Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry Empty
PostSubject: Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry   Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry Empty2008-08-20, 00:19

Bengals sign Henry months after releasing troubled wide receiver

Associated Press

Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry C_henry_full_width
Doug Pensinger/Getty Images
The Bengals have re-signed WR Chris Henry, who must serve a four-game suspension to open the 2008 season.

CINCINNATI -- With their two Pro Bowl receivers hurt, the Cincinnati Bengals brought back troubled receiver Chris Henry on Tuesday, a move that their coach had emphatically ruled out only a month earlier as inappropriate.
The signing helps the team but raises questions about its commitment to holding players accountable for their actions. Henry must serve a four-game suspension from the NFL -- his third such punishment -- before he can fully rejoin the team.

Expected back for Week 1

Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry JOH104425 Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson is expected to miss the remainder of the preseason, but coach Marvin Lewis said Johnson should be back in time for the regular-season opener. More ...

The move was stunning in light of Lewis' statement shortly before training camp opened that the team had permanently parted ways with the receiver, who has been arrested five times since he joined the Bengals. Henry had indicated he was interested in rejoining Cincinnati.
"I'm not interested," Lewis said at the team's annual preseason luncheon on July 22. "I don't think it would be productive for our football team. You have to be a productive part to be an NFL player, and there's responsibilities to being an NFL player. It's a privilege, it's not a right. There's a lot that comes with being an NFL football player."
The Bengals evidently feel differently after Pro Bowl receiver Chad Johnson sprained his left shoulder during a 27-10 preseason loss to Detroit on Sunday night. Johnson is expected to miss the rest of the preseason due to the injury. Pro Bowl receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh has missed both preseason games with a hamstring injury as well.
The Bengals released Henry after he was accused of punching a college student and breaking his car window with a beer bottle in March. Bengals president Mike Brown also cut ties with Henry, saying he could no longer be with the team.
"His conduct can no longer be tolerated," Brown said at the time. "The Bengals tried for an extended period of time to support Chris and his potentially bright career. We had hoped to guide him toward an appropriate standard of personal responsibility that this community would support and that would allow him to play in the NFL. ... But those efforts end today, as we move on with what is best for our team."
Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry HEN601374
Chris Henry, WR
Cincinnati Bengals
2007 Statistics:
Receptions: 21
Yards: 343
Touchdowns: 2

The Bengals had no immediate comment on their decision to re-sign Henry, who was expected to practice with the team on Tuesday evening.
Henry was suspended by the league for two games in 2006 and for the first eight games of last season for repeatedly violating its conduct policies. He received this season's suspension for the latest court case, which ended in a mistrial with the charges later dropped.
Henry took a physical on Tuesday morning in Cincinnati and agreed to the contract.
"I'm just glad they're willing to let the past be the past and give him a chance," agent Marvin Frazier said. "I just hope that the Cincinnati fans will give him the same type of chance."
The Bengals had 10 players arrested over a 14-month span, one of the factors that prompted commissioner Roger Goodell to toughen the league's conduct policy. The Bengals then toughened their own stance, getting rid of troubled linebacker Odell Thurman and Henry in the offseason.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
Back to top Go down
HesterKRGod
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry   Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry Empty2008-08-20, 00:26

That can hurt the Bengals
Back to top Go down
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry   Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry Empty2008-08-20, 02:59

Yes, it sure can because he nothing but trouble and what goes to say hes gunna change now. So in my opinion all the talent in the world isnt worth all the trouble he had been in with the law.
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry   Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry Empty2008-08-20, 03:27

Well their offense is back n lets hope he changes i hate seeing players waste their talent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
iNfam0us88
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
iNfam0us88

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry   Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry Empty2008-08-20, 04:08

Man this guy gots alot of talent but he's not a good person i mean when you get in trouble like he has i think it's time to cut ties for good,Cj and TH should be healed by the time the season gets here anyway,henry is still suspened so he wont be playin till oct so it sounds like a dumb move when you have some good weapons with out all the trouble..he is a good wr tho hope he has changed for the bengals sake
Back to top Go down
HesterKRGod
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry   Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry Empty2008-08-20, 10:55

I doubt he will
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry   Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry Empty2008-08-20, 14:42

I can't believe they signed him. He can't play the first 4 games and if he gets in trouble again the Bengals will lose a draft pick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry   Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry Empty

Back to top Go down

Bengals opt to bring back WR Henry
Page 1 of 1