya know? thats why i just give the tips and help when people ask and leave it at that i dont worry too much about who came up with it cuz we cant really know for sure who or where it originated from, and does it really matter? you decide. sorry if i sounded like i was sayin i came up with the setup, cuz i didnt mean it that way.

I hear you BRB, but if thats where you got it just say "i got this from sgibs".. Even if theirs a chance its not his, just in case it is give credit..

On the flip side of things, the guy was a homosexual faggot that you were playing.. I would stop him with the tip from BRB from sgibs, and then send him a BUNCH of messages after the game
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 18:08

i mean if i was givin someon like goaline tips n stuff like that, where its obvious sgibs and farls made it cuz its very unique, then yeah i would mention that sgibs and farls came up with the setup but i just saw it as a basic tip nothin too big ya know? i only got one part from watching sgibs and that was to spy the weakside DE, ive been overloading the A gaps and containing the srong side DE for a long time befor i started watching TWIM, i just thought it would have been a bit much to say i got it from sgibs when i only really got one step from him, and it just seemed like it would have been over kill to say that on such a minor tip, sorry if i offended anyone, just saw it as a minor tip nothing too big thats why i didnt give credit, but really i dont give credit to anyone cuz it seems like too much trouble i just give the help when people ask thats it. again hopefully i didnt offend anyone.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 18:13

[/quote]
Make sure you are using a 4-man front like 4-3 or 4-4. I prefer 4-4 for setups like these. I think that, like me, you got this idea from sgibs, just to give credit where it's due.[/quote]

you can do it out of a 3-4 its not as successfull IMO but just blitz your two inside backers over the guards, reblitz your DT, then as stated above contain playside and spy the weakside.
Back to top Go down
RHETTO77
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-02-23

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 20:09

Thanks for all the help. Will give it a shot. I am still unbelieving this guy used goaline the entire game
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 20:11

Th3 Ac3r wrote:

I hear you BRB, but if thats where you got it just say "i got this from sgibs".. Even if theirs a chance its not his, just in case it is give credit..

On the flip side of things, the guy was a homosexual faggot that you were playing.. I would stop him with the tip from BRB from sgibs, and then send him a BUNCH of messages after the game[/quote]

i wouldnt go as far as calling him a homosexual faggot as just saying hes not got a very creative offensive scheme and if you manage to stop that one play you probably stop his entire garbage offense lol.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 20:35

ticklemeelmo wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:

On the flip side of things, the guy was a homosexual faggot that you were playing.. I would stop him with the tip from BRB from sgibs, and then send him a BUNCH of messages after the game

i wouldnt go as far as calling him a homosexual faggot as just saying hes not got a very creative offensive scheme and if you manage to stop that one play you probably stop his entire garbage offense lol.[/quote]

Haha im sorry if i offended anyone lol!
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 23:19

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
i mean if i was givin someon like goaline tips n stuff like that, where its obvious sgibs and farls made it cuz its very unique, then yeah i would mention that sgibs and farls came up with the setup but i just saw it as a basic tip nothin too big ya know? i only got one part from watching sgibs and that was to spy the weakside DE, ive been overloading the A gaps and containing the srong side DE for a long time befor i started watching TWIM, i just thought it would have been a bit much to say i got it from sgibs when i only really got one step from him, and it just seemed like it would have been over kill to say that on such a minor tip, sorry if i offended anyone, just saw it as a minor tip nothing too big thats why i didnt give credit, but really i dont give credit to anyone cuz it seems like too much trouble i just give the help when people ask thats it. again hopefully i didnt offend anyone.

Bro, your not offending anyone, sorry if it sounded like I was accusing you of plagiarism. I'm just trying to give a shout-out to sgibs because he's the one who I learned that concept from. Congrats on member of the week, dude!
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 23:28

madden is a copycat game as it is so IMO its tough to give credit to people. i run goalline and the 4-4 now (same as gibs i think) but i run it different so does that mean i should give credit to him even though i didnt learn it from him?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-09, 23:49

CookieMonsta wrote:
B-__-R-__-B wrote:

Bro, your not offending anyone, sorry if it sounded like I was accusing you of plagiarism. I'm just trying to give a shout-out to sgibs because he's the one who I learned that concept from. Congrats on member of the week, dude!

oh no i didnt take it like that man your good, i jus didnt wanna come off like i see stuff from other people then say it to other people and call it my own, all in all though sounds like the person asking the question got help and thats what really matters right?
Back to top Go down
hacush
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-09

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty2010-03-18, 13:21

I guess it depends on what defense you run, I agree with the 43 and 44 schemes, I run a 46 usually stretch out my line and backed up my linebackers keep th safty or my fastest linebacker,. A guy tried that on me the other day with TN, I use green bay and I kept using AJ hawk (hes really fast) and keep shooting the gaps. I guess you gotta have a fast player to cover the gaps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!   ADVICE PLEASE!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ADVICE PLEASE!!
Page 1 of 1