Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Just need advice...

Go down 
+4
Hormel
MiamiXCanes
THiZzLeWiZzLe
BradLV
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BradLV
New MS Member
New MS Member
BradLV

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Just need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-04, 03:06

I have been reading through the forums and have gained a lot of knowledge of pb's but I'm still just plain crappy at madden online. I've been playing for a while now and can't seem to gain anything on the online community. I destroy the CPU and have played through quite a few seasons in madden 09 and 10 now but still haven't been able to touch the people online. What exactly is it? I know practice and reading plays but man... is there anything I should be concentrating on mainly?
Back to top Go down
THiZzLeWiZzLe
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
THiZzLeWiZzLe

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-04, 03:16

whats your biggest concern not scoring points or allowing easy scores?
Back to top Go down
BradLV
New MS Member
New MS Member
BradLV

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-04, 03:25

well its been a combination of both but I think my biggest downfall is defense in general. On offense I can generally keep things moving but as soon as my opponent starts beating me down I lose motivation for a win. So defensively I think I need to figure out how to read a play correctly and react to that. Being a "homer" I use Denver a lot which I think might be one of my downfalls but maybe its just PB's in general. But even using different PB's I haven't been successful and I think thats because I'm not reading the plays right
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-04, 03:56

denver is actualy a really good madden team IMO and the D is great if you set them up right. there a pretty good man coverage team (use champ to shutdown there best WR) as long as you dont abuse it. as for a PB to run i would go with the jets. denver is a 3-4 team as is and you can throw in the 46 to stop the run. nickle odd split is a great formation that i tend to use alot.

ill give you a few plays on D to start with

3rd and long, go with nickle odd split- cover 3. it has its holes but all those yellow zones and the 3 deep means its hard to get by and keeps things short, and in front of you

second down is the down i tend to blitz to get somebody into a 3rd and long situation and make it hard for them to drive the ball down the field. if you have any nanos, use them here (just ask if you dont know/have any nanos and ill help ya out)

1st down i mainly focus on just not giving up a chunk of yards. that sets up my second down blitz, and then turns into a 3rd and long

so this is how a basic drive goes for my D...

1st down-1st and 10 (obviously)

2nd down- 2nd and 8 (heres the sack)

3rd down- 3rd and 16

its a very basic system to build around but one that can really work wonders. my goal has to always been make it as hard as i possibly can for the other person to score. if they do, they def earned the points

as for helping out your O, that would be a whole different matter. being i have no idea what you like to do on that side of the ball

hope this helps bruh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-04, 06:31

Lab against cover 2 and cover 3 , even though some people throw in man, zone defenses are still the name of the game, go to practice mode, put the def in cover 2 and find plays to beat it, and put it in cover 3 and find ways to beat that. Also when running dont use turbo till your ready to burst through a hole, keep up the practicing too
Back to top Go down
BradLV
New MS Member
New MS Member
BradLV

PostSubject: Thanks!   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-04, 15:01

Thanks you guys I really appreciate the tips and I will start practicing these so maybe I can give people more competition and start having as much fun playing online as I do playing seasons. Playing Games
Back to top Go down
L3G3ND K1LL3R
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
L3G3ND K1LL3R

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-04, 18:05

im sure people on here will be willing to lab with you if u need help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.houstontexans.com
doozie821
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-05, 04:48

a huge part of defense is recognizing tendencies. for example he always runs on first downs or he runs toss out of a certain formation. just gotta be focused and aware of what's goin on
Back to top Go down
leke2cool
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leke2cool

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-05, 13:51

to win games online you need a good. these mean that you need a lot of nano blitz. the steeler and jet defencive playbook are the best for denver d because they both have 155 in them.

quick tip on d(3 man nano)

1. pick cover 3 out of 155

you will have three guys rushing

2. reblitz your dt

3. reblitz one of your lb that is rush and place him infront of you opponent rg
4. you will still have one lb rushing after reblitzing your dt and 1lb. place the lb between the center and rg and and rush him manually.

you should always get to the qb under 2 sec.

these blitz always work if you oppenent deosn't see it coming.
Back to top Go down
BradLV
New MS Member
New MS Member
BradLV

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-05, 14:45

Thanks for the nano, I will try this out!
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty2010-01-05, 17:49

letting easy f*cking score's happen..when you know you could of stop that sh!t from happening..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just need advice...   Just need advice... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just need advice...
Page 1 of 1