Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Who should I control on defense

Go down 
+18
Lorenzo61793
kapikogolf
Vaughnilla619
Ellard
aj_fitness1212
iGotBeast$wag13
Mr.Riddlez
Th3 Ac3r
Aillah
GODHORNET17
Skane3
raptors505
so much swag
MiamiXCanes
Ant1010 I Play Wii
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Fudgy
Sacobo
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sacobo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Who should I control on defense Empty
PostSubject: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-03, 21:59

Who should I control on defense?
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-03, 22:14

i'd suggest you controlling the FS, just gives you the ability to make sure nothing gets behind you and allows you to come up and make stop in the running game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-03, 22:24

it depends i switch throughout the game if i dont think theyre tht strong passing ill control the DE if they r gettin stuff across the middle ill control the MLB if theyre gettin stuff deep ill control the FS it all depends
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-04, 04:28

FS, he's the QB of the defense, but on 3rd down and passing, i control my best pass rusher.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-04, 05:21

the FS. can make it even harder to run (with the 46 you can have 9 in the box!!!!!!)

and if you have good stick you can play the passing lanes

just dont leave your zone lol
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-04, 13:16

what crazyblack said plus if your good with it you can switch off to LB real fast to blitz real fast.....lololololololol
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-04, 14:22

what black and swag said... they told me a few months ago to do it and i got better at D, i used to be horrible at D now i have my good times way more often
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-04, 18:36

raptors505 wrote:
what black and swag said... they told me a few months ago to do it and i got better at D, i used to be horrible at D now i have my good times way more often

much respect my n!gga..keep the fire burning..holla
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-04, 19:00

FS OR DE.
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-04, 20:32

just remember you might not be the best at it right away. it MIGHT take awhile to figure out how to do it right. but believe just be patient and believe in it and you will be better at controlling your FS.I actually like to play defense now cuz i love to ball hawk and if its a run i love to read it and make a big hit.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-04, 20:38

lol exactly. baing able to run around and ball hawk can change alot of things
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-05, 01:59

crazyblack001 wrote:
for sure, just dont bite on the double moves lol i remember when you ran that double move on me all i could say was SH!T lol
Back to top Go down
GODHORNET17
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
GODHORNET17

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-05, 02:48

DE when you know theyre passing, easy finesse move off the side and instant pressure. Other wise FS when not sure of run or pass or run
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-05, 04:22

raptors505 wrote:
crazyblack001 wrote:
for sure, just dont bite on the double moves lol i remember when you ran that double move on me all i could say was SH!T lol

lol yeah PA and double moves can normaly get me a TD or 2 vs somebody who likes to user the FS
Back to top Go down
GODHORNET17
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
GODHORNET17

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-05, 04:50

YEA LOL
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-06, 12:34

How do you get involved in the play as FS? I used to use sS on alot of ''yellow zones'' especially in 09. Now im covering the middle with a MLB but i'd really like to go back to the ball hawk abilities I had as SS in 09 getting alot of user picks.

What is your tips to get user picks?
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-06, 17:34

FS
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-07, 03:39

Aillah wrote:
How do you get involved in the play as FS? I used to use sS on alot of ''yellow zones'' especially in 09. Now im covering the middle with a MLB but i'd really like to go back to the ball hawk abilities I had as SS in 09 getting alot of user picks.

What is your tips to get user picks?
FS is a lot of fun man. but i ALWAYS hold strafe on a pass play the whole time. it gets me square and when the ball comes near me its like 80% of the time a pick. and in the running game i hold the strafe right away and then when i see where the run is going i will sprint a little and then hold on to strafe and sprint at the same time so i can keep my shoulders square to make the tackle. just like in real life if your shoulders are square then it will lower the chance of a broken tackle my man
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-07, 07:43

Cool, didnt think of using strafe for tackling purposes.

But do you need alot of practise to get user picks as FS, im guessing you need to jump alot of routes to get involved in the play?

Thanks raptor505
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riddlez
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Mr.Riddlez

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-07, 08:41

I control the linebacker 75% of the time. But if im playing someone that goes deep i control FS/SS some
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-07, 09:50

most of the time i control a Dlinemen because i dnt wanna phuck up wit a LB, or DB. But recently ive been userin da FS, or the MLB.
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-07, 12:52

Aillah wrote:
Cool, didnt think of using strafe for tackling purposes.

But do you need alot of practise to get user picks as FS, im guessing you need to jump alot of routes to get involved in the play?

Thanks raptor505
You really have to be carefull about jumping routes. normall the FS is in a Deep blue zone cuz his job is to let NO ONE behind him, but if you do read that its a quick slant play and that no one else is going deep then jump it, but it might take awhile for you to learn that, just stick with it man and you will start to get good at it. when i face someone that controls the FS well it really makes you second guess on throwing in his area. like i said earlier i played crazyblack one time and he has good stick skills so attacking a deep post or anything toward him is riskie cuz he knows how to us his FS well. dont expect to get an INT every game with your FS though. your purpose is to take away the deep stuff and IMO it shuts down a lot of over the middle posts or crossing routes. I think if you make a pass heavy opponent go on like a 14 play drive that is soo much to your benifit cuz the more plays he is running then the more you will learn and the better chance you have of picking him off and then you will no what to expect the next drive. My favorite play to run to get picks for my FS is Cover3 in dollar, and put the 3 and 4 corners that are in flat zones into purple zones. it covers a lot of route and when people try to go deep you will pick them off. i like when people try to go deep on me cuz that gives me a lot of time to react and pick it off. just practice it and you will improve on D i can almost assure that
Back to top Go down
Aillah
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-07, 13:43

raptors505 wrote:

You really have to be carefull about jumping routes. normall the FS is in a Deep blue zone cuz his job is to let NO ONE behind him, but if you do read that its a quick slant play and that no one else is going deep then jump it, but it might take awhile for you to learn that, just stick with it man and you will start to get good at it. when i face someone that controls the FS well it really makes you second guess on throwing in his area. like i said earlier i played crazyblack one time and he has good stick skills so attacking a deep post or anything toward him is riskie cuz he knows how to us his FS well. dont expect to get an INT every game with your FS though. your purpose is to take away the deep stuff and IMO it shuts down a lot of over the middle posts or crossing routes. I think if you make a pass heavy opponent go on like a 14 play drive that is soo much to your benifit cuz the more plays he is running then the more you will learn and the better chance you have of picking him off and then you will no what to expect the next drive. My favorite play to run to get picks for my FS is Cover3 in dollar, and put the 3 and 4 corners that are in flat zones into purple zones. it covers a lot of route and when people try to go deep you will pick them off. i like when people try to go deep on me cuz that gives me a lot of time to react and pick it off. just practice it and you will improve on D i can almost assure that[/quote]

Thanks man. My only worry about FS now is not getting involved in the plays very much since you are the last man deep:)
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-07, 15:42

but really you are involved in every play. you cant expect to be superman and do everything on the field. but shutting down a route will make the QB go to the second read or maybe you shut down the second read and he has to go to his thrid which will allow pressure to get there. the FS is a big part on D and is always involved. i probably avg 5+ tackles a game and maybe an int i think that is doing a solid job. you have to remember though stats dont show everything though. and its kind of hard to help you out without showing you but i will try to give some examples here. lets say your opponent runs the snugs play called bench. you have to WR doing corner posts and two WR doing 5 yard outs. if you read this play, then you can shade and double team one of the deep corner posts. you will get good believe me and you will be in EVERY play. i also play about 10 yards or less off the LOS before any snap undercenter so i can aid in the run D and i usually just wait to see if the RB is going to bust it outside cuz if he stays inside then a lot of the times my LBS or D-line will tackle him. you really have to be careful about PA though. when someone sees that you are controlling the FS they will test your defensive mind and your Stick skills and often attack you to see what you got. if you prove yourself disciplined and good on the Sticks then he will realize that he has a problem.
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty2010-01-07, 15:46

you also have to know what route looks like what. when you learn what the routes look like you can almost foresee the future and know where the receiver is going and that will allow you to jump routes and adjust where you will be patrolling the field
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should I control on defense   Who should I control on defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Who should I control on defense
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next